Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2023 12:29:19 AM EDT
I had bought a Scar 17 about 10 years ago. I really liked the rifle and enjoyed shooting it regardless of it having the reciprocating charging handle. Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances I sold it. Fast forward to the present, I now have a Scar 16. I have taken it to the range a couple times. While shooting I never noticed whether the charging hand moved or not. I just instinctively kept my fingers clear of its movements. But a while ago I started seeing posts speaking of the Scars with the NRCH. I had absolutely no idea they redesigned the Scar to fix the issue. So on the risk of sounding like an idiot, how do I find out if my Scar 16 has the NRCH, besides going to the range and watch it while firing? It will be a bit before I get to the range again. Is there a certain year and timeframe that they transitioned all the Scar variants to the NRCH? I think I bought mine around late 2021 or early 2022.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 12:36:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dat1Guy117] [#1]
Does it have charging handles on both sides? If not, it is not a nrch. Thats the easiest and non-scientific way to sort it out.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Does your bolt carrier look like this?  If not, it’s not a NRCH.

https://www.bauer-precision.com/fn-america-scar-non-reciprocating-charging-handle-scar-16s/

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#3]
If the serial prefix is L1C , it is NRCH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top