Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2024 5:47:30 PM EDT
I have a RA Go Wild in 308 that works with AICS style mags. I picked up one from Magpul and while it works, the front of the mag will rock in and out probably a half inch. As a result, it has issues feeding. The stock Ruger mag isn't a whole lot better, but somewhat.

I thought the Go Wild version was supposed to have an improved magwell but I got mine a couple year ago so maybe the updated it after I got mine.

If you have a similar rifle, have you had similar issues or been able to solve them? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there any adjustment on the mag catch? I don't know anything about the Ruger setup but AICS systems in general seem to have a wide range of fitment. My CDI FN has some play but I don't have any feed issues. Some people end up having to adjust the mag height and I think some companies offer different mag catches to do that.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:21:38 PM EDT
[#2]
No adjustment that I can see. Just a molded plastic well on the stock. Might be able to shim it somehow to keep it from moving or maybe something on the mag. A better stock would probably help, but not sure it's worth putting much money into although it shoots pretty well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:56:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Normlizer] [#3]
thats the one weakness the RA have is the mags.  I have a old compact 308 model and the mags just suck.  It came with the rotary mags that wouldn't feed they sent me a new mag that was junk also.  Then they came out with the single stack mags they were junk also.  Ruger sent me out a new stock also with the single stack mag and it still sucks.  It was mostly when loaded full after the first shot the next round would never pop up to feed for some odd reason.  I now only load 1 in the mag and 1 in the chamber.  Maybe one day i'll get a stock or chassis for it and have done with the ruger mags.  They finally learned with the gen 2 and it looks like they use magpul mags now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I've come to realize that the mags and/or fit just isn't great. After a bit more testing I figured out that if the mag is pushed in at the front all the way it will bind more and not feed well. If left tilted down/out it seems mostly to feed okay. However, the play/slop in how it fits means it's often not in the right place. I added a bit of tape to the mag to see if that would help keep it in the right spot and it might, but probably not really.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top