Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2024 7:00:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 7:53:43 AM EDT
[#1]
In the world of Jakl’s, this will not sell so great.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:08:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the fact it can convert to 308 or 6.5 creedmoor. I think i will get one if the reviews are favorable and exchange kits are available.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#4]
They do good work.

Iirc they had a hand in helping with the Brownells BRN180 and the Foxtrot Mike FM15
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:28:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Melvin_Johnson] [#5]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Atropian_Defector:
View Quote

The Jakl lacks just about everything that the PWS rifle offers.

Cannot change barrels on Jakl, at least you're not "supposed" to, per PSA.

No ambidextrous controls at all offered, from factory.

Heavier, by a decent chunk.

No 308 offerings yet.

6000 series aluminum, more than likely extruded vs the PWS billet 7000 series aluminum.

Frankly, I see no point to buying a PSA Jakl over a PWS UXR. The spirit of the ACR is more alive in a UXR than a Jakl, being modular and ambidextrous.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

The Jakl lacks just about everything that the PWS rifle offers.

Cannot change barrels on Jakl, at least you're not "supposed" to, per PSA.

No ambidextrous controls at all offered, from factory.

Heavier, by a decent chunk.

No 308 offerings yet.

6000 series aluminum, more than likely extruded vs the PWS billet 7000 series aluminum.

Frankly, I see no point to buying a PSA Jakl over a PWS UXR. The spirit of the ACR is more alive in a UXR than a Jakl, being modular and ambidextrous.
View Quote

I agree, but the price will be the deciding factor for most.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

I bet you will be wrong ...
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 4:24:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LIONHART] [#9]
The issue I have with the Jakle is the way the handguard mounts. While I like some of the design elements that went into to it, the handguard mounting is seriously flawed, IMO. The Masada/ACR and this new PWS got it right the first time.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 5:01:07 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

I disagree with this.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#11]
7.62x39 & $550 caliber conversions

they've got my attention

Link Posted: 1/25/2024 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 1:05:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UMP45_Enthusiast] [#13]
This gun has been the first gun in 5+ years that has made me instantly drop money.

Not only is it lighter than the Bren 2, JAKL, and BRN180, it seems to do the whole modular thing better than I have ever seen in the industry. The barrel mounting mechanism seem the most robust while maintaining a light weight, and I see the full conversion kits listed at $499. Time will tell if it lives up to its claims. My only current concern is the weight balance with it being so light weight, a G36 with a suppressor feels pretty awful because almost all the weight of the gun is in the front.

This gun reminds me of the HK433 in shape and design more than the ACR (which is probably inspired by the ACR), though. It breaks apart like the G36 and has the overall build style of its younger brother the HK433 with its shape, monolithic top rail and floating handguard that appears near identical.

Mike over at Fortress Tactical has a handful left of the first batch you can claim, about two weeks until ship.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:38:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 5:51:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UMP45_Enthusiast] [#15]
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:
Oops. The rifle fails to eject at the 3:41 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdLO1qUX9-g
View Quote

I wonder what gas setting and ammo was being used, that ejection is back at the 4 o'clock.

Primary Weapon Systems UXR | SHOT Show 2024 #gunreview #shotshow2024 #shorts

Same guy shooting a different URX and it has a significantly more meaty 2:30 ejection.

#Shotshow2024 industry range day, Primary Weapons Systems UXR is the most modular rifle out????

Different person shooting the Fail to Eject gun (same optic at least) and it has a very anemic ejection.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By UMP45_Enthusiast:

I wonder what gas setting and ammo was being used, that ejection is back at the 4 o'clock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4ZBENlpBy0
Same guy shooting a different URX and it has a significantly more meaty 2:30 ejection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syDU_iI3K-M
Different person shooting the Fail to Eject gun (same optic at least) and it has a very anemic ejection.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UMP45_Enthusiast:
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:
Oops. The rifle fails to eject at the 3:41 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdLO1qUX9-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4ZBENlpBy0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syDU_iI3K-M

Nice catch. Wouldn't surprise me at all, if someone toyed with the adjustable gas block and threw it to the suppressed setting.

Time will tell, in the end.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Found one more of what appears to be the offending rifle, ejection seems to be a fine 3 o'clock or hair forward of it. I have a feeling someone did swap the gas to suppressed unless someone major borked in that short time.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Definitely an intriguing rifle and PWS has had a good track record with their piston guns over the years.  I’ll be watching to see how it evolves.

Given its heritage (or the lack thereof) coupled with high price though, I won’t be an early adopter.  One of the nicer aspects of gun designs that have been through military trials/adoption is they’ve been beat on pretty hard and had improvements and refinements in the process.  So it isn’t to say the UXR is going to be a dog, just the consumer market is going to find ways to break it.

The Tavor series, the Hellion/VHS-2, ARX, the AUG, even the Bren 805 all had very very few changes after their launches given the history behind each design.  Now let’s compare to the Bren 2 MS, Desert Tech, even our beloved ACR.  Designs that never really scaled out.  Lots of revisions, stuff that didn’t work well, on top of being expensive.  I add the Bren 2 MS since it’s from a major manufacturer but the 2 MS variant was not the military design but a hybrid of features from the 2 and 2 BR receivers for the commercial market that has not been smooth sailing for the 7.63x39 version.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

I bet you will be wrong ...
View Quote

He might be wrong, someone has interest enough in this gun to invite it to EnforceTac in Germany this year.

https://soldiersystems.net/2024/02/27/pws-to-attend-enforce-tac-2024/
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#20]
If I guess $2200, how wrong will I be?
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:
If I guess $2200, how wrong will I be?
View Quote

$2400

The good news is the caliber exchange kits are under $500 and that includes everything (bolt and barrel) you will need which is a huge improvement over other gun's attempts at caliber exchanges which are 1k+ for just the barrel.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:12:00 AM EDT
[#22]
When is this available?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:23:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Big fan of PWS, so definitely will be watching
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Beyond_Visual_Range:
When is this available?
View Quote

From the last email I got from them, Mid April. But I have also been told mid Feb and mid March, sooo....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top