Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2019 10:41:21 AM EDT
Anyone hear any word on when these might be shipping? They really seem stuck in this rut of showing cool shit then not selling it or giving any kind of eta..
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I just talked to the production manager on Friday and they are trying to have them out by shot show.   They have started shipping to the warehouses so it shouldn’t be too much longer.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 12:38:52 AM EDT
[#2]
BD: sorry to ask this but specifically what is Remington/Bushmaster offering
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 3:05:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Locutus494] [#3]
OP; it would help to know which ones you're talking about. The SquadeDrop or M-lok handguards?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Bushmaster/Remington is releasing the new generation handguard.  It’s either squaredrop or mlok.  They are very close to the v2’s but with a better mounting system and no rear qd socket.

They weigh about the same as a v2 handguard too.   I run them on my test rifles and love them.

I’ll upload pics fairly soon showing the v2 vs what would be considered the v3? Rail
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:48:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Dana,

Just throwing a plug out for Templar Precision, he does awesome custom work, turns the rifle into what it always should have been.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you know if the new handguards will work on my remington defense ACR? Will it have a tighter fit than the V2 handguard?
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 10:03:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigdog200399] [#7]
Thanks for the shout out man!

The new rails work with the defense rifles.   You’d need one cerakoted to match your rifle though.

The defense rails don’t very work well with the bushmaster acrs. The barrel wrenches get in the way because of the tighter profile.   You can do it but you probably would have to remove the barrel wrench.

The new rails are about .125” taller than the Remington rail so it feels almost identical but works way better with the wrench setups.

I honestly can’t feel a difference unless I run both rifles (rails) back to back.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 3:31:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fettesbrotde] [#8]
Just got my mlok one in yesterday. Overall I love it. I had a midwest short one on it before, and had no problems with it, but this one is much beefier and feels great in the hand. I also never noticed, but the midwest handguard kind of blocked my gas plug on my 10.5" barrel and made it difficult to turn. On the 16" (14.5" now) it wasn't a problem.

Also got the Ambi charging handle / tray in and I'll be working on that later tonight. It came in what looks like retail packaging as if they're going to be selling it in stores too. It had decent instructions, but I'll be uploading a video on how to do it as the instructions seem a little hard to follow.

Link Posted: 3/6/2019 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#9]
^^yes their new packaging looks really good on the new parts.

They aren’t playing games with the handguards, I didn’t expect them to drop before the nra show. (At least the mlok ones).  I should be getting my shipment on them tomorrow or Friday.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#10]
any word when the MLOK handguards come out in coyote?
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I had to spray them.   No word officially from bushmaster.  I’ll be spraying more throughout this week.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fettesbrotde:
Just got my mlok one in yesterday. Overall I love it. I had a midwest short one on it before, and had no problems with it, but this one is much beefier and feels great in the hand. I also never noticed, but the midwest handguard kind of blocked my gas plug on my 10.5" barrel and made it difficult to turn. On the 16" (14.5" now) it wasn't a problem.

Also got the Ambi charging handle / tray in and I'll be working on that later tonight. It came in what looks like retail packaging as if they're going to be selling it in stores too. It had decent instructions, but I'll be uploading a video on how to do it as the instructions seem a little hard to follow.

https://i.imgur.com/siIWGoQ.jpg
View Quote
That's nice...
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Hopefully not too much thread necro, but Bushmaster now has the new handguards on their site:

MLOK

Square Drop

Dual charging handle assembly too

The 6.8 kit is up too, and they are listing a 300 BLK ACR carbine.  Sign up for their email list, as they do 20-25% off sales throughout the year.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 7:29:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I thought I read something about the actuator being upgraded to be stronger, and not beat up the cut out in the receiver. Can anyone verify that?
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 9:12:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Locutus494] [#15]
Yes, the new charging handle design latches in a totally different way so as to not peen the front of its slot in the receiver.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#16]
They are different and much better.  I don’t like the ambi personally.  Its too wide for my likings.  I’m slowly adding the new actuators into all my rifles with folding charging handles.

They don’t peen the receiver much at all, I’ve been running one since last September or so and have had no issues at all with them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Locutus494:
Yes, the new charging handle design latches in a totally different way so as to not peen the front of its slot in the receiver.
View Quote
Correct, now it just peens the back of the slot
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:

View Quote
Does it? Haven't heard that. Why would that happen, when it's non-reciprocating? The only time it's at the rear is when you're charging it by hand.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, when you pull it all the way back, it hits on the side you’re pulling on.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 11:37:18 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I noticed that on my friend's rifle...

They should have extended the carriage so it bottoms out on the back of the stock or need to start revising receivers with longer or angled reliefs for the charging handle.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 11:38:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Does it? Haven't heard that. Why would that happen, when it's non-reciprocating? The only time it's at the rear is when you're charging it by hand.
View Quote
Everytime you pull it back, the charging handle rotates on a pivot, back towards the side you are pulling on. The steel crossbar runs into the back end of the slot when you charge it all the way.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Does the new actuator fit legacy guns?
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:
Does the new actuator fit legacy guns?
View Quote
Yes, it is a retrofit.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, when you pull it all the way back, it hits on the side you’re pulling on.
View Quote
My original non-ambi handle hit both ends of the slot. I've played with running it on both the right and left side of the gun so both ends of the slots on both sides of the gun are dinged up.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 12:14:45 AM EDT
[#25]
I really like the new hanguard. I like it much better than the aftermarket offerings. Usually the rifle manufacturers don’t make hanguard a as good as the aftermarket companies do but this one is nice

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Nice new upgrades, waiting on 300 BLKOUT barrels.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 7:28:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I like those forearm. Mine is a fde one so would need that color. I do like the Midwest one and was planning on getting it but now I see this lol. How much was the forearm? I also thought about the 6.8 spc2 barrel conversion and 300 bo one. Undecided yet.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 6:49:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TURRICAN] [#28]
Originally Posted By bravo2:
I like those forearm. Mine is a fde one so would need that color. I do like the Midwest one and was planning on getting it but now I see this lol. How much was the forearm? I also thought about the 6.8 spc2 barrel conversion and 300 bo one. Undecided yet.
View Quote
I bought the Midwest MLock rail first. Put it on and immediately took it off and put it back in the box and returned it. It was nice and well made but I wanted a slimmer front end and that rail made it seem huge and boxy. I like this one MUCH better and it feels a lot lighter and slimmer.
My ACR now weighs about the same as my SCAR or at least it feels like it does.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:33:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Melvin_Johnson] [#29]
Please only post items for sale in Equipment Exchange.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 12:02:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By tactics74:
https://i.imgur.com/t2ibSg2.jpg

150. shipped
View Quote
Needs to be in EE.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Anybody know where to grab one of these mlok handguards?
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By sanman28:
Anybody know where to grab one of these mlok handguards?
View Quote

Pick up one of the 300blk models from DSG

Mine came with one and the ambi charging handle. (might switch that out)
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 9:56:36 PM EDT
[#33]
If you want to stay with the 300 barrel you have to keep the ambi assembly.  The older assemblies won't work with the 300 gas blocks.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:47:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By bigdog200399:
If you want to stay with the 300 barrel you have to keep the ambi assembly.  The older assemblies won't work with the 300 gas blocks.
View Quote

Good to know
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top