Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2017 1:21:54 PM EDT
Since this form isnt getting much traffic ill throw this up..

http://www.mossberg.com/new-firearms-mossberg-590a1-500-compact-cruiser-aows/
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#1]
MSRP:  $910 – $980
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#2]
$900 for a Mossberg....You got to be kidding me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Hahahaha I didn't even look at the price

Doesn't make sense? They are the manufacturer and make the same gun with twice the material for $300... What the hell
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, this was covered previously. They went full Mossberg a long time ago.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 1:53:02 AM EDT
[#5]
priced in the same range as Serbu and Safety Harbor so pricing doesn't seem that bad.  Definitely doesn't seem good.  There is a lot of work involved in the aftermarket anyway once you go this short.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems to have been a misprint, MSRP $455
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone seen one in the wild yet?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bonk2029:
Has anyone seen one in the wild yet?
View Quote

lol I saved the link and run across it in my bookmarks every once in a while and figure its not worth looking for yet, but I assume production had to be started when they released the news? Maybe I'm wrong
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:46:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Some on gunbroker in the $700 range.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#10]
A week or so ago I paid $410 out the door at a local gun-store in Oklahoma. The dealer said he got 1 from his distributer who claimed it was his last.

I went in looking to buy a Ruger .308 w/ a 18" Medium contour barrel and some local goober who hangs out in the store all day was fingering it (the 590, not the Ruger), I asked him if he was going to buy it, he said he was just looking at it. 

I snatched it from his dirty fat hands and raised it up in the air and hollered "Sold!", then proceeded to buy it. 

I'll have to wait for that "special time of the month" when my wife is in one of those extra-friendly moods  before revealing it to her.

My wife is a skin-flint when it comes to spending money; I on the other hand, am not. 

Back story on the Ruger. My best friend is a medical doctor who earns the big bucks. He has about $7500 into his Remington 700 (NF optics, suppressor, McMillan stock, bipod, 2 pound trigger, extended magazine etc..) My goal is to buy a cheap-ass Ruger All American, bed the stock, run a Vortex on it, rattle can it Krylon extra flat cammo and attempt to consistently ping the 1000' gong with it. My friend is Asian and super-smart, so we constantly have pissing matches between us.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:11:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Why no pic?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 9:55:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Mainsail:
Why no pic?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171243/AOW590A1-339317.JPG
View Quote
Dealer cost is about $590 on this one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Why can't they just use a normal, shortened, foregrip?  Actually if you used a Maverick foregrip all you have to do is hacksaw it to length. I also would prefere the Maverick safety.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 10:47:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hawkin] [#14]
I just purchased one today. 2+1 model. Should arrive at my dealer next week.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By hawkin:
I just purchased one today. 2+1 model. Should arrive at my dealer next week.
View Quote
[hijack]
:-O Gave up the FFL?
[/hijack]
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Anyone got to play with the 8" model yet? They have seemed to come down in price and are quite reasonable now. Gunbroker sales are around $550.

And surely this stupid looking shell holder will come off.

Attachment Attached File

If anyone has one please chime in with pics, video or comments.

I have the AOW or DD itch and looking for my next purchase.

I could actually see myself toting one of these while fishing for snake medicine.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 11:53:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#17]
Sorry double tap.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Cheaper than a Serbu Super shorty
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 12:49:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
Cheaper than a Serbu Super shorty
View Quote
Yeah thats why I am looking at them.

With AOWs can you change the grip to a different style pistol grip? Or does it have to stay in a specific length config?
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#20]
You can change things up...just not add a stock.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
You can change things up...just not add a stock.
View Quote
10-4 what I thought.

Do you have one like the above I posted?
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

10-4 what I thought.

Do you have one like the above I posted?
View Quote
I had a Serbu a few years ago. Sold it when I was downsizing.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 8:06:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ryder198] [#23]
Ive got one swamp. The 7.5” version. It is what you would expect. Standard mossberg “quality”. I took the side saddle garbage off and replaced with a hogue tamer grip. Looks and shoots much better. For an out of the box aow it works. Folds up small and is fun to shoot a few times.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:31:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#24]
Originally Posted By ryder198:
Ive got one swamp. The 7.5” version. It is what you would expect. Standard mossberg “quality”. I took the side saddle garbage off and replaced with a hogue tamer grip. Looks and shoots much better. For an out of the box aow it works. Folds up small and is fun to shoot a few times.https://imageshack.com/i/portmKESj
View Quote
Looks sharp. Do you have a holster to go with it?

I have found a few of the mossberg AOWs for around the $550ish area. Have also seen the saftey harbor 7” 500 for $500 and I can get that in a 20ga which is slightly more appealing to me. Not sure which way I may go as of yet. The local FFL charging $50 for NFA transfers which kinda sucks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:23:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: freefaller] [#25]
Is there a source for the 590A1 #51664 10.25" front end kit(barrel, mag tube, action slide)?

I know that the 14" front end kit had it's own part number (92514)
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#26]
ended up buying the 7" 12ga mossberg model. Thought long and hard about the 20ga Saftey Harbor but the 12ga with aguila mini shells won out. Now the wait begins.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#27]
AOW Moss shorty with the mini 2 1/4" buckshot shells is nice setup.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 2:06:28 PM EDT
[#28]
The one I bought is a 2+1 wonder how many it will hold of the mini shells.

4+1?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#29]
My first thought is that they had been making AOW’s for as long as I can remember. Now I see it’s the little guys.

Still haven’t seen one in person but in pictures they look a lot uglier than the Serbu Safety Harbor gums to me. I always like seeing new stuff but don’t understand why it took them so long to get in the game. If I ever get another it will most likely be a Safety Harbor 20.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 11:55:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
My first thought is that they had been making AOW’s for as long as I can remember. Now I see it’s the little guys.

Still haven’t seen one in person but in pictures they look a lot uglier than the Serbu Safety Harbor gums to me. I always like seeing new stuff but don’t understand why it took them so long to get in the game. If I ever get another it will most likely be a Safety Harbor 20.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/129950/DB620C77-1DF9-4CD5-AEF6-920DB7D1D49E_jpeg-724391.JPG
View Quote
@ALASKANFIRE

How do you like the pachmyer vindicator grip. They appear to be out of production and when I do see them pop up on eBay and gunbroker they fetch a pretty penny. There is another member here running one and they look pretty cool.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:05:06 AM EDT
[#31]
I like it better than the original grip but have only put a few rounds through it since I swapped it so I can't pretend it's the greatest thing ever. It feels significantly better in the hand but those choate grips that everyone used have always been shit. Only thing I miss is the built in loop for the nifty sling that came with my gun so I need to buy a adapter.

What kind of gun do you have? @swampfoxoutdoors
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#32]
I bought the 7” mossberg AOW which has a terrible looking grip and shell holder on it I think. I personally have never even held it or seen it. Found a good deal on gun pro deals and wanted to scratch the $5 stamp itch. It’s at my dealer but never have seen it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:45:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: taymag] [#33]
I bought the 7” mossberg AOW which has a terrible looking grip and shell holder on it I think. I personally have never even held it or seen it. Found a good deal on gun pro deals and wanted to scratch the $5 stamp itch. It’s at my dealer but never have seen it.
View Quote
Funny this thread got a bump, I am picking up a G45 tomorrow and may get one of these Shockwaves, I like being able to cross state lines without messing with travel notices

Still want the 7" AOW though, just haven't found any deals
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:58:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#34]
Originally Posted By taymag:

Funny this thread got a bump, I am picking up a G45 tomorrow and may get one of these Shockwaves, I like being able to cross state lines without messing with travel notices

Still want the 7" AOW though, just haven't found any deals
View Quote
deals are there my friend.

Saftey Harbor were blowing their AOWS out last time I checked. I think they were $475 or so. Can not remember what I paid for mine but seems like it was under $500.

And I would entertain the idea of running it in a micro shockwave configuration but have no idea how the front grip and pump arms are set up. Are they shorter than normal 500 action arms?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#35]

Saftey Harbor were blowing their AOWS out last time I checked. I think they were $475 or so. Can not remember what I paid for mine but seems like it was under $500.

And I would entertain the idea of running it in a micro shockwave configuration but have no idea how the front grip and pump arms are set up. Are they shorter than normal 500 action arms?
View Quote
$475 is do-able, but most the time I see them at like $700+ which is not ideal lol

Pretty sure the shockwave grips are standard size but never really thought about it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By taymag:

$475 is do-able, but most the time I see them at like $700+ which is not ideal lol

Pretty sure the shockwave grips are standard size but never really thought about it.
View Quote
well looks like the deals are gone. They were blems they was selling and pretty sure they were $450. Check with Gun Pro deals on the factory AOWS & SBS they have good deals.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
$780, looks like. Better than the $1k they used to ask, but...
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Could one put a pistol brace on this legally? It isn't a stock

Not seeing anyone do it has me wondering if there is some detail that I am missing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#39]
You could - but if you're adding that much length, you might as well go w/ a Shockwave unless you're intending to conceal it on your person.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By evlblkwpnz:
Could one put a pistol brace on this legally? It isn't a stock

Not seeing anyone do it has me wondering if there is some detail that I am missing.
View Quote
Yeah local gun shop had 3 like that up for sale. Look kinda dumb tho.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#41]

Yeah local gun shop had 3 like that up for sale. Look kinda dumb tho.
View Quote
It might be better with a SBA3 on it or something similar. It would definitely be a compromise compared to a SBS, but it would definitely beat the experience of firing standard loads with nothing but a pistol grip.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Finally able to post this.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:  @ALASKANFIRE

How do you like the pachmyer vindicator grip. They appear to be out of production and when I do see them pop up on eBay and gunbroker they fetch a pretty penny. There is another member here running one and they look pretty cool.
View Quote
I've run a Pachmayr Vindicator grip on my 20 ga 870 Youths for 25 years or more.  Pity they don't make them for the Mossberg anymore.  Looks nice on yours.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

I've run a Pachmayr Vindicator grip on my 20 ga 870 Youths for 25 years or more.  Pity they don't make them for the Mossberg anymore.  Looks nice on yours.
View Quote
It used to be a pretty tiny market. I bet they would sell a few if they made them today.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
You could - but if you're adding that much length, you might as well go w/ a Shockwave unless you're intending to conceal it on your person.
View Quote
I was thinking about use in non-SBS states.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#46]
On my Mossberg Factory AOW I like having a brace.  Alternatively I have a Hogue Tamer to use on it - brace really helps
aiming quite a bit!

Link Posted: 12/8/2019 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 9:15:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
So it's basically a Serbu Super Shorty for almost the same price?
View Quote
Ummmm not really unless you are comparing new to used and speaking of new I don’t think Serbu or Safety Harbor are even making their guns anymore so these might be the only option for new guns.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 9:25:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#49]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
So it's basically a Serbu Super Shorty for almost the same price?
View Quote
Back when I bought mine it was $455 or something on gunprodeals

The Serbu was like $1,000

And the Saftey Harbor was $550 for a blem I think and the normal price was couple hundred more.  And not sure if they are still made.

Also here is my goofy video on it.

Link Posted: 12/8/2019 10:08:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top