Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2019 1:36:59 AM EDT
Hi all,

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the Nefarious Arms piston system for the ACR and how it compares to the stock system.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:33:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dwc032] [#1]
Well if you can get ahold of him, and have him work on your gun in less then 6 months after he receives it he’s top notch.

I had him shorten and dimple my barrel. It took over 3 months. He does great work, but I can’t say anything else good about him.  Look up Templar Precision.  He is truly top notch, responds to all emails, does timely work on your weapon and is a good dude. He can do anything Pitts can do.

Not trying to be a dick, but it’s not hard to respond to emails.  Also you shouldn’t take on more work then you can complete.  I own my own business and if I dont have time to complete certain tasks, I don’t take on the work.  If I do take on the work, I let the customer know it will be a be a while.

https://templarprecision.com
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 11:12:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SamW] [#2]
It gets worse if he forgets to do something while it's there. I would guess I was w/o my barrel for 7-8 months in total.

That said, it's fantastic now. For the $$$ and time I wouldn't do it again.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 11:33:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I ended up grabbing the 16" ACR barrel assembly that was in the EE. Hoping to have the gas system transplanted from that to another barrel I have.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 5:47:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: purevl2] [#4]
I had him retrofit a Daniel Defense 14.5" CHF lightweight carbine barrel with his piston system.   He also pinned a MAMs.  No issues after 1000s of rounds and it's my second favorite gun after my SR15 (which he also ball dimpled and shortened).

With the barrel retrofit, it feels like a different gun altogether.  
Guess what he did to the SCAR?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top