Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 2/28/2023 12:43:39 PM EDT
Missed out on ordering them years ago.  
Wondering if anyone knows where I can get some.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Just an FYI but back before Eric did some links, I thought they would be awesome and he strongly disagreed.  He initially came out with some plastic links and they don't hold the rounds tightly enough then came out with some that were metal reinforced and were not much better.  I have both.  Not that many of the metal ones.  The novelty wore off for me very quickly due to the unreliability.  The cloth belts are much easier to deal with.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Amphibian, that's what I remember as well.  I guess for me it is more about having as complete of a system as possible.  I doubt I would ever use them but my crazy brain tells me I should pick some up if possible.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 4:53:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: linuxgnar] [#3]
Would one of those work with an RLL? (Not that I've seen one for sale basically ever).

Edit: found one on GunBroker.

I'd be interested but I don't have a RR just a link.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 7:50:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: amphibian] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By linuxgnar:
Would one of those work with an RLL? (Not that I've seen one for sale basically ever).

Edit: found one on GunBroker.

I'd be interested but I don't have a RR just a link.
View Quote
I am the guy that mentioned to Eric at Lakeside to make the LM7 back in the day and was the first beta tester before he went into production.  I was on his forum all the time.  I seem to recall that he said NO to the RLL.  Even with a RR, he used to offer a service to hone down the customer's FA hammer and sear engagement to prevent what he called, 'hammer dip'.  Which is when the carrier trip surface would engage the autosear, you could see the hammer dip down due to the irregular engagement surfaces.   That needed to be honed down as the little 22LR bolt doesn't have much energy after trying to strip a round from a belt and lifting the belt etc.

Now, I'm not saying it is impossible.  You would need a super light disconnector spring and have to modify the bolt to accomodate for the trip area of the RLL....but even with all that work done I highly doubt it would be reliable.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By amphibian:
I am the guy that mentioned to Eric at Lakeside to make the LM7 back in the day and was the first beta tester before he went into production.  I was on his forum all the time.  I seem to recall that he said NO to the RLL.  Even with a RR, he used to offer a service to hone down the customer's FA hammer and sear engagement to prevent what he called, 'hammer dip'.  Which is when the carrier trip surface would engage the autosear, you could see the hammer dip down due to the irregular engagement surfaces.   That needed to be honed down as the little 22LR bolt doesn't have much energy after trying to strip a round from a belt and lifting the belt etc.

Now, I'm not saying it is impossible.  You would need a super light disconnector spring and have to modify the bolt to accomodate for the trip area of the RLL....but even with all that work done I highly doubt it would be reliable.
View Quote

Appreciate the info!! I'm still setting up different hosts for my link it's relatively new to me, but boy howdy would I love anyway to use it with rimfire.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Appreciate the info!! I'm still setting up different hosts for my link it's relatively new to me, but boy howdy would I love anyway to use it with rimfire.
View Quote
You can...
with a Ciener kit.  
Link to a local friend that successfully did it: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/RLL-with-Ciener-Kit/23-518179/

I saw him a few weeks a go and he made some changes to the last posts and told me he made it even simpler.

Link Posted: 3/5/2023 11:27:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: linuxgnar] [#7]
Originally Posted By amphibian:
You can...
with a Ciener kit.  
Link to a local friend that successfully did it: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/RLL-with-Ciener-Kit/23-518179/

I saw him a few weeks a go and he made some changes to the last posts and told me he made it even simpler.

View Quote

amazing! So if I understand it correctly, I just need a trip kit for my existing CMMG conversion bolt? Then some time with some sheet metal to make the right paddle (and lots of patience)?

And if I get that working, I could then just swap barrels and the bolt collar to make a dedicated upper with something like this?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:43:15 AM EDT
[#8]

amazing! So if I understand it correctly, I just need a trip kit for my existing CMMG conversion bolt? Then some time with some sheet metal to make the right paddle (and lots of patience)?

And if I get that working, I could then just swap barrels and the bolt collar to make a dedicated upper with something like this?
View Quote
BTW, I may see the guy that invented the RLL thing tomorrow and get clarification on his improvements.
However, we are derailing this thread.  If you want to discuss this further you should start a new thread or figure out how to re-vive the old one.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top