Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2022 12:26:26 AM EDT
Anyone ever Form 1 a derringer wallet gun? I understand they’re considered an AOW.  Not the gun itself. But if you put it in a wallet holster then it’s considered an AOW.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 10:04:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

Only if it can be fired while in the holster. Just making sure that was clear. Without an opening to access the trigger, it’s just a pistol in a holster.

See second section here: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-guide-identification-firearms-section-9
View Quote

Yea. That's what I'm talking about. Anyone do it?
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 2:04:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Rather than do a Form 1, see if you can find a Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT who'll register it for you and transfer it to you.

The Form 1 is going to cost you $200 plus the cost of engraving.

A Form 4 transfer for an AOW is only $5. If you find a willing FFL, it's an almost sure bet you'll save money. Additionally, if you ever decide to sell it, it will have an FFL's info on it, not yours.

I used to hold a Type 7 FFL/Class 2 SOT. A gentleman called me up once and asked me to take care of a NAA AOW for him with wallet holster. I charged him $95, so, even with the stamp, he spent half of what he would have spent had he done the Form 1. (I ended up buying an NAA mini plus wallet holster and doing one for myself on the same Form 2.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top