Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
E-coti cost? (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/23/2020 1:31:34 PM EDT
I read that these are restricted to LE/mil, will retailers sell to individual LE/mil and if so, what is the going cost?

Link Posted: 7/23/2020 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 2:19:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gaspain] [#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNVC_Sam:

No.
View Quote

At one time, there was a small group that was able to purchase them through lots of hard work by TNVC. After that they got contracts and now they are restricted.

What's that saying about being in the right place at the right time?
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:
They are not currently available for individual purchase, only organizational.

Cost is around $8,000.

~Augee
View Quote

This makes me feel even better about buying the regular coti no way the E coti is 3x as good
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By smeeg:

This makes me feel even better about buying the regular coti no way the E coti is 3x as good
View Quote

Agreed, though the 640 core and 60 hz would be a nice upgrade
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#10]

The 30o FOV (versus 20o) and 25% weight reduction is not not nice, too.

~Augee
View Quote

Damn. After playing with the coti for the last few nights all that sounds incredible.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 7:20:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:30:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Augee] [#13]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 1:54:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jwramp] [#14]
That spread at the end of the video really shows off the increased resolution and wider field of view in those.

Link Posted: 8/12/2020 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By jwramp:
That spread at the end of the video really shows off the increased resolution and wider field of view in those.

https://i.imgur.com/euFVqnT.jpg
View Quote

Really is impressive.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#16]
New video on the E-COTI by Safran/Optics1:

https://vimeo.com/444670860

A good overview. While currently still restricted to military and law enforcement (organizational purchases only), fusion technology and augmented reality are definitely coming out of their shell and the next new direction in VAS technology, excited to see it continue to become more widely available (the USMC SBNVG program using the ESA-NV F5032 as the BNVD component for conventional military forces is huge) and progresses and develops.

~Augee
View Quote

Looks absolutely awesome.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TNVC:

Yes, there were some very happy folks once that happened.
View Quote

I'm pretty upset with myself for not buying when they were 'available', but the thought that they would turn into .gov only never even occurred to me.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 3:03:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Augee] [#18]
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Ataks cable available?
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 2:41:55 AM EDT
[#21]

They're available now.

$8,399 for the full kit. It's a lot of money, but it's a lot of capability, and the latest generation of night vision/thermal technology in use and being fielded to some of the most elite SOF worldwide.

Optics 1 ECOTI Latest Fusion Available Commercially Exclusively Through TNVC

~Augee
View Quote

Yeah, you guys would do that after I bought the standard version in the "absolute last chance you're never going to get to buy these again" dump a few months ago.
Do you offer a trade-in program?  Anyone want to buy a standard COTI???
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 3:20:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Klaustrophobia:

Yeah, you guys would do that after I bought the standard version in the "absolute last chance you're never going to get to buy these again" dump a few months ago.
Do you offer a trade-in program?  Anyone want to buy a standard COTI???
View Quote
Dont lose sight of the fact you have "close enough" to the E-Coti....And it cost you 5 thousand dollars less to get it.

I want an E-Coti, but this actually makes me feel even better about purchasing the coti at the close out pricing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 7:59:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:17:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Augee] [#25]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Sam:

Unless of course you need warranty or repair support.
View Quote
You could damn near buy 3 COTIs for the price of 1...

So if your mindset is "2 is 1 and 1 is none" you are still better off getting 2 COTIs and a Hogster or Perst over 1 E-COTI IMO.

I just think its too easy to get caught up in the gear and keeping up with the Jones's. If a guy has 9 thousand dollars sitting on their desk just burning a hole in their pocket sure but...If I had a COTI and 9 grand on my desk my first thought would not be "I should get an E-COTI". It would probably be "Hmm, now how many weeks did I want to spend in the Mediterranean again?"  

As I recall, even Augee has stated the E-Coti isnt that much of an upgrade over the standard COTI (Admittedly he did say it was nicer and was an upgrade, but wasnt convinced it was a "must have")
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By TNVC:
Great comments Augee. Bottom line, let's face it, the CONSTANT pitch of the ECOTI never being available with comments like this and many other comments from ONE source, "It's like that old saying make a wish or crap in your hand, see which one gets filled first.  LOL" , was used to "sell" and "goad" the surplus COTI's and nothing else.

As Augee said, great price for that piece when Euro Optics purchased the line and offered it to a few other dealers. It's great to see other users have the opportunity to get into the COTI no matter what version! Good stuff and that's the bottom line when people are happy with their own purchase.

We've been asked from our clients for YEARS to sell "restricted" manufacturers goods and we've accomplished that with the ECOTI and we're incredibly happy folks are now allowed to own such incredible tech and by looks of our BF sales this AM so far, many others wanted this latest iteration.
View Quote
Thats one thing I, and many others, really do appreciate. Trying to get the restricted gear pushed down to the hands of us lowly civilians.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 12:59:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC] [#29]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#31]
It really does come down to priorities for the end user. Whether that be door kickers, terrorist chasers, coyote slayers or just keyboard commandos at the end of the day YOU (Being whoever is readin this) should spend your money how YOU see fit.

I'll maintain, for myself as much as anything, its a big damn world and I think tis too easy to get blinders on on getting the next peice of "must have" gear. I'd say if you've never been to Europe....Maybe take the Coti and a vacation over an Ecoti. While the latest tech is really awesome, if you really want a "Wow..." moment go climb the stairs in the National Wallace Monument in Scotland. You'll get a profound sense of purpose and placement in thge world you may not have otherwise had.

Stand under the Eiffel Tower. Walk through the Catacombs. Stare in amazement at at the intricate architecture and beautiful stained glass windows of the Notre Dame.

Look out over the cliffs of Dover. Hell, at those cliffs is an English castle which was built upon roman ruins. If you really want to have hisotry stare you in the face, go to the lighthouse and look at the plaque. It is by far the oldest building I have ever laid a hand on. It really gives you a sense of hisotry outside of just reading words in a book. The governments and rule of man has been a part of our history since shortly after man started the first fire.

I've been to Europe 3 times. I could give so many pictures, but I think our place in this timeline is best suymmed up with this, in the Wallace Memorial.

But again, we each need to spend our money as we see fit and as long as you are happy thats what matters!
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 2:03:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Augee] [#32]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#33]
What are talking about exactly? Lol

They are different customers similar to those who buy a Breach instead of a SKEET. It’s all relative in terms of what expensive is. Hell, some people think I’m super rich with the gear I have while it’s just a drop in the bucket compared to some, lol.

IMO, you either know if you’re an ECOTI kind of guy or if you’re not. I know I’m not but good for those guys who are. And if you’re not no big deal there is plenty damn fine stuff at “peasant” prices.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#35]
The biggest thing that makes me jealous of the ECOTI is the weight, after wearing mine on duals.  The increased performance would be nice too, but yeah I'm not sure it's worth $5k to me.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:27:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#36]
Originally Posted By will-1:
What are talking about exactly? Lol

They are different customers similar to those who buy a Breach instead of a SKEET. It’s all relative in terms of what expensive is. Hell, some people think I’m super rich with the gear I have while it’s just a drop in the bucket compared to some, lol.

IMO, you either know if you’re an ECOTI kind of guy or if you’re not. I know I’m not but good for those guys who are. And if you’re not no big deal there is plenty damn fine stuff at “peasant” prices.
View Quote

Lots of common sense in this thread. :)

AR is great if you have the support systems required to make it effective (Don't know why Safran call it HUD for the ECOTI).  For example there are phone network based systems, that for most, are more effective than the Android based ATAK or CivTAK - as the later need significant infrastructure, specific comms and other users to be equally connected to be effective.  In contrast there are other MESH type systems (essentially UHF/VHF based) and about half a dozen phone network linked systems (yes I know some don't like phone network systems for obvious reasons) - these work, are cheap and thus very cost effective.  Then again, you have the AR functions on the Aurora and PRO - still in beta form but again has the potential to be extremely simple and cost effective.  Thus for the vast majority of non MIL/LE types a COTI supplanted with a simple phone set up in a chest mounted admin pouch/phone holder can make a great deal of sense.  As always, different horses for different courses and different budgets.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 4:30:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#37]
Also didn't SOCOM dump Android support??? edit or at least move away from android based devices in 2016ish.  My recollection was there were some good reasons for this.  Moreover state of the art is like beauty, in the eye of the beholder.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 1:22:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#39]
I'm not asking you to talk out of school......https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htecm/20161105.aspx its all in the public domain

Moving away from android makes loads of sense for so many reasons...........also I'm not saying they are not in use in the military, they are with different OS, they are ubiquitous........I am simply saying systems evolve for good reason and they have evolved.  There are very obvious reasons why CIVTAK/WINTAK are available.  

There are other systems that better suit the civvy market, here are two examples - both support teams and NODs.  Both are easy to use.  

The point being the ECOTI is way over priced for what it offers for the vast majority of users - its good that you offer it to those that need it and want it - I would also hope you would point out that these systems are shit in shit out and the primary AR functionality comes to the fore when operating in teams LEO/MIL/ER/SAR/FS.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 1:41:24 AM EDT
[#40]

I’m not going to discuss the details of what capabilities are or not in use and in what capacity.

But they are very much in use.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/468022/6444D19B-303D-4966-A862-FB9FD9306039-1706951.jpg

~Augee
View Quote

The fact that he's wearing Kryptek pants makes my heart sing.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 1:54:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#41]
Originally Posted By ThisWildAdventure:

The fact that he's wearing Kryptek pants makes my heart sing.
View Quote

that and the fact his JPC isn't rooted
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#43]
The reality of the e-coti to someone who has used both is that it does what it does better than the coti by a healthy margin.  The better sensor alone is indisputable.    I’ve used both units and for hunting, force on force, or real world fighting, it is worth every penny of premium over the discontinued model.  The fact that it is available with full factory support is icing on the cake.  If the choice is between the coti and e-coti, it is absolutely clear who the winner is.  If the choice is between the coti and nothing, it is equally clear what the winner is.  True fusion NVG is 100% where it is at.  With e-coti on my filmless WP binos, it is easy to own the night.

The AR stuff to me is cool, but didn’t play a role in my decision making.  Kudo’s to Vic and the gang for making this tech available to us.

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:14:20 PM EDT
[#44]
They are overrated anyways. I wouldn’t sweat it if you can’t get one
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By TDunn:
The reality of the e-coti to someone who has used both is that it does what it does better than the coti by a healthy margin.  The better sensor alone is indisputable.    I’ve used both units and for hunting, force on force, or real world fighting, it is worth every penny of premium over the discontinued model.  The fact that it is available with full factory support is icing on the cake.  If the choice is between the coti and e-coti, it is absolutely clear who the winner is.  If the choice is between the coti and nothing, it is equally clear what the winner is.  True fusion NVG is 100% where it is at.  With e-coti on my filmless WP binos, it is easy to own the night.

The AR stuff to me is cool, but didn’t play a role in my decision making.  Kudo’s to Vic and the gang for making this tech available to us.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/r82/dvlray6/77632A86_6430_47D0_906B_D438D044561D.jpeg

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/r82/dvlray6/78E97846_5627_437A_A90F_24685B49AD70.jpeg
View Quote

What if the choice is between the e-coti or just sticking with a coti that you already have?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:11:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TDunn] [#46]
Depends on your usage.  If you need the longer detection range and better resolution, upgrade.  For hunting, I find it very much more useful that the coti.  If you are just playing with it or using for SHTF, maybe you are ok.  It really comes down to do you need the extra performance and do you have the cash.  

For me, I use the e-coti and would buy again.  I bought multiple mounting brackets so I can move it easily between my Sentinels and my KVC bridged thermal/I2 unit.  I’ve been doing this a while.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#47]
I absolutely do need better performance.

I absolutely don't have the money for it.  

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#48]
$3k of basic no-instagram-points COTI + $5k of handheld thermal =
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#49]
This just shows a company could come out with a bare bones e-coti device (without the AR stuff), in the $5k range and it would sell well.

$8k price range cuts out a lot of people.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:04:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By madbarbarian87:
This just shows a company could come out with a bare bones e-coti device (without the AR stuff), in the $5k range and it would sell well.

$8k price range cuts out a lot of people.
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
E-coti cost? (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top