Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/14/2008 4:32:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eggrolly] [#1]
rather than TAGing something, why not ADD to the discussion at hand?

Think carefully about item placement

assess the location, displacement, weight, support, accessibility and of course whether an item is a bonafide NEED or a vanity WANT

Link Posted: 3/14/2008 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I would agree with Egg.  The only way I was able to truly see what worked for me and what didnt was by getting out and using the stuff.  That is how I was able to realize that I needed to cut down on all the stuff I wanted to carry.

I would LOVE to be able to don a plate carrier with soft inserts and plates, have 12 mags and 3 pistol mags, a hydration bladder, admin pannel, flashlight, room for a smoke, IFAK and room for GP stuff - but that wont be within reason and wouldnt be something I could wear for an extended period of time.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2008 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok, Here is my 1st and 2nd lines. I still need a dump pouch for my first line belt and I have a new HSGI med pouch comming for the chest rig. My 3rd line I'm still trying to sort out. So let me know what you guys think.

1st lilne close up

Right side

Left side

Back

Misc front shots I thought looked cool

Link Posted: 3/15/2008 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Big black rifle and nice black drop leg holster don't look cool.  :D

About the only thing I question is the big pouch right in the middle of your chest rig and the pistol mag pouches to the sides of it.  Are you just going for symmetry, or is there a reason?  Put all your pistol mags on your support-side (for reloading, and move the big pouch to the righ.  Leaves your center more open/thinner to make going prone a bit easier, should it be neccesary.
Link Posted: 3/15/2008 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The pistol mag pouches on the left are for pistol mags. The ones on the right hold my surefire G2 and a leatherman multitool. I also have two more pistol mags on my 1st line belt. The 100 round SAW pouch in the center holds my FAK.

I know the holster stands out and I do have plans on replacing it I just don't know with what yet. I run a Ruger P345 and am having some trouble finding a lightbearing holster I like that'll work with my pistol and not cost a ton.

As to the rifle I've played with the idea of painting it and even went as far as to paint two of my mags that turned out really well HERE but I just can't seem to bring myself to do it. Plus what are the chances it will ever actually matter.
Link Posted: 3/15/2008 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#6]
You spend all that money on web gear and MultiCam BDUs and you still run a Ruger handgun?  

As for painting, it probably won't matter.  But you don't match, and that's important, isn't it?  :D
Link Posted: 3/15/2008 2:42:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK47CBR] [#7]
I've been wanting an XD45 but I just can see a reason why other than the higher mag capacity. If I can't get it done with 8+1 rounds of .45ACP or the 4 extra magsI have. I brought the wrong weapon to the fight. The P345 has been accurate and dead on reliable. so I can't find a reason to spend more money.

ETA: Not including weapons and mags I got ALL my gear which includes a few more pouches, a 3Day pack, and another pair of the boots for abaout $350! I really pays to scoure the interwebs and the EE here on arfcom.
Link Posted: 3/15/2008 3:04:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: calicojack] [#8]
so what are you pouch break downs and what molle system are you using ak47cbr? i to run an ak, and have been looking for mag pouches.

:edit: nm. i'm stupid. it's the eagle ak47 rig that skd sells. but wait... what is that i see on the BACK SIDE of your 1st line belt? what ak pouches are those? the hsgi universals?
Link Posted: 3/15/2008 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By calicojack:
so what are you pouch break downs and what molle system are you using ak47cbr? i to run an ak, and have been looking for mag pouches.

:edit: nm. i'm stupid. it's the eagle ak47 rig that skd sells. but wait... what is that i see on the BACK SIDE of your 1st line belt? what ak pouches are those? the hsgi universals?

You got it. It's the HSGI UMMP. I just cut the web/devider out of the inside of the pouch and two 7.62x39mm mags fit very well.

On the front are 2 HSGI universial pistol mag pouches and an S.O. Tech 100 round saw pouch which I'm using for a FAK pouch right now, and the pouch on the left side is empty I was just using it to check spacing and pouch placment.
Link Posted: 3/15/2008 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By AK47CBR:

As to the rifle I've played with the idea of painting it and even went as far as to paint two of my mags that turned out really well HERE but I just can't seem to bring myself to do it.

what about the hand guards and stock ? that would help 'break' it up somewhat, that's what I did, as I'm not brave enough to do the gun either
Link Posted: 3/15/2008 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By BB868:

As to the rifle I've played with the idea of painting it and even went as far as to paint two of my mags that turned out really well HERE but I just can't seem to bring myself to do it.

what about the hand guards and stock ? that would help 'break' it up somewhat, that's what I did, as I'm not brave enough to do the gun either

Just do it! Take off the furniture, spray it with a 99 cent can of non-chlorinated brake parts cleaner to degrease it, then hit it with a couple coats of Krylon ultra-flat khaki. You'll be glad you did.
If you're feeling adventurous, turn your oven on low heat (~200 degrees) and put the plastic parts in there to "bake" the paint on a little more. I know the stuff isn't duracoat, but I think it helps.
Heck, while you're at it dust your leg holster with the spray paint also.

I sound like such a gear queer... I don't care if my stuff matches, but I want it to at least all fit a certain scheme (i.e. earth tones)
Link Posted: 3/15/2008 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#12]
i'd move that pouch that is hovering over your 6004 though. that way it doesn't interfere with your draw.
Link Posted: 3/15/2008 10:27:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By calicojack:
i'd move that pouch that is hovering over your 6004 though. that way it doesn't interfere with your draw.

It's actually not as bad as it looks in the pics. But I was thinking about that. It's just that it's a FAK and I want it easily accessible.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I would switch it with the ak mags you have on the strong side, and move the ak mags over to weak side 1st line.
You could move on of the pistol mag pouches on the 2nd line and put the ifak there.  I have found that I want no pouches over my hand gun, I want a smooth clean draw.
Remember that you can always put extra rifle and pistol mags in a ruck.
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I did have all the mag pouches, pistol and AK on my weak side but the load was unbalanced and kind of drooped on that side. I'll probly leave the AK mags where they are on the belt and just move the FAK to the other side of the mag pouch.

Thanks for all the input guys. Keep it comming maybe we'll get this thred tacked afterall.
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone else have examlpes of thier lines they can share.
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#17]
cbr
box out
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Roger that and thank you.
Link Posted: 4/26/2008 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Bump.
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 5:45:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Can anyone show me some first line gear with the standard pistol belt?  That's all I have due to my budget and I want to see what I can do with it.  I even use a modified M12 holster for my 1911 and a WWII era mag pouch, haha.
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 5:04:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK47CBR] [#21]
I had forgotten about this thread.

Well I think I finally got it all sorted out. Here are some pics of the final load out. I'll up date later with the particulars if anyone's interested. I didn't feel like putting it all on but I have. I've got it down to about 30 seconds to put the 1st and 2nd lines on. All in all rifle, pack with three days food and water, ect. it all weighs just under 60lbs.

1st Line

2nd Line

3rd Line

ETA: I've also lost about 20lbs since the older photos. It really makes carring the extra weight of gear MUCH eaiser when you're not carring around extra weight of "you".
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#22]
i really want to like that hsgi bleeder pouch, but it doesn't seem like it holds a whole hell of a lot.
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#23]
It's small but kind of decieving. I've got an ace bandage, roll of medical tape, four gause pads(4"x4" I think), two pair of latex gloves, and a 4oz bottle of iodine.
Link Posted: 6/21/2008 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By TimW:
You spend all that money on web gear and MultiCam BDUs and you still run a Ruger handgun?  

As for painting, it probably won't matter.  But you don't match, and that's important, isn't it?  :D

I'll match soon, very soon. Pic to come. TAGage!
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 12:10:23 PM EDT
[#25]
What's the point of the helmet?
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 12:33:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DemolitionDamon] [#26]

Originally Posted By joker581:

Tactical Mobility System (mountain bike)?

By the way  AK47CBR, I would suggest some Alta Superflex knee/elbow pads. ATS sells them in multicam.
Knee pads are very important IMHO.  Plus, I don't care what anyone says, I think knee/elbow pads look cool.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#27]
this needs to be tacked somewhere
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#28]

It's to mount a PVS-7 to as soon as I build up the fun money account again. Plus why not? I mean if you really planning for the SHTF. Be it a total collapse of the .gov or a zombie outbreak why not be as ready as possible.

I knew a guy when I worked at a Honda motorcycle shop who fell in the parking lot at no more than 5mph. He died from head trauma.

So you ask why? I ask why not.

Anyway. So does it match now?

Link Posted: 6/22/2008 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#29]

It's to mount a PVS-7 to as soon as I build up the fun money account again. Plus why not? I mean if you really planning for the SHTF. Be it a total collapse of the .gov or a zombie outbreak why not be as ready as possible.

I knew a guy when I worked at a Honda motorcycle shop who fell in the parking lot at no more than 5mph. He died from head trauma.

Anyway. So does it match now?

i114.photobucket.com/albums/n259/RRACER300ZX/PaintedMAK00000.jpg
i114.photobucket.com/albums/n259/RRACER300ZX/PaintedMAK00001.jpg
i114.photobucket.com/albums/n259/RRACER300ZX/PaintedMAK00003.jpg
i114.photobucket.com/albums/n259/RRACER300ZX/PaintedMAK00002.jpg

Looks good CBR. I like the colors you went with.

About the helmet, I would worry more about going on a knee on pavement or gravel.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#30]
You're right. The multicam pants I have have the built in pads but they shift alolt. A set of knee pads is next on my list. Don't think I'll go for the elbow pads though. Never did like wearing them.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#31]

You're right. The multicam pants I have have the built in pads but they shift alolt. A set of knee pads is next on my list. Don't think I'll go for the elbow pads though. Never did like wearing them.

Oh, nice. Where did you get them?
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Their the Tru-Spec TRU pant. I got them from HERE.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#33]

The NVG mount prospect makes sense. The rest doesn't to me. Sure, there is the remote possibility that you may hit your head hard enough to cause serious injury but that is just as easily offset by a modern ballistic helmet.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#34]

The NVG mount prospect makes sense. The rest doesn't to me. Sure, there is the remote possibility that you may hit your head hard enough to cause serious injury but that is just as easily offset by a modern ballistic helmet.

Yes, which weighs a lot more.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#35]
yer gonna have a bitch of a time fitting the hardwear - ask me how I know and what I now run.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By MOS2111:
yer gonna have a bitch of a time fitting the hardwear - ask me how I know and what I now run.

I got the idea from a Major in the Army who I also got the chinstrap from.

How do you know? What do you run now?
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#37]
The fucking mounts wont line up flush on the helmet and the chin strap requires some real serious mods to get it to work.  Granted your helmet may be different than mine, but I pretty much fucking destroyed 25 dollars and got nothing to show for it but being pissed.  I am going to just pick up a second kpot and use the standard mounting shit.

If you manage to get it to work,PLEASE im me the helmet specs and post a tutorial.  I tried this with no avail.
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 5:22:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK47CBR] [#38]
I already have the chin strap on it. Just saving for the NV now.

ETA: Chinstrap pics.

Link Posted: 7/24/2008 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#39]
there was another thread (concerning packs and chest rigs being worn together) that i can't seem to find. in it it told the make of that helmet. cbr, you need to do a tutorial or at least offer up an explination on that chin strap.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#40]
FUCK YEA on the tutorial.  I still have a bell sitting in the closet just for my 14.  You would be my hero.

New light chest rig.
Think 3 gun, light recon, ect.  In reality I use it for my 5.45x39 AR 15 because I only have 4 of the cproduct mags so far.... Its the mini mav from Tod at RanierGear with all TT pouches.
Nice and light.
I have taken to shooting without my first line.  Not such a great habit....

My favorite pic.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#41]
The chinstrap is the new 4=point one currantly used by the Army. Hence the foliage green color. All I did was drill out the rivits on the original strap. ditch the hardwear that came with the new strap. Picked up 4 allen bolts with matching lock nuts and washers to install the strap. the bolts came black but I had to paint the washers.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#42]
refresh my memory as to what kind of helmet it is...
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 1:26:01 AM EDT
[#43]
It's a Bell Faction. I got the Tony Hawk one as it was flat black with only one small graphic on it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2008 2:46:03 PM EDT
[#44]
I want to see pics when you get the rino mount added.  That is what has been killing me.  Th e bell is to curvy for the regular plate.
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#45]

1st Line
i114.photobucket.com/albums/n259/RRACER300ZX/FinalGearLayOut00001.jpg

What's the deal with your LMFII here? Is this a newer design, or something you made? Mine has snaps to hold the knife in place instead of velcro.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 8:54:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK47CBR] [#46]
It's not velcro. It has snaps but I do think it may be a different design since the ones I've seen only have one strap.

ETA: Like the Avatar. I bought two of those patches.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 2:20:28 AM EDT
[#47]

It's not velcro. It has snaps but I do think it may be a different design since the ones I've seen only have one strap.

ETA: Like the Avatar. I bought two of those patches.

Ah. They must have changed the design. Mine has the snaps on the outside, and has three straps on the scabbard holding it to the molle attachment. That molle attachment part is actually two pieces instead of one.

As for the patch, I just received two of them myself. I'm trying to keep myself from buying one of those patch books he sells (but at almost $40 apiece, it won't be hard!)
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 1:36:57 AM EDT
[#48]

I had forgotten about this thread.

Well I think I finally got it all sorted out. Here are some pics of the final load out. I'll up date later with the particulars if anyone's interested. I didn't feel like putting it all on but I have. I've got it down to about 30 seconds to put the 1st and 2nd lines on. All in all rifle, pack with three days food and water, ect. it all weighs just under 60lbs.

1st Line
i114.photobucket.com/albums/n259/RRACER300ZX/FinalGearLayOut00001.jpg

2nd Line
i114.photobucket.com/albums/n259/RRACER300ZX/FinalGearLayOut00000.jpg

3rd Line
i114.photobucket.com/albums/n259/RRACER300ZX/3rdLineSet-Up00001.jpg
i114.photobucket.com/albums/n259/RRACER300ZX/3rdLineSet-Up00000.jpg
i114.photobucket.com/albums/n259/RRACER300ZX/3rdLineSet-Up00002.jpg

ETA: I've also lost about 20lbs since the older photos. It really makes carring the extra weight of gear MUCH eaiser when you're not carring around extra weight of "you".

Who makes your Molle belt, suspenders, and BOK? Also, what contents are you able to fit in the BOK? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#49]
his bok is made by hsgi, it's the bleeder pouch (see my let's talk med pouches thread)
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#50]
The belt and suspenders are from Diamondback Tactical and yes, the BOK is the bleeder pouch from HSGI.

Right now it has some gauze, sponges/pads, medical tape, a 2oz bottle of iodine, and an ACE bandage.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top