Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2023 10:42:04 AM EDT
So I have this lookalike Umarex CO2 Beretta, and realized the steel BBs will go through drywall at some distance, even after a couple of layers of box cardboard

I do see (somewhat scarce) plastic pellets in .177 cal so I can shoot this at an indoor target in a cardboard box, and to teach kids to shoot. Does anyone have experience with these? Any brands or recommendations there? I don't feel like getting yet another airgun in the 6mm airsoft caliber if I can help it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:05:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ScoutH57] [#1]
Build a better back stop.

Like phone books and stacked newspapers. It won’t go through that.

I’ve seen .177 plastic BBs before but it’s been a long time, can’t really find anything on google either
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:50:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Triumphman] [#2]
Are you speaking of the Crosman "lead-free" 8.5gr aluminum head, plastic tailed pellets?

Yeah, I've got some that I've shot in my Hatsan MOD95 .177 break barrel. With my rifle doing around 900fps the pellets will go through the tin of a coffee can on one side at around 15-20yds easily.

A free pallet from a home improvement store works great, but you need something that will catch or redirect the angle of the BB's down to the ground and not allow them to ricochet back at ya and for that I don't know how you want the target setup to be where you want to shoot. You need a light steel target catch box that's made for this purpose.

Nevermind, I think I understand what you mean about the "plastic pellet" that's the size of a BB and NOT a real air gun pellet like I have.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:45:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a wooden box or something that you could put some duct seal or rubber mulch in for a bb/pellet trap?
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dcs12345:
Do you have a wooden box or something that you could put some duct seal or rubber mulch in for a bb/pellet trap?
View Quote

I have a shelving board inside a cardboard box I tape targets to. I made a little hole in the bottom to drain the pellets out of. Works great.

I'm a little bummed with the trigger of the pistol, I wish it were closer to the real thing (I suppose it is if it's pretending to be a Ruger P89 DAO). There is training merit in this though, so whatever.

When I shot the airsoft ARs at the Great American Outdoor Show this Feb I was impressed now realistic those triggers were.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is a cheap target: take a cardboard box, stuff it full of plastic shopping bags...I mean really stuff it. Duct tape it shut and tape your targets to it. When you shoot a big enough hole in one spot put a couple pieces of duct tape over the hole. Light, cheap, and easy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top