Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2019 6:05:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Melvin_Johnson]
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 6:40:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thediesel] [#1]
WHOLLY SHIT, best deal they've ever had hands down!  Wowsers!
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 9:35:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't even own an ACR (bucket list) but might buy the 10.5 barrel
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Think they are killing it off?
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 10:58:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mcb:
View Quote
You’re kidding, right? They’re finally hitting their stride with the ACR. It’s just a Black Friday sale like everyone else, just happens to be a good one. Get it while the gettin is good!
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 11:09:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
You're kidding, right? They're finally hitting their stride with the ACR. It's just a Black Friday sale like everyone else, just happens to be a good one. Get it while the gettin is good!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
You're kidding, right? They're finally hitting their stride with the ACR. It's just a Black Friday sale like everyone else, just happens to be a good one. Get it while the gettin is good!
Nope, I think they are killing it off, hope I am wrong but that is what I think...
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#9]

You’re kidding, right? They’re finally hitting their stride with the ACR. It’s just a Black Friday sale like everyone else, just happens to be a good one. Get it while the gettin is good!
View Quote
I agree with CJ, plus I have inside info which says it’s not going anywhere.

That is, Unless you’re from Huntsville and work for them with info I don’t have.

Bushmaster always has really good Black Friday sales.  This is the best one they have ever done though.  The prices are so low that you save money even as a dealer.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 12:08:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By bigdog200399:
I agree with CJ, plus I have inside info which says it's not going anywhere.

That is, Unless you're from Huntsville and work for them with info I don't have.

Bushmaster always has really good Black Friday sales.  This is the best one they have ever done though.  The prices are so low that you save money even as a dealer.
View All Quotes

I agree with CJ, plus I have inside info which says it's not going anywhere.

That is, Unless you're from Huntsville and work for them with info I don't have.

When it is to good to be true look for the reasons it is what it is.  I don't think it's Christmas spirit...
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like you can buy the lower without FFL?  Is that not what is serilaized?
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 10:29:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By jd2395:
Looks like you can buy the lower without FFL?  Is that not what is serilaized?
View Quote
Nope. The upper is the serialized part.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 10:43:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I don’t know much about them

Is that sale comprehensive enough to assemble a full working rifle?
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:Is that sale comprehensive enough to assemble a full working rifle?
View Quote
No, not even remotely close.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#16]
When it is to good to be true look for the reasons it is what it is.  I don't think it's Christmas spirit...
View Quote
Yeah. I don’t see that happening considering they just released 3 new models this month alone.

Bushmaster always tries to wheel and deal during the holidays.  It’s just how it is.  If they were going to kill it off they wouldn’t have released anything this year at all
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Both Bushmaster and DPMS doing 50% off.  Wonder what Remington Outdoor Company is up too?
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By mcb:Nope, I think they are killing it off, hope I am wrong but that is what I think...
View Quote
Considering everything in the Bushmaster webstore is 50% off, not just the ACR stuff, by your logic the entire company is going under.

It takes all kinds I guess. I mean, if some of us aren’t willing to wear tin foil hats, who are the rest of us going to make fun of?
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 10:00:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Considering everything in the Bushmaster webstore is 50% off, not just the ACR stuff, by your logic the entire company is going under.

It takes all kinds I guess. I mean, if some of us aren't willing to wear tin foil hats, who are the rest of us going to make fun of?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mcb:Nope, I think they are killing it off, hope I am wrong but that is what I think...

It takes all kinds I guess. I mean, if some of us aren't willing to wear tin foil hats, who are the rest of us going to make fun of?
You said it not me.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I wish they had rifles half off!
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#23]
They probably won’t.  They haven’t changed the molds much since the Masada. The magwells are oversized on the Acr.  That was one of the big things I changed on my lowers.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Of course I find out when the 10.5" barrels are already out of stock.  My Form 1 should be back any time
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 11:43:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Hell of a deal.  I was hoping for a 25% deal!

I almost got a 6.8 conversion but I didn’t want to invest in a whole new caliber and magazine. Be cheaper to buy a mess of heavy 77gr 5.56 and call it good.

I did get the new ambi carrier though, since that seems to be required for the other calibers and reduces the peening on the receiver. And one of those complete cleaning kits because my stuff is getting old.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Bryan_Aim:
man i wanted a 10.5 barrel, OS now
View Quote
Same here. Sucks.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 11:47:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:

Not wanting to drift the sale thread too much but how's the AK lower coming?  
View Quote
The aluminum 1.0 version has been made. I’m working on the mag release and trigger box now.  The 5.56 lowers are out now.

Also this bm sale is the best I’ve ever seen.  I’d highly recommend getting a 6.8 barrel since it’s 300 under dealer costs.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
They did the same sale last black friday
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#30]
This thread did not age well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 4:36:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Melvin_Johnson] [#31]
Oops!  Sorry, ARJunkie4.  I hit "edit" when I meant to hit "quote."  They are right next to each other.  That's what I get for trying to use my tiny phone for this stuff...  
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 3:46:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mcb] [#33]
You said it not me.  
View All Quotes

You said it not me.  
You or I or maybe we... deserve some credit.  I mean we called it pretty accurately a good two month before it happened.

The tinfoil hats are coming into fashion...
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#34]
You or I or maybe we... deserve some credit.  I mean we called it pretty accurately a good two month before it happened.

The tinfoil hats are coming into fashion...
View Quote
I thought you were pessimistic and prefer not to give pessimists credit because it’s the easy approach... what you were was “right” (I’m sad to say as now I’m worried we’ll all suffer) and I should have asked you for some lottery picks! Should I be asking... will everything be alright???
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I thought you were pessimistic and prefer not to give pessimists credit because it’s the easy approach...
View Quote
I'm with ya... It's always seems like a right twice a day sorta thing with pessimists and cynics have a direct (negative) link to the topic at hand. There's far healthier things than indulging haters and misery loves company.

I don't think what's happened was obvious considering there really isn't anything new here. If anything, 2019/2020 looked to be the year of the ACR actually hitting its stride with new SKUs (450BM, ACR pistols) and things like the SquareDrop handguards finally becoming available. In hindsight, it's easy to see the 50% off sale as liquidation but I'm curious if the ACR is even going the way of Bushmaster. Could just be the Remington ACR since the only branding on the ACR is Magpul anways.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 9:26:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigdog200399] [#36]
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:
@bigdog200399

Do you have any contacts at BM or Rem who can confirm or deny the rumors?

I note the only brands listed at the bottom of the Remington page are Remington, Marlin, AAC, Dakota Arms and Barnes.
View Quote
I have lots of contacts throughout Remington. If you guys ask me some things I can give you pretty good answers.   Keep in mind I have paperwork with Remington so if I can’t explain I will tell you.

The main thing is Remington is focusing only on core brands.   The brands mentioned are their heart of the company (Remington outdoors)

Their official explanation to me was that it’s hard to sell an ar15 on the open market when you are competing with certain companies that undercut everyone for literally half price of what they were selling for.

The issue is that they are tooling to fulfill orders that are backordered in the core brands like say the Marlin lever actions.

With all of that being said they are possibly still getting sued for Sandy Hook.

They further said that the Acr is not dead.   If someone were to want 500 of them they probably would take the order.  They will still support warranty on the Acr.   I am working with them about replacement parts too.

The Remdef Acr is probably not hitting the civilian market unfortunately.  To be 100% serious there isn’t even a real remdef spec that they stuck with outside of the 12-15 civilian employee rifles they were released.  The other thing to take into consideration is the remdef Acr was developed in 2011-2012 before mlok.   There are more up to date options coming out.  (Rpm rails and such)

The rifles were always configured as requested.  Pdw, cqb-r, carbine or whatever was developed for what contract they were submitting for.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't understand why they don't spec out a civilian version of the RemDef ACR. It's what the market wants, and has been since it was shown at SHOT many years ago.

If they're worried that civilian sales might open Remington Defense up for litigation, ala Sandy Hook, if one of these rifles are ever used in a crime, then "sell" or license the design to Bushmaster with slight changes.

It just seems they don't have a pulse on the market, and I've never heard a good reason why they are not commercially available.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:40:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By sdrake100:
I don't understand why they don't spec out a civilian version of the RemDef ACR. It's what the market wants, and has been since it was shown at SHOT many years ago.

If they're worried that civilian sales might open Remington Defense up for litigation, ala Sandy Hook, if one of these rifles are ever used in a crime, then "sell" or license the design to Bushmaster with slight changes.

It just seems they don't have a pulse on the market, and I've never heard a good reason why they are not commercially available.
View Quote
The above bold in spades.  The leadership is going to try to save Remington buy going FUDD.  The death of Bushmaster and DPMS are collateral damage due to that decision.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:11:18 AM EDT
[#39]
The above bold in spades.  The leadership is going to try to save Remington buy going FUDD.  The death of Bushmaster and DPMS are collateral damage due to that decision.
View Quote
@bigdog200399

What does Remington Perceive as their Brand/Market?

Their pistols are junk
Their bolt action Rifles are some variation of a sloppy action, with cheap stock
Their 308 AR's are marginal at best.
Shotguns,  have no clue other than the constant threads about them rusting.

It just seems that Remington is going after the low information, shoot less than one box of ammo a year, shoot less than 100 yards crowd. Almost like there are selling hunting accessories, not guns

The only Remington product that i am kind of mildly interest in is there dumpster defender as a absurd novelty.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:33:24 AM EDT
[#40]
At this point their targeted market is the lever action, shotgun, bolt gun market.   I’m not sure why they went that route but that’s what they are targeting.

It just sucks because the Acr was finally getting factory love and then this happened.  As a dealer it was amazing to be able to order any part I wanted and know it was going to be in the shop within a week or two.   They cleaned house pretty well.  Lots of my hidden part numbers were sold off so what’s available is more limited.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 5:00:15 AM EDT
[#41]
At this point their targeted market is the lever action, shotgun, bolt gun market.   I’m not sure why they went that route but that’s what they are targeting.

It just sucks because the Acr was finally getting factory love and then this happened.  As a dealer it was amazing to be able to order any part I wanted and know it was going to be in the shop within a week or two.   They cleaned house pretty well.  Lots of my hidden part numbers were sold off so what’s available is more limited.
View Quote
I mean its their company so i guess they can do what ever they like,  I just find their current strategy somewhat odd.  1/3 of their plan(bolt action rifles) at best are outclassed by competitors and at worst are junk. Shotguns and lever guns, I have no clue,  but I don't see any reason to assume that they would break from the trend of junk bolt guns and pistols to make quality shotguns.

I just find it odd that they are basing their future off of relic activity of the 19th and 20th century.  People are not hunting anymore, deer meat taste like shit, and the primary reason most people hunt these days are to make deer jerky and hand it out a work.  They are targeting a dwindling population.

I would just like to tell them, guys, you have around 10 to 20 million kids playing call of duty right now, you need to think about when they become adults.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:27:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mcb] [#42]
At this point their targeted market is the lever action, shotgun, bolt gun market.   I'm not sure why they went that route but that's what they are targeting.

It just sucks because the Acr was finally getting factory love and then this happened.  As a dealer it was amazing to be able to order any part I wanted and know it was going to be in the shop within a week or two.   They cleaned house pretty well.  Lots of my hidden part numbers were sold off so what's available is more limited.
View Quote
They have gone this route because Remington is now a one man show.  All these decision are coming down from the new CEO and as best I can tell he suffers very little pushback from his subordinates.  He thinks he can save the company by going FUDD, only time will tell if he is right but I have serious doubts.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#43]
I don’t see why they are going this way either but I hope the best for them.  I’ve had a lot of fiends up there over the years and a lot of them moved on from time to time.

At this point I’m only concerned with keeping the Acr alive.  Whether it be from Bm, Rem or even just me.  Fortunately I have a lot of the parts reverse engineered at this point so spare parts aren’t going to stop if I can help it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#44]
My planned ACR projects are on hold until this sorts itself out.
It doesn't sound like the ACR is going to get sold or get produced [in any large numbers].
So what about continuing the conversions and caliber changes?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:57:42 AM EDT
[#45]
I don’t see why they are going this way either but I hope the best for them.  I’ve had a lot of fiends up there over the years and a lot of them moved on from time to time.

At this point I’m only concerned with keeping the Acr alive.  Whether it be from Bm, Rem or even just me.  Fortunately I have a lot of the parts reverse engineered at this point so spare parts aren’t going to stop if I can help it.
View Quote
And we do appreciate that!
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 4:22:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tranzformer] [#46]
Nope, I think they are killing it off, hope I am wrong but that is what I think...
View Quote
Good call @mcb.

It takes all kinds I guess. I mean, if some of us aren’t willing to wear tin foil hats, who are the rest of us going to make fun of?
View Quote
Bad call. Looks like his logic was sound, eh?

I agree with CJ, plus I have inside info which says it’s not going anywhere.  
View Quote
Bad call/bad inside info. They lied to you.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

Good call @mcb.

Bad call. Looks like his logic was sound, eh?

Bad call/bad inside info. They lied to you.
View Quote
Considering MCB worked for Remington, I'd imagine his info is pretty sound.  Also they were not able to tell me the truth considering they would lose their jobs if they were outed so I don't blame them completely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top