Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2021 9:46:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MonteCristo345]
Looks like the Bushmaster ACR page is back.  There isn't much info right now, hopefully, Franklin Armory shares a timeline when we might be able to order one.

https://bushmaster.com/firearms/acr/
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 3:14:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gamma762] [#1]
Attachment Attached File

They posted this on social media this afternoon

I hope "perfected" doesn't include an M4 notch barrel profile
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Exciting stuff to be sure... I always liked the look and theory behind the ACR, it was the price that always put me off. I was thinking about getting a CZ Bren carbine but have been put off by complaints about its accuracy. If the ACR comes back to market at a decent price point and without any major issues, I might go that route instead...
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Could be cool.

Staying tuned in.

Hope "perfecting" it doesn't mean they put an Izzy Brake on the barrel and call it perfect.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 3:54:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 45FMJoe] [#4]
Will the barrel be rifled?
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 45FMJoe:
Will the barrel be rifled?
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#6]
This is good news, I was bummed out I missed buying one of these.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:20:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By GerryOwen:
Exciting stuff to be sure... I always liked the look and theory behind the ACR, it was the price that always put me off. I was thinking about getting a CZ Bren carbine but have been put off by complaints about its accuracy. If the ACR comes back to market at a decent price point and without any major issues, I might go that route instead...
View Quote

Get both!
Attachment Attached File

Hopefully Franklin brings it back and makes it better.  I really like mine.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:15:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:32:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:

More importantly will these (unrifled ) barrels be available? Old BM finally released barrels about the same time Remington imploded.

Bad timing has plagued the ACR more than its design deficiencies.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:52:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Hopefully the wait isn't too long, I need an FDE one to go with my black one. Current one now has a fixed barrel, so I'll probably keep the QD setup on the new one.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:58:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#11]
Adjustable stock, 16” pencil barrel, rifle length plastic hand guard, and actual FDE and I’ll be on it like flies on shit.

ETA: Actually they should make everything medium coyote tan like the M3 PMAG.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:
Adjustable stock, 16” pencil barrel, rifle length plastic hand guard, and actual FDE and I’ll be on it like flies on shit.

ETA: Actually they should make everything medium coyote tan like the M3 PMAG.
View Quote

What you describe is an FDE ACR from ~2018-2019.

IMHO the rifle was pretty well rounded by the time it was discontinued. Mine was from the 2nd to last production run from what I can tell.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't tease me like that
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

What you describe is an FDE ACR from ~2018-2019.

IMHO the rifle was pretty well rounded by the time it was discontinued. Mine was from the 2nd to last production run from what I can tell.
View Quote

Real close, but unfortunately they only released the midlength polymer hand guard and not the rifle length version.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:

Real close, but unfortunately they only released the midlength polymer hand guard and not the rifle length version.
View Quote

Like the Airsoft one?

There are a few dudes who installed their factory heat shields in them and put them on their rifles. IMHO it really balances out the look of the 18" guns.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Interesting, didn't flannel boy just do a video on the ACR?
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By matai:
Interesting, didn't flannel boy just do a video on the ACR?
View Quote

He did. It was better than MACs.

He said there would be a reliability test video coming. I'm excited to see it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

Like the Airsoft one?

There are a few dudes who installed their factory heat shields in them and put them on their rifles. IMHO it really balances out the look of the 18" guns.
View Quote

One of the very first prototypes Magpul was showing was a 16” with the rifle length hand guard. Being that most of the air soft guns were based on the Masada and not the ACR, I’m not surprised.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 11:13:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Gamma762:

I hope "perfected" doesn't include an M4 notch barrel profile
View Quote

Dude let me tell you

I was working at one of the big gun distributors when the ACR came out. Bushmaster sent some guys out for feedback so we sat down with him. He told us they had done a bunch of market research to lead them to choosing the M4 cut barrel. I asked him if he knew what the cut was for and pointed out how it was worthless especially since this isn't an AR. He didn't understand the problem.

Could have been so much more than it was. I wish Franklin Armory the best with it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#20]
god i hope we do see someone bring back the acr !!
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 1:59:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Wishing only the best for Franklin.  I really wanted the ACR when it came out.

It should be our new service rifle in 6mm.  It's amazing how short sighted Freedom Group was.  Guess they could not look beyond the next quarter.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 3:45:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bolster] [#22]
Originally Posted By 0351:
Wishing only the best for Franklin.  I really wanted the ACR when it came out.

It should be our new service rifle in 6mm.  It's amazing how short sighted Freedom Group was.  Guess they could not look beyond the next quarter.
View Quote

So true. Freedom group was a good-sounding name for a group that was all about a quick dollar in the end and wasn’t there to improve the domestic firearms industry.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#23]
I, like many others was so excited when Magpul came out with the design. I , like many others was so disappointed when Bushmaster executed the design and I never bought one. I hope FA gets it right, I need one in my stable…
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#24]
I really liked my black one with the fixed stock.  The M4 profile barrel was truly gay though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

Dude let me tell you

I was working at one of the big gun distributors when the ACR came out. Bushmaster sent some guys out for feedback so we sat down with him. He told us they had done a bunch of market research to lead them to choosing the M4 cut barrel. I asked him if he knew what the cut was for and pointed out how it was worthless especially since this isn't an AR. He didn't understand the problem.

Could have been so much more than it was. I wish Franklin Armory the best with it.
View Quote

The notch must have some magic marketing properties LOL

HK did the same with the early 416.. M4 profile on a gun not compatible with the 203..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top