Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 54
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:09:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cdholmes:
Panzer M4 came in today.  Added a Benelli field stock.  Now to find a 7rd tube since you savages bought all the Dave’s tubes.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/414212/2DE29B5F-2AAA-4224-86E5-7DA0E8AD0AA1_jpe-1812595.JPG
View Quote

That was fast! Did you disassemble it yet? How do the gas pistons look. I saw some pics of someones that one piston was finished all the way.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 1:12:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

That was fast! Did you disassemble it yet? How do the gas pistons look. I saw some pics of someones that one piston was finished all the way.
View Quote

Both of the pistons were stainless/chrome.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 1:27:54 AM EDT
[#3]
DeltaMike NZ added a Backorder option to the listing.   I had sent an email requesting preordering the stock and they responded with,

We usually avoid taking orders until we have stock on hand, but quite have people have asked so I’ve enabled backorders on the stocks.
Feel free to let your other forum members know. We’ll be able to make sure we bring in enough stocks for everyone who backorders.

Cheers,
Alex

Telescoping Stock
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:35:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By onealphay2k:
DeltaMike NZ added a Backorder option to the listing.   I had sent an email requesting preordering the stock and they responded with,

We usually avoid taking orders until we have stock on hand, but quite have people have asked so I’ve enabled backorders on the stocks.
Feel free to let your other forum members know. We’ll be able to make sure we bring in enough stocks for everyone who backorders.

Cheers,
Alex

Telescoping Stock
View Quote

Perhaps it was already mentioned but what's the shipping run for most people in the US?
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:54:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Tom_servo11:

Perhaps it was already mentioned but what's the shipping run for most people in the US?
View Quote

They have a flat rate of $35 NZD for international shipping which is about $25 US.

My total cost shipped was $106 US dollars.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know where the Delta Mike stock is made?  I guess it’s too much to hope that it’s US made and  would count as a 922r part.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:15:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ipsilateral_7] [#7]
Originally Posted By BorderDave:
Does anyone know where the Delta Mike stock is made?  I guess it’s too much to hope that it’s US made and  would count as a 922r part.
View Quote

I'm betting it's also Turkish

What I'd like to see is what sling mount options the collapsible stock has
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Does this Mesa Tactical kit from Botach work with the Panzer?  If so, is it a good deal?

https://botach.com/mesa-benelli-m4-tactical-upgrade-w-6rd-polymer-shell-carrier-aluminum-top-rail/
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:44:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: castroyy] [#9]
My panzer order got screwed up. Anyways I grabbed SDS SAX2 from Aim. Hopefully DAve's tube fits fine. Looks like all the other to me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BorderDave:
Does anyone know where the Delta Mike stock is made?  I guess it's too much to hope that it's US made and  would count as a 922r part.
View Quote
It's Turkish. Made by Sulun.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:42:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By katzma:
It's Turkish. Made by Sulun.
View Quote

Thanks.  I ended up ordering the Mesa Tactical kit from Botach.  I believe that stock is US made.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:46:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RandyBuck] [#12]
Someone hurry up and give me a reason not to fo on the SDS at AIM
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By FIELD_MP:
Someone hurry up and give me a reason not to fo on the SDS at AIM
View Quote

Do it, you deserve it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ahnglw:

Do it, you deserve it.
View Quote

Damn right, I do.  Anyone seen other models without the chrome bolt?  Any concern over one not being chrome?
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By castroyy:
My panzer order got screwed up. Anyways I grabbed SDS SAX2 from Aim. Hopefully DAve's tube fits fine. Looks like all the other to me.
View Quote

Classic? It should fit. Everything I’ve read, these are probably all made in the same factory. I mean, how many turkish arms makers are making m4 clones?
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#16]
No I screwed up my panzer order. I just ordered the one from Aim. Zero info about it. However, when I ordered a few of the Four Peaks there wasn’t one video or review then either. Now they are showing up. If I don’t like it I’ll hang it on the wall for sale.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:

The AIM gun looks the same as the panzer and toros
View Quote

I just handled the capolla T4 tonight and I can’t see any difference other than the price.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:36:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Findsman] [#19]
Got the OEM recoil tube off.

Major kudos to StrangerDanger’s guide over at the Benelli Forum to getting it loose.

Since the mag tube was so easy with the propane torch, figured this would be quick too. Nope.

Very obviously they used green thread locker as mentioned in the post, so I spent a good few minutes hearing that nut up. Eventually the whole tube twisted off before that nut came loose. Whatever, I’m not reusing it. After heating it sufficiently, it did twist off with arm pressure, I held the receiver in my other hand to get enough torque, didn’t use a vise.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Used a brass brush to clean up the receiver threads but the receiver is still hot enough to melt the plastic on the brush handle. Installation will follow after this bastard cools down.

Also, sling options on the collapsing stock. There’s a gap at the top for a simple sling and QD cups on both sides for QD swivel, of which it includes one. It’s an ideal setup.
Attachment Attached File

ETA - Tools used. Use gloves, this gets very very hot all over the tube and receiver!
Attachment Attached File

Also heated that nut up for another minute and broke it loose. Very liberal amounts of threadlocker. It smells bad when it lets go.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Neat thread. I used to have an unnatural infatuation to the old beretta 1201 shotguns, and this might just be enough to push me into one of these Turks. Is it just me, or is it just plain fun swapping benelli parts onto a gun where it doesn’t belong?
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:47:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone with a copolla t4 put on a urbino stock?

Any issues?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:32:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Norinco982lover] [#22]
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Got my stock in today.... very nice. Off to gunsmith tomorrow to install hammer ( will take some fitting as it’s not a drop in and stock if hammer goes well.

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Got my M4 in today. Benelli m4 stock fit good. Needed a little shim to tighten it up a little. Mepro night sights fit well. Sight screws do not have detents. 7rd tube fits perfect. Need to get the inner tube cap. Waiting on my collapsible stock (still butt hurt over it lol)  got ~100 rds down range so far. Low brass bulk pack. Initially would cycle at all. Just fire 25rds win bulk and had 4 stoppages. Smoothed all the contact points with 400 grit emery cloth, think that really helped. Action isn't gritty anymore.

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:44:09 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

I went back and forth between this and the Four Peaks/Toros.  Ultimately I went with the Toros since I couldn't find as much feedback on the SDS. I'll be interested in hearing your impressions.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:03:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: castroyy] [#26]
I talked to AIM first thing Monday. I sent over my FFL info and they said it would ship right out. That was Monday, and hasn't shipped yet. We'll see. Hopefully it's nice.

Question. I already have the 7 round mag tube waiting. Now I'm reading about a Nordic adapter that threads on, and you can buy their +3 to bring it to 10. I wonder how long that will be!!!! Anyone tried it?

EDIT** I checked and they have provided shipping now and the order now says complete. So I should have it hopefully tomorrow if they ship today. They aren't too far from me at all.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:10:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SNAFU-M1A] [#27]
I got an email, Classic Firearms now has the SDS Radikal for sale as well.  $600, same price as Aim.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I talked to AIM first thing Monday. I sent over my FFL info and they said it would ship right out. That was Monday, and hasn't shipped yet. We'll see. Hopefully it's nice.

Question. I already have the 7 round mag tube waiting. Now I'm reading about a Nordic adapter that threads on, and you can buy their +3 to bring it to 10. I wonder how long that will be!!!! Anyone tried it?

EDIT** I checked and they have provided shipping now and the order now says complete. So I should have it hopefully tomorrow if they ship today. They aren't too far from me at all.
View Quote

Good deal. Classic is super slow to ship. I’m a few days short of being a month and it hasn’t shipped yet.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 3:17:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Findsman] [#30]
My A&S trigger guard/housing arrived today.  Transplanting the bits and pieces over took about 20 minutes, everything fit very nicely.  Function check after is good, hammer doesn't drop when it shouldn't, does when it should. The machined aluminum of the A&S unit is very high quality compared to the almost throwaway quality of the OEM polymer one.  Highly recommend it.

One difference that I noted, which also happens for "real" Benelli M4s, charging the shotgun from hammer down with the safety on with the aluminum group is not possible.  Apparently this is taught in Benelli armorer school; the polymer groups flex just enough to allow the bolt to come back, while the aluminum ones don't flex and therefore block it.  Not a huge deal, I don't have any muscle memory to fight here.  The bolt's locking back for two reasons: one, you ran dry shooting; two, you've just uncased it at the range and are ready to load up.  Situation 1, well, you were already safety off, so what.  Situation 2, flip your safety off, lock the bolt back, flip the safety on, commence loading.

Receiver looks gold from the lighting in my office, pretty cool.  So the final setup:
- US mag tube from Dave's Metal Works
- US follower from NDZ Performance
- US handguards from Freedom Fighter Tactical
- US trigger housing from A&S Engineering
- US Kley-Zion enlarged bolt handle
- Sulun Tac-12 stock kit

I need to stop spending money on this thing now.

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#31]

I need to stop spending money on this thing now.
View Quote

I feel the same way. Now You've got me googling A&S... Sheesh... When does it end?

Although whom am I fooling. I do this with every gun I own... I am not obsessive with anything other then Firearms... Strange.....
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Panzer arrived yesterday.  Bolt is chrome and the mag tube was just hand tight.   The only flaw is the front sight base is off center and positioned around the 11:00 position.  Oh well, will get it out to the range this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Interesting that there are different bolt colors on the Panzers. Reports are that guns in the 0005xx range (and perhaps all other guns prior to that?) have chrome bolts and ones with higher serials have black bolts. Sounds like Classic may be shipping guns in a last in, first out order since the chrome bolts are just now showing up.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#34]
My SAX2 will be here tomorrow. I'll let you guys know what I think tomorrow night.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#35]
My chrome bolt Panzer has serial number 10XX.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:01:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: katzma] [#36]
Originally Posted By Hogan44256:
View Quote
Mine is SN 850 with black carrier
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Hogan44256:
View Quote

Well, there goes that theory...
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#38]
If anyone is looking for a nice travel case for a couple M4's there is a deal posted in the Amazon Team thread that probably wont last long. https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Amazon-clearance-deals-Team-member-edition/75-1697216/&page=882&anc=91033066#i91032616
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 2:49:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: katzma] [#39]
FYI on the Panzer Arms M4, if you replace the blocked 5rd tube with a aftermarket 7rd tube and you need the tube stopper ring,  there is one in the 5rd tube. Heat up and remove the aluminum blocker and pull it out.

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:11:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Norinco982lover] [#40]
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By onealphay2k:
If anyone is looking for a nice travel case for a couple M4's there is a deal posted in the Amazon Team thread that probably wont last long. https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Amazon-clearance-deals-Team-member-edition/75-1697216/&page=882&anc=91033066#i91032616
View Quote

I think I got the last one.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Crap, Aim already sold out on the SDS.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:
I'm installing the collapsible stock now, does it have the spring already inside the recoil tube? Do I need to re-use anything from the old assembly? Can't figure out how to get the collapsible stock off the tube. I thought someone said it could be removed like a traditional AR style stock but its not depressing down enough to pull off the tube.

Seems I don’t need anything from the old assembly.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/243189/BDBE3BB9-FFCE-477E-B997-BD7B845B5717-1818996.jpg
View Quote

Looks awesome!

But no, you didn't need anything from the old tube.  The mind-boggling thing about that stock kit is it's a 100% ready to go set with a complete recoil tube assembly, grip, and stock for under $150.  The equivalent Benelli parts total around $600-$700 if you got a "good" deal on the stock and grip.  I dunno how purist all Benelli guys are, but I could see a huuuuuuuuuge market for these for Sulun and a competent importer to sell to.

I did pull my stock off but it required using gloves to get enough purchase on the latch to pull it down far enough.  As it turns out, removing the stock from the tube is not required at all for installation as you discovered.  I just like making my life harder.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:32:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: castroyy] [#45]
MY SAX-2 came in from AIM today. Black bolt. Rear sight is setup wrong, as it's tilted. I will look into it tomorrow. I have the 7 round tube I will throw on tomorrow. Overall fit and finish are great. Great feeling shotgun. I'll post up pics after I replace the tube.

Edit** Actually had a few minutes and tore her apart. Man that tube is in there good. I'll have to heat it up tomorrow. I got excited when others were saying it was barely hand tight. Oh well.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:10:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: castroyy] [#46]
Alright. So I wouldn't have been able to sleep, so I put the 7 round tube on. I used a heat gun on the tube itself. That wasn't so bad. The plug was the pain. Man I finally hit it with a torch and she twisted right off. Pulled the cap out, changed out follower and spring. I think the worst part was fumbling with the hand guards forever. Then it hit me. I felt so dumb. I must have tried 20 times.

The rear sight looks wonky. Then I thought it might be the front sight. One is canted to the right. I believe it's the rear. I'll have to put it on the bench this weekend and get that situated. They both still line up, just one is canted to the right. Other then that I'm digging her. Just need the stock and I'll be good to go.

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:42:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Alright. So I wouldn't have been able to sleep, so I put the 7 round tube on. I used a heat gun on the tube itself. That wasn't so bad. The plug was the pain. Man I finally hit it with a torch and she twisted right off. Pulled the cap out, changed out follower and spring. I think the worst part was fumbling with the hand guards forever. Then it hit me. I felt so dumb. I must have tried 20 times.

The rear sight looks wonky. Then I thought it might be the front sight. One is canted to the right. I believe it's the rear. I'll have to put it on the bench this weekend and get that situated. They both still line up, just one is canted to the right. Other then that I'm digging her. Just need the stock and I'll be good to go.

https://i.imgur.com/dTaSb2G.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/B7TZBdH.jpg
View Quote

I have a Charles Daly and I found the front sight canted too. I found that the barrel can twist very slightly when inserting into the receiver. I found that I can correct the can’t when twisting the barrel when inserting into the receiver.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:22:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: castroyy] [#48]
Originally Posted By 556_Chowder:

I have a Charles Daly and I found the front sight canted too. I found that the barrel can twist very slightly when inserting into the receiver. I found that I can correct the can’t when twisting the barrel when inserting into the receiver.
View Quote

Yeah I had tried that. Much appreciated though!

I believe my rear scope is off tilt. I'ts flush on the chamber side, but not on the other side. So it's angled a bit. I'll see what I can do with it. It's not horrible, just bothers me.

And I didn't realize that the rear assembly is bolted in from the inside. THat makes sense.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:38:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bcamp15] [#49]
Ok. This thread is going to cost me money, how did I not know about these? I posted in the charles daly thread not realizing this is the better place to post.

I have always wanted an m4...sbs m4 of course. This may be the best and cheapest way for me to make that happen. I am always late to the party, so hopefully I can find something instock soon.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Bcamp15:
Ok. This thread is going to cost me money, how did I not know about these? I posted in the charles daly thread not realizing this is the better place to post.

I have always wanted an m4...sbs m4 of course. This may be the best and cheapest way for me to make that happen. I am always late to the party, so hopefully I can find something instock soon.
View Quote

I’ve had a real M4 for about 15 years but I’m still considering one of these clones as a beater.
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top