Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2019 10:26:54 PM EDT
Hi Folks,

After reading a lot here and being impressed by the ACR I had ordered an Bushmaster ACR Enhanced in Coyote Brown from GrabAGun.com last week. Went to pick up from my FFL this evening and saw that it was missing back up sights (both front and rear) and also it came in a huge plastic hard case.

Another thing that concerns me was inside there was a packet containing a manual, a 30 rd PMAG , and lock. The sticker on top read that it included a “AAC BLACKOUT ADAPTER” but it did not come with those.

ACR Enhanced owners who have bought this before is this normal or has grabagun missed some parts on mine? I sent an email to the support group. Hopefully they resolve it. Its not like a reputed gun shop like them to do this.

Attaching the pictures below for reference:
https://imgur.com/a/pk9RPys
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 10:35:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 10:36:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't have an ACR, but I looked up your rifle on grabagun and the only listing for an ACR Enhanced in your color doesn't show back up iron sights in the picture.

Also, I believe the missing adapter is actually the muzzle device that is installed.
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 10:39:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bob9181] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IslandTimes:
Don't have an ACR, but I looked up your rifle on grabagun and the only listing for an ACR Enhanced in your color doesn't show back up iron sights in the picture.

Also, I believe the missing adapter is actually the muzzle device that is installed.
View Quote
Agreed on the missing adapter. Seems like it is the flash hider. That one stands corrected.
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 10:39:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The AAC Blackout Adapter is the muzzle device that the ACR comes with.  Your photo shows that you do have it.  Regarding the sights, you’ll have to ask Bushmaster.  Many companies change configurations over time, and dropping things like iron sights as costs go up isn’t unusual.  That Manual probably hasn’t been revised in years and just because the manual references the sights may not mean that they still come with them.  They did in the early days, maybe not any more.  I’d bet that what you got was what Bushmaster sent.  I can’t see Grabagun stealing a set of Magpul polymer sights.
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 10:42:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Check out the listing on bushmaster's website for your rifle Bushmaster ACR Enhanced

It lists the rifles features, but does not list the sights, so I'm guessing no sights were included from the factory. Lucky for you, you should be able to grab a set off the EE for pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Not exactly uncommon for FFLs to remove (ie: steal) accessories from guns that come in.

I'd call grab a gun to see if that stuff was with it. If it was, I'd pitch a fit with the FFL.
View Quote
The FFL is a trusted one whom I have used for way more valuables guns so that is the last place I would suspect. I saw the picture on the GrabAGun.com website again after reading a post here and it does not seem to show the backup sights. Will wait for grabagun.com to reply tomorrow or call them and see.

Better to get clarification and peace of mind.

Will update the group and thread with whatever info or replies I receive. Again, as mentioned earlier, not doubting grabagun.com here. Could me a miss on the shipping department or simply it might not come with them (which again is strange to me in this class of guns as the CZ Brents, and FN SCARs do come with factory BUS, odd for Bushmaster to not include them, they also picture them in their manual and show how to adjust them, so seemingly they are included with the factory rifle). It is a trusted online seller and I have bought many items from them earlier. Just checking with the ACR afficionados who own and have bought these before.
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 10:45:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bob9181] [#7]
Originally Posted By willi3d:
The AAC Blackout Adapter is the muzzle device that the ACR comes with.  Your photo shows that you do have it.  Regarding the sights, you’ll have to ask Bushmaster.  Many companies change configurations over time, and dropping things like iron sights as costs go up isn’t unusual.  That Manual probably hasn’t been revised in years and just because the manual references the sights may not mean that they still come with them.  They did in the early days, maybe not any more.  I’d bet that what you got was what Bushmaster sent.  I can’t see Grabagun stealing a set of Magpul polymer sights.
View Quote
Agreed. Can’t imagine someone at GAG stealing a bunch of polymer magpuls. The manual and the pictures had me go bonkers! Guess I should change the title to remove the GAG name from it. Looks like I am blaming them on the face of it.

EDIT: Dang! Seems like we cannot change the title once it is posted.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 7:31:20 AM EDT
[#8]
That's the way they ship now. Large case, no sights and as has been clarified, the AAC mount.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#9]
^^ he is correct.

Bushmaster doesn’t include them at this time but might be including them in the future again.

The ones without sights are the better rifles since they have new upgrades
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys, seems like they ship the way they are.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Dont worry. In place of the mediocre Magpuls you get a better barrel, charging handle assembly, safety, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#12]
In the future who you usually need to check with is the manufacturer not the dealer you bought it from. They are really the only ones who can confirm what’s supposed to be there.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Problem is Bushmaster doesn't update their SKU numbers. So you'd have to actually provide a serial number to find out what you have. Without a different SKU, retailers are unlikely to update pictures.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I checked bushmasters website and looks like they're not shown in the photos.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 5:40:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By bigdog200399:
^^ he is correct.

Bushmaster doesn’t include them at this time but might be including them in the future again.

The ones without sights are the better rifles since they have new upgrades
View Quote
Yep, GAG definitely didn't steal it, as they never even had it in their possession...they drop ship from the factory or other distributors.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 4:08:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By purevl2:

Yep, GAG definitely didn't steal it, as they never even had it in their possession...they drop ship from the factory or other distributors.
View Quote
Did not know, that GAG drop ships from other distributors. I know Classic does drop shipments of most of their ammo. Every time I buy ammo, or small parts/accessories, it comes from other vendors.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 2:07:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Got mine last month from Gunbuyer. Thought same thing so called Bushmadter and they aren’t shipping with sites.
It does have the lighter profile barrel with a 1/7 twist
Ambi charging handle
Safety with metal tumbler
And the  AAC flash hider/ adapter

A good trade off for some plastic sights IMO
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TURRICAN:
Got mine last month from Gunbuyer. Thought same thing so called Bushmadter and they aren’t shipping with sites.
It does have the lighter profile barrel with a 1/7 twist
Ambi charging handle
Safety with metal tumbler
And the  AAC flash hider/ adapter

A good trade off for some plastic sights IMO
View Quote
I agree, You can buy metal Troy flip up combo sights for $110 at aim surplus.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Are there reputable retailers out there that have updated their site to listings including the 1/7" transitions?

Every website I have recently visited either didn't list any specifics of the rifle at all, or had the old barrel info for the UPC numbers.  Also doesn't help they all use stock photos of the weapon so you can't tell one way or another.....

I'd hate to order one and get a New Old Stock 1/9 version where the retailer doesn't even know there was a change..
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 11:21:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TURRICAN] [#20]
Right now Buds has the basic model for 1600.. grabagun and Gunbuyer are just a bit more. I got mine from Gunbuyer Which with free shipping was the best deal at the time and I had it in just 2 days after I made payment. I had the same concern as you but ALL the big online stores have the newer models with no BUIS, but they have the lighter barrel with 1/7 twist and the ambi charging handle. I could care less about the back up sights as I didn’t want the plastic Magpuls anyway. I don’t think there is anyone selling any old stock at this point. I don’t know why nobody takes the time to update this pics and the descriptions but if you buy from one of the big retailers you will get the new improved version. They are no help if you call as they just read the same old descriptions you see on line.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 7:24:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jough43] [#21]
I just received a DMR.  It has 1/7 barrel, but single charger.  I do have a 450 BM on order.  It should come with ambi chargers.  My DMR did NOT come with sights.  I do think MBUS is fitting for the rifle...Magpul and plastic.

At this time, I have no use for the DMR 5.56 barrel/bolt.  At least one will be more or less permanently converted to 6.8spc.

The DMR came with a picatinney 4 rail.  The 450 is supposed to be keymod/squaredrop.  I will change them to Mlok.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top