Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2022 12:22:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tranzformer]
I was looking through Bushmaster website and saw they have new ACR for sale in 450 Bushmaster. Does that mean anything or is this new old stock?

https://www.bushmaster.com/acr-450-bushmaster/
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:44:53 AM EDT
[#1]
no offense, but did you read the listing?

**ONLY ONE AVAILABLE**

This is from the previous Remington stock and does not have any new Bushmaster Firearms® components.

ACR® 450 Bushmaster® 16"
Adaptive Combat Rifle® is the perfect fit with endless versatility, Proven™ just for you. The ACR® is a gas-piston system, fiercely reliable and fast to adapt for any scenario. With the ambidextrous fire controls, it can easily accommodate any shooter.
Specs:
Twist Rate 1:24
450 Bushmaster™ caliber
Barrel 4150 Chrome-moly Vanadivan Steel with FNC- treated bore/chamber
Muzzle 11/16 x 24
AAC SquareDrop Modular Handguard
7 position collapsing & folding stock, adjustable for LOP and cheek rise

Features:
Equipped with Franklin Armory's® BFSIII® ACR®- C1 Trigger
Comes with a Bushmaster™ hard case, brand new mag & manual
Call for pricing
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 6:19:06 AM EDT
[#2]
The add to cart price is $6,000
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 10:46:49 AM EDT
[#3]
$6000.......

Right now you could go on GunBroker and pick up an ACR and a 450 Bushmaster conversion and be at only $3000/$3500 and now you have an ACR that shoots  450 Bushie and 5.56. You could even go nuts on Templar precision gear and optics and still not hit that $6000 price tag. Someone is smoking crack over at Bushmaster!
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, maybe it's their way of making a killing if someone is that desperate? However, it also says 'call for price' in the text, so maybe it's their way of deterring someone from buying it? I don't know, but it seems dumb regardless.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
The add to cart price is $6,000
View Quote

Lol, that's almost as much as I have into my ACR with all of the RPM/Templar goodies, DBAL and Elcan.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:32:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#6]
I spoke to the owner of Franklin Armory around February and he stated that in late 2022 he would be making an announcement about the rifle and availability as they are tooling up and redesigning the stock as Magpul wasn't playing ball with their patent on it.

The $6,000 price tag tells me that the ACR isn't going to be manufactured. The ACRs in .450 they have are the ones made by Bushmaster/Remington that he got with the purchase. If Franklin/new Bushmaster was going to come out with a new ACR, they would not hose their customers on these unless they want to get the most money out of them as there will be no more.

Just my observation and I have worked in the industry since the 1980s.

UPDATE: I see that there is only one available but adding a Franklin trigger does not turn this rifle into a $6,000 collectable. They must have sold the other .450s they had. And the new ACR webpage is no longer there.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
And the new ACR webpage is no longer there.
View Quote

Not good
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I spoke to the owner of Franklin Armory around February and he stated that in late 2022 he would be making an announcement about the rifle and availability as they are tooling up and redesigning the stock as Magpul wasn't playing ball with their patent on it.

The $6,000 price tag tells me that the ACR isn't going to be manufactured. The ACRs in .450 they have are the ones made by Bushmaster/Remington that he got with the purchase. If Franklin/new Bushmaster was going to come out with a new ACR, they would not hose their customers on these unless they want to get the most money out of them as there will be no more.

UPDATE: I see that there is only one available but adding a Franklin trigger does not turn this rifle into a $6,000 collectable. They must have sold the other .450s they had. And the new ACR webpage is no longer there.
View Quote

Franklin Armory redesigning the stock? LOL.

Magpul is run by good industrial designers. The ACR is design-forward. FA has a high bar to meet.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By _LandCruiser_:

Magpul is run by good industrial designers. The ACR is design-forward. FA has a high bar to meet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _LandCruiser_:

They have the patent on it and are not playing ball with Franklin so Franklin has no choice. And the stock is okay but not great in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 6:34:43 AM EDT
[#10]
They have the patent on it and are not playing ball with Franklin so Franklin has no choice.
View All Quotes
They have the patent on it and are not playing ball with Franklin so Franklin has no choice.

But Magpul has lots of patents on many aspects of the entire rifle, so I’m confused.

And the stock is okay but not great in my opinion.

It’s “okay” enough that it’s the most adapted folding stock ever... all APCs, Scorpions, Stribogs, roller delay HKs, all G36s, UMP, all Scars, both Brens, ARX, picatinny, etc. I agree with _LandCruiser_, making a better stock wont be easy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#11]

But Magpul has lots of patents on many aspects of the entire rifle, so I’m confused.

It’s “okay” enough that it’s the most adapted folding stock ever... all APCs, Scorpions, Stribogs, roller delay HKs, all G36s, UMP, all Scars, both Brens, ARX, picatinny, etc. I agree with _LandCruiser_, making a better stock wont be easy.
View All Quotes

And the stock is okay but not great in my opinion.

I see you are a MagPul fanboy.  Great. I own an ACR and my opinion is that there are things which can be improved. The adjustable check rest sucks for one. Second, the collapsible sliding design sticks constantly. Third, it should fold to the left, not to the right. Fourth, it should lock when folded.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I see you are a MagPul fanboy.  Great. I own an ACR and my opinion is that there are things which can be improved. The adjustable check rest sucks for one. Second, the collapsible sliding design sticks constantly. Third, it should fold to the left, not to the right. Fourth, it should lock when folded.
View Quote

Not sure where fanboy comes from in my post.

You neglected to elaborate on the patent aspect, although I realize you said it came from FA: Magpul has lots of patents on the ACR, so if FA must redesign the stock because Magpul isn't 'playing ball', does that mean they have to redesign the ACR to avoid ALL of Magpul's patents?

Hopefully FA takes your input on the stock redesign, but regardless of your opinion, the ACR stock is the most liked, most popular folding stock out there.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#13]

You neglected to elaborate on the patent aspect, although I realize you said it came from FA: Magpul has lots of patents on the ACR, so if FA must redesign the stock because Magpul isn't 'playing ball', does that mean they have to redesign the ACR to avoid ALL of Magpul's patents?

Hopefully FA takes your input on the stock redesign, but regardless of your opinion, the ACR stock is the most liked, most popular folding stock out there.
View All Quotes

The Fanboy remark was meant for another - I thought you were him.

I don't know what FA did with the new stock design, I didn't mention my thoughts on it. The ACR appears to be dead, but I don't know as I haven't spoken to FA in at least 8 months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top