Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Armory Sponsor
7/6/2022 11:54:50 AM EDT
I am looking to build an AR15 style 4.5" barrel 22LR. I plan on using a 9.3 inch Geissele rail and suppressor. When not using the suppressor I'd like to have a barrel extension to protect the inside of the rail from fouling. Anyone know of anything like this? Current plan is a Noveske Flaming Pig but I would like something longer.
7/6/2022 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#1]
either a faux suppressor or one of the extended muzzle devices used to make it look like an XM-177.
7/6/2022 3:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a linear style flash hider that doesn’t have any side facing openings.

This one I think but there are others:

Attached File



https://kawvalleyprecision.com/product-category/linear-comps/
7/6/2022 11:13:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the ideas. Just found this as another option if others are looking. Much more expensive at 140-150$

https://www.wittmachine.net/sme-sound-mitigation-equipment-slimline.html?id=41686715&quantity=1



7/7/2022 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#4]
piece of something like 3/8 ID aluminum tube, thread end for 1/2x28...several light weight barrel manufacturers offer a sleeved tube over a short steel barrel, though typically they are pressed on and not threaded
7/8/2022 12:57:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Quoted:
either a faux suppressor or one of the extended muzzle devices used to make it look like an XM-177.
View Quote
Yep. Like this .
7/8/2022 12:38:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I went with one of the $40 1/2x28 barrel extensions off ebay for a similar situation. Just an aluminum mock suppressor lookalike.
8/12/2022 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#7]
RTB has 9" barrels on sale off $139.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Armory Sponsor