Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2013 6:27:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GR00VYJERRY]
Edit for better post

Here is my bow.

It is a Hungarian Horse Bow 40# 28 inch draw. I am new to this so pardon the dumb questions. The strike plate on this should bo orientated in which direction. Should the tapered skinny end be pointing up or down when shooting? The directions say to unstring bow when not using it. What if I plan on shooting it over the weekend? Do I need to unstring it ever night and put it back on the next day?
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 11:37:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump for night crew, and that's a cool looking bow.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that is a nice looking bow.  Is it from Seven Meadows?

I'm not sure about the orientation of the strike plate, but my inclination would be to have the skinny end pointed down.  

As for the stringing/unstringing question, for my bow (not a horsebow, it's a 55# recurve) if I'm going to shoot again in a couple of days I'll leave it strung, unless I'm transporting it somewhere in which case I'll unstring it for travel.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:26:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice bow. I've had a Wuyi horsebow with 35Lbs draw weight.
If your bow's limbs is made of wood, you should unstrung it when you do not use it.
If your bow's limb is made of fiberlgass, never mind about this.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm still assuming that this is from Seven Meadows, or some other seller of Istvan Toth's bows.  

I met up with the owners of Seven Meadows at the Northwest Sportsmen's Show.  They were really outgoing and easy to deal with there, so much so that I walked away with a 60# Mongolian bow.  

Up above I steered you wrong.  Point goes up on that striker plate thingy.  My bad.

Now I think it's time I learned how to make my own wood arrows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top