Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2012 9:28:58 PM EDT
I am going to go with a recurve bow.  But I'm not sure on the rest.  Any opinions on what works best?  Biggest bang for the buck?  I'm not going to go and do it every day just as a casual sport.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 5/19/2012 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the muzzy fish hook rest and i love it, hard to beat for 20 bucks
Link Posted: 5/20/2012 2:20:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Henny] [#2]
I agree with the Fish hook rest.  

I'm a firm believer in them and the AMS Retriever reels.

EDIT: I just noticed you said you're shooting a recurve.  Just shoot off the shelf.  That will work good enough.

Link Posted: 5/20/2012 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#3]
What kind of recurve are you guys shooting?  I've seen Martin, best price but not sure about quality, PSE and a couple others.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2012 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I just use an old compound bow and it works great and was alot cheaper than the recurve bows.
Link Posted: 5/20/2012 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I've pretty much been using Oneidas since the beginning!

Link Posted: 5/20/2012 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Henny:
I've pretty much been using Oneidas since the beginning!  

Lol.... those bows cost more than my bowfishing boat

Link Posted: 5/20/2012 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I use old ones though.  I love them!

Link Posted: 5/26/2012 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#8]
We shoot off the shelf. No time for all the crap on your bow when you get into the fish, nice and simple. We put some of that adhesive "moleskin" or whatever it is called on the bow, nice and smooth from Gander Mountain. Have Fun!
Link Posted: 3/4/2013 10:48:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Friend of mine picked one up at a garage sale for ten bucks. Ordered a bunch of new parts for it from Oneida, brought it to church and gave it to me....I love that man
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 12:44:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Shoot off the shelf on a recurve. If you must use a rest the Muzzy Fish Hook is great as mentioned.
I started out with a Recurve and AMS reel. Once you shoot with a spincast reel, you wont go back to an AMS. No more Hand-Lining in the fish, you get your arrow back much quicker so shot-to-shot time is way less. No more "Mystery Knots" either haha.
I buy all my stuff from Backwater Bowfishing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top