Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2019 7:45:51 PM EDT
I've had a love hate relationship with archery my entire life. I remember making little bows and shooting pointed sticks at things from about 6 years old, on until I acquired a 15lb fiberglass bow around 10. I currently have a Bear recurve, a 50# Black Bear Hunter I've had since I was about 15 years old. I've shot, broken, and lost dozens and dozens of arrows. From wood arrows from AllwoodArrows dot com, to several dozen Carbon arrows from Easton and the like. I had the "Traditional Bowhunter's Bible" as a young kid, as well as "Hunting With A Bow And Arrow" and several other staple books on archery. I'm 31 now, Service Connected Disabled Veteran, and I had to train to be able to draw my 50# again. I would say 50# is my max, I should probably shoot 40-45 but it is my goal to use the Bear 50lb I've had for so long. I need instruction, badly. I watch videos online all the time: Clay Hayes, Gill's Primitive archery, Primitive pathways, Thad Beckum, and the like on YouTube. I need instruction, a class, a school, something. It seems though, that most everything is geared toward compound bows. I would be so grateful, if there was someone here in VA that I could meet up with for tips and instruction on form. I'm not consistent, I don't know if I should try full instinctive or gap, or a combination. My anchor is always changing based on info I have read or watched online. I've never had the opportunity to shoot with someone that actually hunts, shoots, and really knows what's up with traditional shooting. Any help would be so appreciated. That feeling I get, when I loose an arrow and it strikes its mark, is something that I crave. But right now, its more of a matter of chance and volume of arrows than repeatable accuracy. I get frustrated. I have potential, but I need some knowledge and know-how from a real archer.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#1]
PM me with contact info.  I am in Powhatan and have a guy that can either help or connect you
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Sure   IM me I’d be glad to help/ offer.
Does Bear creek still have a archery range?   Where do you usually shoot?

Sounds like you might be over bowed with your injury an all.

Thanks for serving

Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top