Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2018 10:15:23 AM EDT
My daughter recently attended a camp where they had an archery activity. She apparently did very well at camp and is interested in getting her own compound bow. She’s 5’9” and headed towards an Amazonian stature.. so maybe it’s natural ability?

Would appreciate any recommendations for a good entry level compound bow.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:54:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wingsnthings] [#1]
Number 1. Determine eye dominance.
My daughter has been in the 4H Shooting program locally for 5 years. She shot the club Genesis and a 3 piece recurve bows for the first year. She decided to go the recurve route and continued to shoot her left hand 28 lb bow with carbon fiber arrows. Many of the boys have top of the line compound hunting bows with drop away rests, elaborate sights and expensive releases. $600 for a youth shooting bow is just out of my price range.

Eta: she's 14 now.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 11:21:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: johnh57] [#2]
If she's interested I have a full setup from the 80s.  PSE target bow (split limb, I have the older drop limbs for it also), 6x sight, aluminum arrows (they were top of the line arrows then, X7 arrows IIRC) and a Barner target release.  It is all sitting in a case in the garage doing no one any good.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:37:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Mission Craze is what we bought my daughter. Highly adjustable. Quite. She liked it at first but lost interest.  She gave it to my oldest boy and he's not able to draw it back yet but he's excited to start shooting it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top