Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2021 12:31:53 PM EDT
Look at colorado bowhunters association website

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#1]
New York made it a rule this year... a blaze hat is enough... probably not a bad thing but its another rule one can get cuaght breaking and fined.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Blaze orange is not and has never been about "hunter safety", it is to allow Game Wardens to easily spot hunters in the field.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:04:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jagdkommando:
Blaze orange is not and has never been about "hunter safety", it is to allow Game Wardens to easily spot hunters in the field.
View Quote

Hunter safety would be the right to shoot back at someone who takes a shot at you because you ''sounded like a deer.''
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:10:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I was in my bow camp early September.   It was next to a popular hiking trail a couple miles from the road.  Mid day hunt break.

I heard voices, went out next to the trail to see who was there.
Two bear hunters in orange, packing rifles.  I was going to say hi, but one raised his rifle at me, so they got a loud “Don’t point that fucking gun at me”.   I had a black stocking cap on, and this idiot saw black and thought bear.   He never got his gun all the way up, but close.  We had a discussion of target ID.   Close call for sure.

I don’t agree with the possibility of a rule change, but I’ve always kept some orange in my pocket (bandanna) to wear walking in the open, just didn’t think about it in camp.   I’ve always worried about the bear hunters.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By jagdkommando:
View Quote

Yes, but it also helps Cletus not make "sound" shots.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DVCER:
I was in my bow camp early September.   It was next to a popular hiking trail a couple miles from the road.  Mid day hunt break.

I heard voices, went out next to the trail to see who was there.
Two bear hunters in orange, packing rifles.  I was going to say hi, but one raised his rifle at me, so they got a loud “Don’t point that fucking gun at me”.   I had a black stocking cap on, and this idiot saw black and thought bear.   He never got his gun all the way up, but close.  We had a discussion of target ID.   Close call for sure.

I don’t agree with the possibility of a rule change, but I’ve always kept some orange in my pocket (bandanna) to wear walking in the open, just didn’t think about it in camp.   I’ve always worried about the bear hunters.
View Quote

prolly a good idea to skip black in bear season
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:49:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCER] [#7]
Originally Posted By StromBusa:

prolly a good idea to skip black in bear season
View Quote

Also a good idea for the non resident hunters to ID a target.  Our 3 fatalities were all non resident vs bow hunters.

They need to lock these fuckers up as long as possible for negligent homicide.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I think they need to divide the seasons up

But then that would cut into the $ made during rifle seasons

My own .02
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#9]
In Idaho, in  during 'A' (Archery) season, only bows are allowed to be used.  How many people can't determine the difference between an elk, deer or a person at 50 yards, and that's stretching it for the average bow shot.

If the blaze orange is predicated on safety, it's pretty misguided.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top