Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2021 11:19:07 PM EDT
Are arrow wraps really as durable as advertised?  My sister and I shoot recurve and she was wanting her arrows to be more colorful for a few different reasons so I was thinking wraps might be an option.  There's some really cool looking designs available but if they aren't durable it's a no go. Does anyone have any real world experience with them?
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 2:06:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I shoot compound...but for my hunting arrows I use 6"white wraps under the vanes for an easier time seeing blood as well as finding the arrow in the woods if necessary.  

I don't see any durability issue but being a compound with a drop away, I'm not sure my experience will help you for trad bows.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 3:37:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I use the reflective wraps on hunting arrows they are priceless.  After dark shine a flashlight in the field and the arrows glow. Pretty tough.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 3:28:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brandi] [#3]
I hadn't even thought of reflective wraps, that's a great idea.  I recently lost a couple arrows and that may have helped finding them.

I may put them on my arrows too.  Can you put the wraps on below the fetching? I just got my new arrows last week and I don't want to have to pay for refletching.

Can y'all recommend a brand or brands?
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The only issue I can see with arrow wraps in front of the fletching is it "could" catch the launcher on a drop away rest "maybe" disrupting the arrow flight a bit. Other than that, from an arrow balance standpoint it is better to have the weight forward.

As far as where to get them, any archery shop should have them and if you google "arrow wraps" you will find more options than you know what to do with.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#5]
AFAIK, these are just regular old high performance sign vinyl. go to your local sign shop and see if they can give/sell you some scrap pieces of your desired color.

i'm gonna throw some black reflective on my arrows to make them easier to find in the field.........
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sc0tt:
AFAIK, these are just regular old high performance sign vinyl. go to your local sign shop and see if they can give/sell you some scrap pieces of your desired color.

i'm gonna throw some black reflective on my arrows to make them easier to find in the field.........
View Quote

this....I had the local shop make them out of bright orange ...works great
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top