Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2017 11:00:11 PM EDT
Midway has 3 packs for 11.25 shipped.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/918203/rage-x-treme-2-blade-mechanical-broadhead

Also, are these usually single use on deer?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 11:43:05 PM EDT
[#1]
No longer on sale,  reg. price is about right.   A lot of people like the Rages, some don't.   They usualy open properly and perform well,  but every shot and animal is different.

Muliple use?  Maybe.  Honestly, I wouldn't; they are expendable IMO.  You can buy replacement blades, or resharpen if you're good. The collars supposedly are reusable 2 or 3 times, but they are cheap insurance to biy new ones.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot Rage heads for years and had some very good and very bad experiences with them.  I switched to Slick Trick heads last year and killed 3.  No regrets so far.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 2:35:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#3]
I’ve personally never had a problem with them, my brother did on one deer, he has been using Gators ever since. They are basically the same thing without the o-rings that hold it together. I’ve also used the Gators with no issues.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 11:38:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not a fan. After trying Rage broad heads, I only use fixed broad heads.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 10:09:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USSRangerSM] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cheetah577:
I'm not a fan. After trying Rage broad heads, I only use fixed broad heads.
View Quote
I'm also not much of a fan, I've seen tons of videos of people who did well and I hear a lot of good things. But when I've used them I lost a couple  because of the mechanical side of things. All I use is fixed broadheads now like I did in the past and have a good success rate
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Muzzy fixed 4 blade
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes and no.  That’s a pretty cheap price.

Rage has been great for me when I hit the deer just right.

Hit one in the shoulder and it stopped the arrow cold-shooting a pretty fast bow and Gold Tip 75/95 arrow

I prefer Slick tricks or Red Feather fixed blades single bevel.

Rage does leave a large hole-needs a certain amount of Kenetic energy to function properly
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top