Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2021 8:16:28 PM EDT
Anyone have any suggestions on a good rig to bow hunt for alligators? We should have a tag every year for the next 3 years and am looking for something to pin a buoy to a larger alligator at the farthest distance possible. Prefer not to use my whitetail setup but am open to buying an older compound & adding components. Already have a harpoon and bang stick & have done the weighted treble hook deal, kinda wanting a little better option. Open to the possibility of a crossbow as well. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I would think any of the bow fishing bows could be adapted easily.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 12:02:40 PM EDT
[#2]
The Onieda Osprey is a great choice and is often the preferred option of folks hunting big fish (or in this case, gators).  The G-Rex is another similar bow.  Both are on the high end of $$$ so it depends on your budget and how often you'll be bowfishing I guess.  

Muzzy offers a more affordable bow fishing bow but the reviews are pretty mixed on quality which is a shame for a company like Muzzy.

If this is a one time use thing I'd probably just find a used bow with enough poundage to get the job done and set it up.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top