Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
AR Sponsor
Yesterday 1:00:37 PM EDT
Long story short. I bought a Lantac dual charging upper receiver for a 300 blackout build. Lantac’s side charging bcg was outta stock. I substituted the bcg with an Alexandria profab side ch bcg.
This is a 8.5 build with a Superlative adjustable gas block, binary trigger etc.
I’ve only taken this build out a few times, with kind of lack luster results. Short stroking, not picking up the next round, not locking back, etc. Yesterday, I upgraded to an Atrius frs, and from an H2 to an H3 buffer.
Results were a single shot, and not picking up the next round(short stroking)
I was convinced that somehow my adjustable gas block was the culprit. But I decided to inspect the bcg, and change the bolt before I bought something I do not need. Anyway this bolt seemed to me to be far too easy to manipulate. I mean you can set it on its nose, and it doesn’t depress, but it just seemed off.
So, I installed a spare BCM bolt, and baam!
It was like a completely different machine, that actually runs, locks back etc.

Has anyone ever run into something like this?
Should I contact Alexandria profab about this? Or should I just swap out the gas rings, and test to see if this bolt is outta spec?
I have no idea how this company is with QC, or CS.
What would you do?
Yesterday 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I would swap the gas rings.
Yesterday 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
I would swap the gas rings.
View Quote

Looking at this bcg more closely, There is carbon building up at the rear base of the gas key. I don’t think thats a good sign. None of my other bcg have this buildup. I’m guessing they didn't use any form a gasket on the key install. It looks like it’s staked correctly, and it doesn’t seem loose, but there is buildup.

I have a Brownell's gas key staking tool, so I guess I’ll order a gas key.
Yesterday 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Makes sense. I would put in new screws, used the specified permatex, torque, then stake to try and fix the leak.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

AR Sponsor