BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:58:19 AM EDT
[#1]
It's been in stock and on sale for what seems like months. They seem to run out of the 75g from time to time.

I've been picking up a few boxes here and there, while wondering why its so cheap and seems to be an endless supply of the 55 and 64g.

I'd think at 9.99 a box, they'd all be long gone by now.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 2:44:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: A96HondaAccordEX] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Molon:

The IMI 77 grain Razor Core is loaded with the standard Sierra 77 grain MatchKing.  .  If you want a fragmenting projectile, the Hornady 75 grain T2, the Nosler 77 grain CC and the Sierra 77 grain Tipped MatchKing all offer superior terminal ballistics compared to the standard 77 grain MatchKing.

There are a plethora of acceptable blind-to-barriers projectiles now available for the 5.56mm/223 Remington.  A short list of those projectiles includes the Speer 62 grain TBBC, the Nosler 64 grain BSB, the Black Hills proprietary 50 grain TSX, the Speer 62 grain and 64 grain Gold Dots and the Hornady 55 grain GMX.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Standpipe:

How does the 64gr Gold Dot compare to the imi 77gr razor core? i.e. which on is better?

The IMI 77 grain Razor Core is loaded with the standard Sierra 77 grain MatchKing.  .  If you want a fragmenting projectile, the Hornady 75 grain T2, the Nosler 77 grain CC and the Sierra 77 grain Tipped MatchKing all offer superior terminal ballistics compared to the standard 77 grain MatchKing.

There are a plethora of acceptable blind-to-barriers projectiles now available for the 5.56mm/223 Remington.  A short list of those projectiles includes the Speer 62 grain TBBC, the Nosler 64 grain BSB, the Black Hills proprietary 50 grain TSX, the Speer 62 grain and 64 grain Gold Dots and the Hornady 55 grain GMX.

What? I thought it was suppose a quality bullet? Hmmm that's disappointing. I'm gonna assume its the same bullet with CBCs offering.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I
Originally Posted By A96HondaAccordEX:

What? I thought it was suppose a quality bullet? Hmmm that's disappointing. I'm gonna assume its the same bullet with CBCs offering.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By A96HondaAccordEX:
Originally Posted By Standpipe:

How does the 64gr Gold Dot compare to the imi 77gr razor core? i.e. which on is better?

Who said it wasn't? It all depends on what you're wanting to do.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#4]
The shipping sale finally came back on the 64 gr so I pulled the trigger...finally!

PSA has the 64 gr. on a daily sale today.  Free shipping on 10+ boxes!

Molon, can you confirm that Speer does NOT make the Gold Dot in 5.56 anymore?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:

Molon, can you confirm that Speer does NOT make the Gold Dot in 5.56 anymore?

View Quote

I haven't seen any since I first evaluated it years ago.

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#7]
How would these compare to the older Hornday 8126N load that I stocked up a few years ago?

Any issues with feed ramp leading with these loads?

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 12:48:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By billclo:

How would these compare to the older Hornday 8126N load that I stocked up a few years ago?

Fragmenting OTM bullet versus blind to barriers bullet.

Any issues with feed ramp leading with these loads?

The Gold Dots have some of the least amount of exposed lead at the meplat.  I haven't had any malfunctions with the Gold Dot ammunition, but I also haven't fired more than ~120 rounds of it in between cleanings.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By GTRider245:

I am on the fence about ordering another 300 rounds for this very reason. Too good to pass up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTRider245:
Originally Posted By SafetyFirst:
For anyone interested PSA still has the 64gr Gold Dots for $9.99 box. They must have stocked up. I got mine so I thought I would let others know it's not too late.

I will buy again in the future if they run the same sale.

I am on the fence about ordering another 300 rounds for this very reason. Too good to pass up.

Seems to be a regular price, now. And the 75gr has gone down to 12.99 per box. Salad days....
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 9:26:18 AM EDT
[#10]
broken picture links repaired
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Very Nice!  Thanks Molon
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Dieselman:

Very Nice!  Thanks Molon
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dieselman:

Very Nice!  Thanks Molon

De nada.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 7:59:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#13]
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#14]
@molon

Can you please reload the Gold-Dot vs Fusion vs Fusion MSR pictures, they are failing to load and would be very helpful for me.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 5:54:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Molon] [#15]
Originally Posted By ArmaSource:

@molon Can you please reload the Gold-Dot vs Fusion vs Fusion MSR pictures, they are failing to load and would be very helpful for me.  Thank you!
View Quote

Give me a day or two to look into it.

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:36:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ArmaSource:

@molon Can you please reload the Gold-Dot vs Fusion vs Fusion MSR pictures, they are failing to load and would be very helpful for me.  Thank you!
View Quote

Try it now.

Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

I have never felt more hurt than reviewing the prices posted in 2016ish in this thread :(
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top