Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By irishklover:
Dammmmmmmmm
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By irishklover:
Dammmmmmmmm
FYI - Govt. Liquidation often puts those yellow ribbons in EMPTY ammo cans up for auction.  Doubt that the ones with yellow ribbons under the lids have anything in them.  I know.  I've got two pallets of ammo cans from Govt Liquidation.  Only a few I've filled with ammo and mags so far.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By WarLord31:

FYI - Govt. Liquidation often puts those yellow ribbons in EMPTY ammo cans up for auction.  Doubt that the ones with yellow ribbons under the lids have anything in them.  I know.  I've got two pallets of ammo cans from Govt Liquidation.  Only a few I've filled with ammo and mags so far.
View Quote
The garage door is open in the pic. Would you open your garage door for the neighborhood to see if you had what I'm guessing would be more than a $100k in ammo that it would take to fill all those cans? No way they're full, and no way if they were full that the garage door opens ever for any reason.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:40:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Badger545] [#4]
Just picked up an extra K of XM193 so thought I'd post a stash pick to get this  thread going again
Attachment Attached File

Disclaimers:
- yes I need more ammo
-yes I need to organize my cans
- I know brass doesn't count
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 8:37:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: flynlr] [#5]
this thread still exists.  who knew
added these 2  this week.  anyone know if it is worth a damn. ??
weird how everytime one of these deals pops up I jump and always for 2 cans
radway green 5.56 got 2
ADI OZ 5.56 got 2
Malaysian 50bmg ok got 4 of those
and on and on   i like ammo that comes in cans for some reason
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 8:09:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Badger545] [#6]
Found these on another site (not my stash...i wish it was) and felt it just belonged in this thread

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Whoa

I like to shoot the older stuff in my stash so I nothing gets too old, so I would not want to get to the bottom cans in that stash.
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#8]
@sidesalad

I do believe that you've been beat
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 12:27:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's my contribution...
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 7:00:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By GSL:
@sidesalad

View Quote
Maybe
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 12:27:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SideSalad:
Maybe
View All Quotes
@sidesalad

Maybe
Maybe I stumbled across pics of his stockpile
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 7:18:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Badger545:
View All Quotes
@sidesalad

Maybe
More, less, it's all good with me.  Makes me feel good to know others are in the game!
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
Needs more containers of rice then
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#14]
dpmmn thread
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#15]
That's some serious crate action!
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 11:38:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
I have a .38 and a .22. One round of each, that is.

It's all you need.
View Quote
I’ve been here just long enough to know either that isn’t true or you’ve done a lot of shooting lately.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I had to move all my stuff out the living room-my wife is such a jerk.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 12:41:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 13starsinax:
View All Quotes
I've got about 10k rounds between 22 and 556 sitting on the kitchen counter. 6 bugs me about taking them downstairs. I tell her if she can move them, then they can go downstairs.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone else have nightmares about opening a case that's been in your stash for years only to find out its riddled with duds/bad rounds?
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 8:53:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GSL] [#22]
Originally Posted By 762AR25:
Does anyone else have nightmares about opening a case that's been in your stash for years only to find out its riddled with duds/bad rounds?
View Quote
The only nightmare that never ends gun-related is the time that I apparently drunk ordered what I thought was 1,000 230 grain plated 45 ACP projectiles, and a week and a very angry UPS driver larer, 10,000 and not 1,000 showed up.

I'm constantly being reminded about it by Household Six
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:37:05 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
With some of the "buy cheap, stack deep" 22LR I kinda do but in the volume that I've got a few hundred duds isn't going to ruin my day.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 1:36:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#24]
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 2:51:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GSL] [#25]
I'm definitely not an ammo whore compared to some of you that's posted your stockpiles.

But I'm starting to get there and will be among you all if this damn monsoon season doesn't start soon. I'm bringing in more than I'm expending due to the forests closures.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 2:20:10 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm definitely not an ammo whore compared to some of you that's pisted your stockpiles.

But I'm starting to get there and will be among you all if this damn monsoon season doesn't start soon. I'm bringing in more than I'm expending due to the forests closures.
View Quote
I need to wrangle up a boat load more ammo cans, I’m well beyond capacity.  Hell I have 5-6K in my living room as I’m in need of additional shelves too bachelor life
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:05:49 AM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
I have to move it all out of my spare room.  Wife is pregnant and she informed me that my gun/ammo room is going to be the kids room
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By tc2129:

I have to move it all out of my spare room.  Wife is pregnant and she informed me that my gun/ammo room is going to be the kids room
View Quote
Better buy a few more pallets of ammo and keep it in storage for the kids. They're going to want to shoot too down the line, that could cut into one's stockpile
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:44:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fxntime] [#29]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

I need to wrangle up a boat load more ammo cans, I’m well beyond capacity.  Hell I have 5-6K in my living room as I’m in need of additional shelves too bachelor life
View Quote
I have several hundred cans. I went to fat 50's a long time ago. They were cheap back then.

Quality Steelcase drawer cabinets hold 4 cans in each drawer, I snap them up cheap at garage sales, Do NOT buy the cheap shit one's, a Steelcase is 100X's the quality of new junk and the drawers, even if they have a couple hundred pounds in them, roll in and out really easy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#30]
anyone else find ammo you forgot you had when putting away new purchases?.  found a few K of steel case .223 I had no Idea I had bought several years ago.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By flynlr:
anyone else find ammo you forgot you had when putting away new purchases?.  found a few K of steel case .223 I had no Idea I had bought several years ago.
View Quote
Not in my own house, but since my mother in law is kind of a hoarder; we convinced her to clean out two bedroom closets that were packed with crap, floor to ceiling.  In the process found 6 bricks of Remington goldenboy .22lr and 700 rounds of fiocchi 9mm.  She bought it during the obama ammo panic thinking she'd flip it some day.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#32]
I have been holding off on buying more for a while. I have a few K of 555/223, but I finally caved this morning and ordered a few more cases. How much is too much?
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By sveesix:
I have been holding off on buying more for a while. I have a few K of 556/223, but I finally caved this morning and ordered a few more cases. How much is too much?
View Quote
I hear yeah, I'm mainly a reloader on my Dillon progressive with a case and bullet feeder. But shoot when .223/.556 is sub $0.30 shipped with full insurance it just makes sense. So the past two weeks have purchased through Sam at SGAmmo 6 cases of Wolf Gold and 4 cases of the Swedish made Winchester 62gr OT.

Prior to that the only factory ammo purchased was PSA couple years ago when they had Federal XM68GD ammo for $7.99/box. Bought 4 cases then

Salad days
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By flynlr:
View Quote
I went to dig out my ammo cans of 6.5 creedmoor and found two cans of GG&G 5.56
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 11:49:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sveesix] [#35]
Originally Posted By shooter_from_show-me:

I hear yeah, I'm mainly a reloader on my Dillon progressive with a case and bullet feeder. But shoot when .223/.556 is sub $0.30 shipped with full insurance it just makes sense. So the past two weeks have purchased through Sam at SGAmmo 6 cases of Wolf Gold and 4 cases of the Swedish made Winchester 62gr OT.

Prior to that the only factory ammo purchased was PSA couple years ago when they had Federal XM68GD ammo for $7.99/box. Bought 4 cases then

Salad days
View Quote
At these prices to save 5-6 cents per round isn't worth my time. I would rather order.  If you get the Targetsportsusa Prime a case of WG ends up being $247 shipped. Simply can't beat it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#36]
At these prices to save 5-6 cents per round isn't worth my time.
View Quote
This.

I'm buying factory, and stocking components now.  If there is a time to reload later, great- but this isn't it for volume or economy reasons.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:23:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TAP:

This.

I'm buying factory, and stocking components now.  If there is a time to reload later, great- but this isn't it for volume or economy reasons.
View Quote
what I find odd these days. price of 5.56 is back to around 2006 levels.  
in 06 I could get CCI 41 primers for 105 bucks per 5K from Midway
and Tac 8lb jugs from Wideners for 80 bucks or so  
both of which have about doubled now.  yet ammo prices are back down.
\weird. luckily I have tons of both items I stacked but would like to get more. but cant figure out why component prices are so high now.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#38]
22 LR under $.05 a round and 9mm under $.20. now is the time!
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#39]
if anyone needs ammo cans, I've been using the 40mm cans from colemans.  9.95 and shipping on 3 for me was $16

https://colemans.com/ammo-can-40-mm-long-low

all my ammo was lost in Sandy
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#40]
I have those 40mm cans filled with 45, 9mm & 40...they hare HEAVY loaded full. The .45 one is like going to the gym.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By fuzzy03cls:
I have those 40mm cans filled with 45, 9mm & 40...they hare HEAVY loaded full. The .45 one is like going to the gym.
View Quote
When I got out of the Army and was able to get all the ammo that I had stored at my parents, I started organizing it all. I loaded up a fat 50 with 45ACP, not thinking about the weight. When I went to pick it up, I almost shit my pants.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 10:49:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: myhatinthering] [#42]
Originally Posted By fuzzy03cls:
View Quote
totally!  they can be real heavy but haven't had any real issues yet.  One has 3k+ 9mm but to be honest, best cans for storage imho.

I do have one of the 30mm cans filled with 22.  It's ridiculous, don't even move it!!!!  lol
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
During the Obungus Days I sold my stash of CCI Mini Mags that were kept in old GI ten pocket 30 cal ammo belts since 1972. Packed in baggies each pocket held 100 rds. The ammo was gtg as we test fired in the back yard. I have bricks of Rem Match pistol from late 50s that still look pristine and shoot well. However, they are in a dry climate.

An interesting note; I have soaked new unfired pulldowns of '06 from 1940s .Mil, using LimiShine and Dawn, and while still wet fired the case and they all went bang. Damn good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By GlocksareGood:
First we must define what an "ammo whore" is.   I put forth this definition.   Ammo Whore - A person that has a supply of ammo on hand, that if they continued to shoot at a level of at least 50% of normal, would not run out of ammo for the next 15+ years.    I think this works better.   I mean, if a person only shoots his one Ar15 say five times a year and fires a total of 1000 rounds, but has 10k of XM-193 on hand, that guy is an ammo whore.   If the same person now shoots his M16 10 times a year and burns 5k of XM-193 and has 10k on hand he is not an ammo whore.   The definition also takes into account the fact that if we could not get ammo any more for whatever reason we would all cut back to save what we have.   So what do you guys think?   Maybe we can come together here and come up with the ARFCOM 1st theorem of ammo whoring.
View Quote
Ammo Whore defacto definition is someone who has more (of their primary shooting caliber) than I have of my primary shooting caliber
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 11:22:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit338] [#46]
FIFO.

Everyone should be able to outfit their own platoon.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By StealthM8:
Work in progress; build the wall.  Sorted by caliber, brand, load and age, with oldest on top.  FIFO.

Everyone should be able to outfit their own platoon.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/215362/20190326_201839_jpg-891606.JPG
View Quote
Nice
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#48]
they can be real heavy but haven't had any real issues yet.  One has 3k+ 9mm but to be honest, best cans for storage imho.
View Quote
I use the SAW cans (called Fat 50s a lot) for shotgun ammo, but stick with standard 5.56 and 7.62 cans for most everything else.  I can move them adequately, but not everyone else in my family and CircleOfTrust can, and that is a potential concern for me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 7:55:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alaska511] [#49]
Originally Posted By GlocksareGood: I think this works better.   I mean, if a person only shoots his one Ar15 say five times a year and fires a total of 1000 rounds, but has 10k of XM-193 on hand, that guy is an ammo whore.   [/tr]Dude - if I had only 10,000 rounds on hand, do you really think I'd burn through a WHOLE 1000 rounds in ONE YEAR? No wai! You're an ammo whore if you don't shoot because you might deplete your stash.You're an ammo whore if you don't shoot because your stash might be reduced to a non-integer multiple of 1000 rounds.You're an ammo whore if you feel the immediate need to order another case of ammo after you shot 2 boxes.You're an ammo whore if you periodically take inventory of your children stash ammo and feel a deep sense of satisfaction that it's all there - followed by a feeling of severe inadequacy.The list could surely be longer....
View Quote
Then...I might be an ammo whore

I cannot touch my 15K of endoftheworldzombieapocalypse 5.56.  I have 5K of "range 5.56 ammo" that I allow my self to use, but I buy 1 or 2 420 boxes after going to the range...I am not sure how much I have in the range ammo stash now, but my wife is getting pissed.

When my son visits, or my boss wants to shoot, we go through 30-35 full 30 round mags that I keep loaded for range days....see what I did there?  The 1K I keep loaded in mags is not included in my 5K+ of range ammo
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:07:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SecretSquirell] [#50]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:

I cannot touch my 15K of endoftheworldzombieapocalypse 5.56.  I have 5K of "range 5.56 ammo" that I allow my self to use, but I buy 1 or 2 420 boxes after going to the range...I am not sure how much I have in the range ammo stash now, but my wife is getting pissed.

When my son visits, or my boss wants to shoot, we go through 30-35 full 30 round mags that I keep loaded for range days....see what I did there?  The 1K I keep loaded in mags is not included in my 5K+ of range ammo
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alaska511:
[Originally Posted By GlocksareGood:I think this works better.   I mean, if a person only shoots his one Ar15 say five times a year and fires a total of 1000 rounds, but has 10k of XM-193 on hand, that guy is an ammo whore.   Dude - if I had only 10,000 rounds on hand, do you really think I'd burn through a WHOLE 1000 rounds in ONE YEAR? No wai! You're an ammo whore if you don't shoot because you might deplete your stash.You're an ammo whore if you don't shoot because your stash might be reduced to a non-integer multiple of 1000 rounds.You're an ammo whore if you feel the immediate need to order another case of ammo after you shot 2 boxes.You're an ammo whore if you periodically take inventory of your children stash ammo and feel a deep sense of satisfaction that it's all there - followed by a feeling of severe inadequacy.The list could surely be longer....

The fuck did you do to your post?

Page / 57
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top