User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Tacked Pay It Forward (Page 1 of 5)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 9/29/2014 3:04:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pro2ndAm]
The Retro sub-forum has a PIF thread and the members there is what makes that thread and that forum great  I spend quite a bit of time there, but I love this forum here just as much.  Please note that this is NOT a WTB or WTT thread.  If you want an item or items listed by someone here on this thread, you can post a reply that you'll take that item(s) and put up your own item(s) to keep the thread going.

First item up is a take-off A2 FSB (non F marked), nice gray parkerized finissh, unknown manufacturer (no forge marks), fits .750" diameter barrel; NO front sight post, spring or detent.  I picked this up at a local gun show I forgot how long ago but it appears previous owner tried to re-use this FSB.  So the areas around the taper pin holes are a bit mangled as you can see in the picture; but the holes themselves are NOT damaged.  I would suggest that you re-ream the holes and use oversized taper pins anyway.  I know APEX has a bunch of stripped take-off HBAR barrels, so I'm pretty sure someone can use this.  Please post reply that you'll take it and send me an IM with your information so I can send you the FSB.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:04:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HipSh0T] [#1]
I started the original A2 PIF thread and it did well for 6 months then eventually build parts dried up and the A2 section slowed down and the thread fell off the map.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HipSh0T:
I started the original A2 PIF thread and it did well for 6 months then eventually build parts dried up and the A2 section slowed down and the thread fell off the map.
View Quote

Can't say you didn't try Will
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:18:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HipSh0T] [#3]
I'll play the game. I'll take your FSB and put up a set of Bushmaster CAR skinny HG's with a homebrew 4" rail installed on the bottom HG so you can mount a flashlight or a forward grip. They'd be great on a BHD clone because of the DIY installation of the rail, I used nuts and allen head screws that torqued down real tight. I had a grip-pod on it to test the strength and it was built ford tough.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#5]
This thread needs a like button.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#6]
PIF threads are great, but they should be stickied to prevent them from archiving. A2 group is too small to keep the retro PIF pace for too long. Sticky would solve that...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:54:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HipSh0T] [#7]
Originally Posted By 5437:
PIF threads are great, but they should be stickied to prevent them from archiving. A2 group is too small to keep the retro PIF pace for too long. Sticky would solve that...
View Quote

Your right, look at how well my original A2 PIF thread started when this forum first opened, parts were plentiful and builds were going as fast if not faster than Retro builds for a short time. Then it fizzled and poof....gone. A flash in the pan.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:12:44 AM EDT
[#8]
A2 FSB to HipShOT
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:09:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Pro2ndAm:
A2 FSB to HipShOT
View Quote

Thank You, Items put up in earlier post.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:46:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#10]
Really excited to see one of these here, hoping it does well this time

ETA:

I'll play the game. I'll take your FSB and put up a set of Bushmaster CAR skinny HG's with a homebrew 4" rail installed on the bottom HG so you can mount a flashlight or a forward grip. They'd be great on a BHD clone because of the DIY installation of the rail, I used nuts and allen head screws that torqued down real tight. I had a grip-pod on it to test the strength and it was built ford tough.
View Quote

I'd like the CAR handguards for my BHD build if still available

Withdrawn.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I found something, it's a neutered M16 3 position selector.

The slots for the detents are a bit shallow though, not sure if it's meant to use a different style detent or not.

Either way it's up for grabs.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

The slots for the detents are a bit shallow though, not sure if it's meant to use a different style detent or not.

View Quote

I had the same issue with my 16 selector.  I opened up the channel a bit with a Dremel tool and polished it afterwards.  It works fine now.  Someone would put it to good use with a bit of work!
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:44:24 PM EDT
[#13]

I had the same issue with my 16 selector.  I opened up the channel a bit with a Dremel tool and polished it afterwards.  It works fine now.  Someone would put it to good use with a bit of work!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah, it doesn't appear that it would take much. I bought it from Sarco hoping for a no tick but it didn't happen.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll take Hipshots handguards and send someone a HG cap, triangular . 750.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By KYGun:

View Quote

I need a triangular HG Cap, HG's are yours and I'll claim the HG Cap.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

You got it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 4:04:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I was just thinking about bumping this thread.

We need more traffic.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#18]

We need more traffic.
View Quote

Yeah, but bump it with a free item for someone, haha. Full blown A2ers aren't as giving I guess.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:36:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#19]

Yeah, but bump it with a free item for someone, haha. Full blown A2ers aren't as giving I guess.
View All Quotes

We need more traffic.

Sounds like a challenge to me.

The one I put up before is still available.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

We need more traffic.

You got it sputnik, I've found generosity usually works out for the giver as he's always helped out as much or more than he helps.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Carbine HG's and rail go to KYGun
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:35:51 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm putting up a mil-surp A2 stock body (yellow foam-filled) that's been there & done that.  Someone hit with Krylon in the past and I removed most if not all of it.  Hit me up if you can give it a new home.  Lord knows if I keep it, it's going to turn into another build.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm putting up a mil-surp A2 stock body (yellow foam-filled) that's been there & done that.  Someone hit with Krylon in the past and I removed most if not all of it.  Hit me up if you can give it a new home.  Lord knows if I keep it, it's going to turn into another build.
View Quote

I can use this, got a 711 project starting.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:11:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KYGun] [#25]
Wish I had more to give.  If it's ok, I've got three ammo pouches, with long strap. I think these held M60. 308 belts, not sure. Free if you want em.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By BushBoar:
I'll tack this and see if that helps keep it going.
View Quote

Thanks Bush for tacking this thread!

Mil-surp A2 stock body to KYGun
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Thank you. This at least gives it a chance.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

I wish my original PIF thread got tacked back when this A2 forum started, but this is a step in the right direction.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Bumping to keep alive.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:02:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Bumping to keep alive.
View Quote

She's been tacked now,
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Offering up a CD copy of the M4A1, Mk12 and Mk 18 Mod 0 and URG, maintenance manual and technical repair standard manual.  The TRS shows how to repair/disassemble and reassemble the above weapons.  So, if you want to build your own AR here's the right way.  Send me a IM with your mailing address.

CD
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Offering up a CD copy of the M4A1, Mk12 and Mk 18 Mod 0 and URG, maintenance manual and technical repair standard manual.  The TRS shows how to repair/disassemble and reassemble the above weapons.  So, if you want to build your own AR here's the right way.  Send me a IM with your mailing address.

CD
View Quote

IM inbound for a CD copy
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#34]
i have a few extra pieces i dont need ill post up later, i just never shipped anyone anything so i would probably need help in that
lol
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:38:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Just package parts best you can and send them by us mail. Its us y ally the cheapest.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:36:14 AM EDT
[#36]

IM inbound for a CD copy
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

CD

IM inbound for a CD copy

Shipped
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:37:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#37]
double dup
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm putting the used rifle buffer on here also. Its on the retro PIF as well. Wherever it's taken I'll note it on the other.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Nak4000:
i have a few extra pieces i dont need ill post up later, i just never shipped anyone anything so i would probably need help in that
lol
View Quote

Go to the post office and grab a bunch of the Small Priority Mail rate box flats for free, fold them up into boxes, load the parts in them, write the shipping info and your return addy on the top left corner and go back to the post office and pay for the shipping. Done
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Go to the post office and grab a bunch of the Small Priority Mail rate box flats for free, fold them up into boxes, load the parts in them, write the shipping info and your return addy on the top left corner and go back to the post office and pay for the shipping. Done
View All Quotes

lol

Or use USPS online shipping, do it all at home and drop your package in the nearest mailbox. I used to ship regularly from the PO ("nothing liquid, fragile or potentially hazardous") but now only go inside to either get a money order or pick up something that requires a signature. You can get a slight discount buying the postage online, and flat rate boxes make it very easy.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:27:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By grondike:

Or use USPS online shipping, do it all at home and drop your package in the nearest mailbox. I used to ship regularly from the PO ("nothing liquid, fragile or potentially hazardous") but now only go inside to either get a money order or pick up something that requires a signature. You can get a slight discount buying the postage online, and flat rate boxes make it very easy.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grondike:
lol

I guess I'm old shool or just anal, I need to see my customers package being scaned and thrown into the correct bin. The small flat rate boxes with free tracking is the best bang for buck size they have, the cushioned ready post packages are good as well, I can get 2 A1 pistol grips in one for $2.40 shipping. The small flate rate box can fit 6 but usually 5 with bubblewrap comfortably. As you can tell I'm selling 279 Colt A1 pistl grips in the EE right now, most are new, never installed. Only 253 more to go before I sell out....lol
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 9:05:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pro2ndAm] [#42]
Jut got the CD of the TM's from Combat Diver all the way from A-Stan.  I'm a bit shocked that it didn't take 3 months or so to get over here.  Thanks again CD and thank you for your service!

I'll dig around in the parts bin for something to put up to "stay ahead"
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Found another mil-surp A2 stock body in my parts bin.  This one is NOT going to win any beauty contest.  Definitely has "been there and done that" and good for someone looking to do a BFPU build or sand it down for a good rattle can job.  Happy Thanksgiving!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#44]
PM sent
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Found another mil-surp A2 stock body in my parts bin.  This one is NOT going to win any beauty contest.  Definitely has "been there and done that" and good for someone looking to do a BFPU build or sand it down for a good rattle can job.  Happy Thanksgiving!
View Quote

BFPU stock body, sling swivel and new bottom screw to Ghostdevilguy
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#46]
thanks, and as soon as I get some money to ship I have two parts I will post, It will more than likely be later this week.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 7:49:44 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

I received the stock the other day, thanks
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#48]
I've got a like-new A2 grip from a PSA LPK along with a couple crush washers.  IM me if you need these.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#49]
I have two A2 pistol grips. One is black and one is OD green.

Anyone wants them, just let me know.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#50]
I've also got a peel washer I'll send someone.  It's a bit on the thick side and I need a thinner one to time my brake correctly.  IM if you need this.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Tacked Pay It Forward (Page 1 of 5)
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top