Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 115
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 12:15:18 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a wheeled fsgb in the EE right now. Not for the Holland I know but since a lot of the same guys are in here that also watch the mk12 thread I thought I'd bring it to your attention. Not mine by the way. Mine is safely on my mod 0 where it will always be.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 6:14:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8NAK4] [#2]
Cut a spacer/crush washer out of 5.56 brass for my Gen 1 Ace SOCOM. 5.56 brass is the perfect diameter to make a DIY spacer. The stock is no longer adjustable, but my LOP is set now for me. I don't mind a fixed stock, and this solves the problem that is SOCOM's weakness. Plus, IMHO, the spacer is aesthetically pleasing too.

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Would it be just totally unacceptable to run the Reece rail and the larue mount? I'm putting a nightforce on my Holland and it's in a larue mount. I have non leverstop rings too so I could go either way. Rings and rail OR larue mount. But I really like the look of the rail and I want to use the larue mount so does anyone use both? Is it too high?
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:07:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
Would it be just totally unacceptable to run the Reece rail and the larue mount? I'm putting a nightforce on my Holland and it's in a larue mount. I have non leverstop rings too so I could go either way. Rings and rail OR larue mount. But I really like the look of the rail and I want to use the larue mount so does anyone use both? Is it too high?
View Quote

Well, the Recce rail and LaRue mount both solve the same problem of bridging the gap. I'd pick one, not go with both. And yes, in my opinion, it would be too tall.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By 8NAK4:

Cut a spacer/crush washer out of 5.56 brass for my Gen 1 Ace SOCOM. 5.56 brass is the perfect diameter to make a DIY spacer. The stock is no longer adjustable, but my LOP is set now for me. I don't mind a fixed stock, and this solves the problem that is SOCOM's weakness. Plus, IMHO, the spacer is aesthetically pleasing too.

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae163/8NAK4/62027B89-B329-4124-845B-103E2D2C16C8_zpscdcqojjb.jpg
View Quote

i made this fucker a stock and a lockout spring spacer....and then he spills the beanzzzzzzz on my cheat code.

u bastid!

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:38:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8NAK4] [#6]
My cheat code expanded improved upon your cheat code. Don't be jelly. Besides, you spilled the beans about your lock out spring on the previous page. Come at me, Blue!
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 3:36:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#7]

waking this place back up with some fresh loaded ammo

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Well, the Recce rail and LaRue mount both solve the same problem of bridging the gap. I'd pick one, not go with both. And yes, in my opinion, it would be too tall.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:

This.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 5:36:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: plante74] [#9]

H'ing

Fall by Kyle Plante, on Flickr

Inst by Kyle Plante, on Flickr

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By plante74:
H'ing

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/N97XJZ" target="_blank">https://c2.staticflickr.com/9/8628/30284301481_bc6b90f48b_b.jpg</a>Fall by Kyle Plante, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/N97XdD" target="_blank">https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5519/30284299721_04dd0cb0d0_b.jpg</a>Fall by Kyle Plante, on Flickr
View Quote

Damn that's beautiful, I live in the wrong place
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 3:22:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Saw this pic in the Block II thread:

BUIS on top to.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By prskiller:
https://i.imgur.com/Gf2ecwR.jpg
BUIS on top to.
View Quote

Good find I've never seen that one before and definetly the first one with buis.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#13]
thats from 5ths last deployment iirc. i had it and lost that before it got to my files. its a good one
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Is that a PRI front sight and an ARMS rear?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:16:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#15]
Is that a PRI front sight and an ARMS rear?
View Quote

I was thinking the front looked like a Troy.  But maybe I'm wrong.  But yeah, I'm pretty sure that's an arms rear.  It looks like the one that was used with the rail, integral.  I think it was a #38 maybe????  

Obviously this is not a mod H . Just showing the rail and rear sight.  

Wait, the Mod 0's use them, don't they.  Duh.  

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#16]
It's a PRI front sight, found a match.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#17]
There you go.  I was wrong.  Nice catch.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#18]
So we should be seeing some clones here with the buis soon.  Won't be me though as I don't have quick release scope mounts
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#19]
What barrels is everyone using? I know of bison arms and ba, didn't  know is there was anything out there contoured correctly in 1/7 that would shoot better then the bison?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Carbon244:
What barrels is everyone using? I know of bison arms and ba, didn't  know is there was anything out there contoured correctly in 1/7 that would shoot better then the bison?
View Quote

BA here.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Carbon244:
View Quote

I have a Douglass

Pri has a Douglass barrel and a bergara barrel that have the cuts as well
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:24:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zakk101abn] [#22]

Originally Posted By JJREA:
Werd.  I like things cheap.  

My next precision shooting range session I'm gonna try the CAR.  But I may throw the rubber buttpad on there.  Seems like it transforms it and gives it more real estate for a rear bag.  And doesn't dig into the shoulder as much.  Although now that it's getting colder out, that's not that big of a deal.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:

Originally Posted By chenault:

Ok, you little bastards won me over, I put a wanted ad up for an ACE (AKA the crutch, see pic below), if that doesn't pan out I'll go ACS. Daddy needs one, and what Daddy needs, Daddy gets.  

http://<a href=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/pcrunnels/307_small_Adult_Elbow_Crutch__7760p_zpsplmtsnpm.jpg</a>" />
Lol.

Fuck ACE's. CAR or bust... I paid $7.95 for mine.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/zakk101abn/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpszgoaac2z.jpeg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/zakk101abn/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_8183_zpsatcdgfec.jpg

Werd.  I like things cheap.  

My next precision shooting range session I'm gonna try the CAR.  But I may throw the rubber buttpad on there.  Seems like it transforms it and gives it more real estate for a rear bag.  And doesn't dig into the shoulder as much.  Although now that it's getting colder out, that's not that big of a deal.
Word, lemme know how the buttpad works out.

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:24:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zakk101abn] [#23]
Doup

ETA:

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#24]
BUIS on top to.
View Quote

Load that trunk and the one next to it into my truck please.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View All Quotes
BUIS on top to.

I'll take the tub of Elcans.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ek_cruiser_316:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ek_cruiser_316:
BUIS on top to.

That's the one I think I like the best. If anything, you could sell off a bunch and fund several nice builds.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#27]
i have a WOA barrel in the correct heavier profile and its nasty accurate.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

View Quote
Blue, do you know if this profile differs from the BA one? If so, do you have a pic or any explanation of the differences?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:33:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#29]

Originally Posted By CloneDiseased:
Blue, do you know if this profile differs from the BA one? If so, do you have a pic or any explanation of the differences?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CloneDiseased:

the BA looks a lil thinner. EDIT see below

heres a pic of the actual MK12  Holland barrel for reference:

upload a picture

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#30]
I have the BA barrel.  At first I didn't like that it was so thin, but it makes the rifle so handy when the can is out.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:41:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#31]

Originally Posted By Postal0311:
I have the BA barrel.  At first I didn't like that it was so thin, but it makes the rifle so handy when the can is out.
View Quote

sorry...there were a few guys in here running the non spr profile from ba with ops cuts. i guess like Postal said...less weight. but they have a heavier spr profile one. its similar to the WOA profile. as long as its spr heavy behind the gb it will be like the holland ones.....and the non noveske we speculate is a pri 1/8. ba is also both 1/8 and why i didnt get one. my woa is 1/7

WOA spr (what mine looks like behind gb area)

ba spr

ba thinner with ops cuts

image hosting no registration

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:56:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#32]
For some reason I always forget about WOA, but they are damn good barrels.  I built my father in law a SPR with the 18" version and it shoots lights out, great customer service as well.

Good post HaveBlue
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Where are you guys finding the WOA barrels? I don't see them listed anywhere on their site.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:54:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#34]

Originally Posted By kb1:

Where are you guys finding the WOA barrels? I don't see them listed anywhere on their site.
View Quote

Twitchy had a run of 10 made a year ago from them to his specs. i got one of his last ones off his site. he site isnt up anymore. it was $200 and im glad i grabbed one

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:41:42 AM EDT
[#35]

Twitchy had a run of 10 made a year ago from them to his specs. i got one of his last ones off his site. he site isnt up anymore. it was $200 and im glad i grabbed one

View All Quotes

They are really good about working with customers.  If you want one I'd call them up and see if they could turn one, I bet they would
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Damn my wallet hurts lol did the holland rifles ever use a fixed stock like tge mk12's? Were the rifles ever in anyone elses hands other than seals?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:59:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#37]
Originally Posted By InternationalM:
Damn my wallet hurts lol did the holland rifles ever use a fixed stock like tge mk12's? Were the rifles ever in anyone elses hands other than seals?
View Quote

No, this was a specific rifle built for a specific unit.  

To our knowledge no fixed stocks were ever used, though as Haveblue mentioned a page or two ago the Gen 1 ACE stocks wear out pretty fast and some members have made them into fixed stocks, but that wasn't the initial purpose behind that stock.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#38]

They are really good about working with customers.  If you want one I'd call them up and see if they could turn one, I bet they would
View All Quotes

Unless they changed their tune, they won't turn a single barrel to your spec.  10 was the minimum order and the lead time was about 3-4  months.  I tried pretty hard to get them and/or PRI to put them into a periodic production runs, but they didn't see the point.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Well, I guess it's Bison, CLE, or BA for a barrel then.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#40]
I see bcm makes the upper with pri tube how close is it to being correct?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:18:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#41]
View Quote

And the 16" Bargara on PRI's website, and a Douglass barrel from High Caliber Sales are also options.  

You could always try to get 10 people together to do a run on a WOA barrel.

Honestly, any of the mentioned barrels are going to shoot very well. My original Mod-H barrel was a Bison back when they were pretty much the only show in town and it shot lights out, I'm doing an accuracy test on a BA barrel and it's looking promising, and my current CLE barrel is just fantastic.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#42]

To our knowledge no fixed stocks were ever used, though as Haveblue mentioned a page or two ago the Gen 1 ACE stocks wear out pretty fast and some members have made them into fixed stocks, but that wasn't the initial purpose behind that stock.
View All Quotes

I thought they were Army builds.  5th SFG.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:03:03 PM EDT
[#43]

And the 16" Bargara on PRI's website, and a Douglass barrel from High Caliber Sales are also options.  

Honestly, any of the mentioned barrels are going to shoot very well. My original Mod-H barrel was a Bison back when they were pretty much the only show in town and it shot lights out, I'm doing an accuracy test on a BA barrel and it's looking promising, and my current CLE barrel is just fantastic.
View All Quotes

I am going with Kevin and his Douglas 16" barrel heavy profile. Same barrel he uses to build his Navy Recce upper with.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#44]
How close to correct are the bcms? They have one with the pri tube...
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

I don't think so.  The FDE one still needs that longer lower rail, but really I don't think any of the 16" BCM barrels are profiled for the OPS break and collar, I could be wrong but I don't think that I am.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

That's correct, sorry I missed that part. Yes, the H was build specifically for the 5th SFG

iluvm86: Great barrel choice, I have one of his MK12 uppers and am constantly impressed with it's accuracy and precision.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#47]

That's correct, sorry I missed that part. Yes, the H was build specifically for the 5th SFG

iluvm86: Great barrel choice, I have one of his MK12 uppers and am constantly impressed with it's accuracy and precision.
View All Quotes

Holland's were run by SF ODA's only and yes, Magpul PRS in black or FDE is your fixed / rifle-length option.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:42:54 PM EDT
[#48]

sorry...there were a few guys in here running the non spr profile from ba with ops cuts. i guess like Postal said...less weight. but they have a heavier spr profile one. its similar to the WOA profile. as long as its spr heavy behind the gb it will be like the holland ones.....and the non noveske we speculate is a pri 1/8. ba is also both 1/8 and why i didnt get one. my woa is 1/7

http://s22.postimg.org/mo9ua7m8x/26053_ac6436701c45453b6a1d9bdd24f69b18.jpg

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Postal0311:

http://s22.postimg.org/mo9ua7m8x/26053_ac6436701c45453b6a1d9bdd24f69b18.jpg

Damnit - looks like I've got the wrong barrel-weight ...well at least it will be handy
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

as close as a yugo is to a ferrari. only way you will get a decent mod h complete upper is to ship PRI an ops long collar and brake and have them put it on their barrelled pri tubed upper or call adco to do similar. and both will brolly NOT have a clone correct marked BCG or upper rcvr....and that shit will irk ya if you are going for dead nuts.

mine is built from parts. i cant imagine my cost if i actually paid someone LOL.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#50]
All you guys are killing my wallet! I tried really hard to stay out of here but couldn't do it. I haven't even finished my mod 0 yet and I have already started collecting my spare parts to put a holland together. At least I can get some use out of that vltor now....haha
Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top