Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
AR Sponsor
Previous Page
/ 222
Next Page
1/19/2025 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Subpar:

Yeah, I think the tapered gas block is a little bit longer than the old Spikes one.  That was as close as I could get the gap on that setup.

Got a pretty cool mini NSW in the works that should be done soon.
View Quote


I have an older Spike's I may want to trade for a newer Allegheny if anyone has one.
1/19/2025 4:27:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NemesisMind][Edited] [#2]
14.5

1/19/2025 5:37:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void][Edited] [#3]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Subpar:

Yeah, I think the tapered gas block is a little bit longer than the old Spikes one.  That was as close as I could get the gap on that setup.

Got a pretty cool mini NSW in the works that should be done soon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Subpar:

Yeah, I think the tapered gas block is a little bit longer than the old Spikes one.  That was as close as I could get the gap on that setup.

Got a pretty cool mini NSW in the works that should be done soon.


By the time you get a tapered block it would be cheaper to get WOA to spin a barrel.

Mini nsw is the shit tho.  This is my 2nd longest lasting build.
1/19/2025 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:


By the time you get a tapered block it would be cheaper to get WOA to spin a barrel.

Mini nsw is the shit tho.  This is my 2nd longest lasting build.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:
Originally Posted By Subpar:

Yeah, I think the tapered gas block is a little bit longer than the old Spikes one.  That was as close as I could get the gap on that setup.

Got a pretty cool mini NSW in the works that should be done soon.


By the time you get a tapered block it would be cheaper to get WOA to spin a barrel.

Mini nsw is the shit tho.  This is my 2nd longest lasting build.

This thing has been kind of a beast to figure out how to make work.  I sent my mid RAS to Brit and he cut it down a couple inches to use with a 1.04 tapered block.  It’ll end up being like 10.7” and use an AEM2.  It was the only option to get what I wanted.  The “Too long” RAS was too short to use with carbine gas.

Not a Tennessee Squire
1/19/2025 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Attached File
1/20/2025 12:51:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quote History


I may be the minority, but I think the poverty pony lower really makes that thing shine
1/20/2025 12:55:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Originally Posted By HimIOwe:


I may be the minority, but I think the poverty pony lower really makes that thing shine
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By HimIOwe:


I may be the minority, but I think the poverty pony lower really makes that thing shine

Gotta agree.  ITV's setups are amongst my favorite on the site.
Not a Tennessee Squire
1/20/2025 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Subpar:

Gotta agree.  ITV's setups are amongst my favorite on the site.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Subpar:
Originally Posted By HimIOwe:


I may be the minority, but I think the poverty pony lower really makes that thing shine

Gotta agree.  ITV's setups are amongst my favorite on the site.


What is ITV?

If there's one thing I really don't care about, it's what roll mark is on a lower.  Fun fact - my most expensive lower is also the only messed up lower I've ever had and I have dozens.  It was so messed up it had to be replaced.  Noveske.
1/20/2025 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:


What is ITV?


View Quote

1/20/2025 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#10]
How dare he abbreviate Black Sabbath's greatest song
1/24/2025 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#11]
1/24/2025 7:52:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History



You sir have very good taste!

Attached File
1/24/2025 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:



You sir have very good taste!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478727/IMG_1755_jpeg-3444196.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History

I always love the ala carte look your builds have. All well-thought-out parts, but the finish mismatch makes it seem like you walk through AR-Ikea and grab a part from this shelf, another part out of that bin and slap it all together.
God will not look you over for medals, diplomas, or degrees – but for scars
1/24/2025 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I always love the ala carte look your builds have. All well-thought-out parts, but the finish mismatch makes it seem like you walk through AR-Ikea and grab a part from this shelf, another part out of that bin and slap it all together.
View Quote


If you saw my pts bins and work space you’d understand why lol
1/24/2025 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:


If you saw my pts bins and work space you’d understand why lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I always love the ala carte look your builds have. All well-thought-out parts, but the finish mismatch makes it seem like you walk through AR-Ikea and grab a part from this shelf, another part out of that bin and slap it all together.


If you saw my pts bins and work space you’d understand why lol

God will not look you over for medals, diplomas, or degrees – but for scars
1/24/2025 9:45:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CouchCommando22][Edited] [#16]
Attached File
Attached File
1/24/2025 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:


Love a P4xi on a mini!
View Quote


I had a T2 on it and switched to the Steiner and have not regretted it.
1/24/2025 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:



You sir have very good taste!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478727/IMG_1755_jpeg-3444196.JPG
View Quote


I also want to try a riser below my scope mount but dont want the piggy RDS too high.
1/25/2025 12:06:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Originally Posted By the-answer-is-42:


I also want to try a riser below my scope mount but dont want the piggy RDS too high.
View Quote


Attached File


If you do the riser, just get a 45° mount for your RDS
1/25/2025 12:28:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:


If you saw my pts bins and work space you’d understand why lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I always love the ala carte look your builds have. All well-thought-out parts, but the finish mismatch makes it seem like you walk through AR-Ikea and grab a part from this shelf, another part out of that bin and slap it all together.


If you saw my pts bins and work space you’d understand why lol


that, and we’ve sent a rotation of URX 4s back and forth, as well as stocks and grips, and an upper or two that either has painted…

between the two benches, I’m sure there would be one color-matched gun. I think.
"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing" - John Stuart Mill
1/25/2025 1:20:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Originally Posted By EverForward:


that, and we’ve sent a rotation of URX 4s back and forth, as well as stocks and grips, and an upper or two that either has painted…

between the two benches, I’m sure there would be one color-matched gun. I think.
View Quote


lol… true
1/27/2025 6:37:14 AM EDT
[#23]
My new BCM keymod RECCE that I won in the ARF give-away last month.

Attached File


Attached File
...Amongst the 1911 poors...
1/28/2025 6:31:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Attached File
1/28/2025 6:33:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5L33P3R][Edited] [#25]
Quote History


Attached File
1/28/2025 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes


THAT'S MY PURSE I DON'T KNOW YOU
1/29/2025 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quote History


Psa build?

J/k sweet setup
1/29/2025 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Originally Posted By bzugger:


Psa build?

J/k sweet setup
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By bzugger:


Psa build?

J/k sweet setup


It's a sabre brand h&r
1/29/2025 8:42:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Not sure what length your barrel is ..14.5? Mine is similar....sold my urx 3.1 and did a noveske nsr. Sold that now I have a G mk4 on there

I'm sick or tearing it down so this one's gonna stick.
Attached File
3/8/2025 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Snagged a March 1.5-15 to try out on my 12.5”. Been eyeing on of these for a while now.Attached File
3/8/2025 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Originally Posted By cadepatterson:
Snagged a March 1.5-15 to try out on my 12.5”. Been eyeing on of these for a while now.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184833/IMG_5128_jpeg-3484897.JPG
View Quote


How do you like it so far? What are your initial impressions?
3/8/2025 5:12:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cadepatterson][Edited] [#32]
Quote History
Originally Posted By jtdam24:


How do you like it so far? What are your initial impressions?
View Quote


Spent about 15 minutes fine tuning the diopter to my liking. The red dot seems really bright out in the sun - I have it set on 5 out of 6. Turrets feel great and the locking feature is easy to manipulate.

This is also one of the newer (revised?) ones. I read the first ones had some issues, especially with the SFP and FFP reticles not being aligned. I have not noticed that in mine. Hoping to get out to the range with it soon.
3/8/2025 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#33]
New glass for my 14.5” Noveske afghan



Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster.
3/8/2025 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Originally Posted By bzugger:
Not sure what length your barrel is ..14.5? Mine is similar....sold my urx 3.1 and did a noveske nsr. Sold that now I have a G mk4 on there

I'm sick or tearing it down so this one's gonna stick.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/334772/20250128_111810_jpg-3449077.JPG
View Quote


Hello fellow Rugged enjoyer

14" 5.56

3/8/2025 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Cowbell:
New glass for my 14.5” Noveske afghan

https://i.imgur.com/aavDfen.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/P13gfRc.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/u0UcA2j.jpeg
View Quote

Dude, that thing looks classy, like a tuxedo! But seriously, that is a nice setup.
3/14/2025 3:31:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Maack][Edited] [#36]
IG: jsm5092
https://youtube.com/@justsomedude556
3/16/2025 4:25:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 135Patriots][Edited] [#37]
Attached File


Suppressor incoming but otherwise I think this will be good to go.

ETA now with more sci six and a fresh coat of field drab. Maiden voyage next week. Don't mind the janky switching, just playing around with a few things
Attached File
3/20/2025 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Panem et Circenses

I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.
3/20/2025 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quote History


Which model PLXc is that? Do you like it?
3/20/2025 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quote History
Originally Posted By broy_jenkins:


Which model PLXc is that? Do you like it?
View Quote


nova reticle, yes.

Ran it on the SCAR 17 at first but it's perfect on the 14.5
Panem et Circenses

I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.
3/21/2025 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Stick
3/21/2025 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#42]


My .02 is that the Specwar MRP is the king of mini recce's
3/21/2025 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#43]
3/21/2025 8:24:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Attached File
Attached File
3/21/2025 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quote History


Hell ya sick setup!
3/22/2025 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Attached File
3/24/2025 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#47]
I've always liked this one...


Stick
3/24/2025 10:38:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 135Patriots][Edited] [#48]
Attached File

Attached File


The elcan gun may be pushing mini boundaries but technically it counts

I enjoyed shooting the 13.9 MRP today. The sci six sounds great and is very quiet at the ear but I need to do something about the gas. It stacks really quickly with the solid endcap.
3/24/2025 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quote History



Assuming the rifle on top is a 6 arc 14.5?? What buffer and gas system are you running?
3/25/2025 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Got me a laser on my 14.5" Criterion Hybrid. I like that the laser is pretty alligned with my t2. Still needs a silencer.




As for why 2.5-10x42mm NXS? Welcome to Indiana.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 222
Next Page
AR Sponsor