AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 3 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:34:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#2]
EDIT:

MODs, I posted here after having the other thread closed for not being technical. This spreadsheet is trying it's best to be "technical" but if you guys don't want me posting it in here, say the word and i'll delete this post.

--------------------------------------------------

Here is a suggestion (for the CQBR MOD1) guidelines. It uses the CRANE NSW issued weapon as the benchmark. Even though 99.99% of us won't ever get a full auto Colt M4A1 or M16A1 lower, an AN\PEG-15 or the Military reticle version of the ECLAN SpecterDR 1-4x, it still uses those components as the "gold" build. In theory, If you got a Colt 6920 and sent it off to ADCO to get the barrel chopped and then purchased all of the commercially available parts, you would be at around 95% clone correct.

My little project has a long way to go, but I intend to build it out with the help of some resident ARFCOM experts and it will include Block I and II variations along with the CAS-V variant that was posted multiple times in Part I of the original MK18/CQBR/Variants thread.

DISCLAIMER:

I am in no way guaranteeing that my spreadsheet is 100% accurate at this point. I am also not pushing to make it part of the rules for this or any other thread. I just wanted a personal reference and a "Cliff Notes" version of the high points learned from this and the other MK18/CQBR clone threads.

------------------------------------------------------------

I am also kicking around a clone rating/grading/ranking system where you would check off options from a Google Form (or something similar) and it would compile a score based off of your selections. Components would be weighted based on a Gold/Silver/Bronze status. Since much of the entertainment here is derived from trying to get as close to genuine as possible, I thought attaching a score to that effort would increase the fun factor.

Google Spreadsheet:

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 11:37:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Thunder79] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PFran42:
EDIT:

MODs, I posted here after having the other thread closed for not being technical. This spreadsheet is trying it's best to be "technical" but if you guys don't want me posting it in here, say the word and i'll delete this post.

Here is a suggestion (for the CQBR MOD1) guidelines. It uses the CRANE NSW issued weapon as the benchmark. Even though 99.99% of us won't ever get a full auto Colt M4A1 or M16A1 lower, an AN\PEG-15 or the Military reticle version of the ECLAN SpecterDR 1-4x, it still uses those components as the "gold" build. In theory, If you got a Colt 6920 and sent it off to ADCO to get the barrel chopped and then purchased all of the commercially available parts, you would be at around 95% clone correct.

My little project has a long way to go, but I intend to build it out with the help of some resident ARFCOM experts and it will include Block I and II variations along with the CAS-V variant that was posted multiple times in Part I of the original MK18/CQBR/Variants thread.

DISCLAIMER:

I am in no way guaranteeing that my spreadsheet is 100% accurate at this point. I am also not pushing to make it part of the rules for this or any other thread. I just wanted a personal reference and a "Cliff Notes" version of the high points learned from this and the other MK18/CQBR clone threads.

I am also kicking around a clone rating/grading/ranking system where you would check off options from a Google Form (or something similar) and it would compile a score based off of your selections. Components would be weighted based on a Gold/Silver/Bronze status. Since much of the entertainment here is derived from trying to get as close to genuine as possible, I thought attaching a score to that effort would increase the fun factor.

Google Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dNdV1AmvmVuGH28s-JnwnaIjVnJfJwjIoQ_el5ZMOn0/edit?usp=sharing

View Quote

This looks great! I like the scoring idea as well. The only problem I see is that Badger Ordanance and DD are the suppliers of the gas block, not KAC. This came from a KAC military division rep on another thread. Also, the new can is the Surefire 556 RC with a SF 4 prong; therefore, shouldn't these items be in the gold section? Edited to add about the stock. Since B5 is now supplying SOPMODs to the military, shouldn't those be moved to gold as well?
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#4]
EDIT:

DISCLAIMER:

Google Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dNdV1AmvmVuGH28s-JnwnaIjVnJfJwjIoQ_el5ZMOn0/edit?usp=sharing

View Quote

This is good. Like was said above, add the 4 prong SF flash hider and the 556RC in FDE to the gold section. Also the Magpul AFG to the acceptable variants for foregrip.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#5]

EDIT:

View Quote

DISCLAIMER:

Google Spreadsheet:

Kudos for putting that together.

Great idea.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know that this is the correct place for this question, so I apologize in advance if it needs to be somewhere else. The old thread never specified between standard vs QD tango down grips and I am getting ready to purchase one. Could you guys please educate me as to which one to get and why? Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 12:28:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#7]
Lets keep the chatter in this thread to the minimum. Email or IM me with any input/ideas/whatever. (Thats the reason I posted the other poll thread - I didn't want pages of discussion about the spreadsheet in here clogging up what has started out to be a really good thread). I'll be working on the spreadsheet continuously until it contains as much accurate information as you guys can provide.

Edit:
Thunder79 - One would think that the BVG-ITI in FDE would be correct since it has the cutout for the Insight pressure pad but I couldn't find a NSN number for it. The only one I found was for the BGV-MK46 which is compatible with Surefire pressure pads.

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 12:28:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#8]
Well sense someone has an issue with the fact I mentioned I put a EOTECH G33 in the EE, pretend I never did that! I was just trying to help out one of my fellow BLOCK II guys, not get anyone panties in a twist.

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#9]
The SOCOM 5.56 RC is the standard issue, but do they send the 5.56 SOCOM MG ones in use?

I'm looking to buy an M16 soon, and I assume the MG would be the better can to use, or is the difference really that noticeable?
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
The SOCOM 5.56 RC is the standard issue, but do they send the 5.56 SOCOM MG ones in use?

I'm looking to buy an M16 soon, and I assume the MG would be the better can to use, or is the difference really that noticeable?
View Quote

The MG is just a heavier longer version of the RC. I would stick with the RC.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#11]
For the CQBR block 2, would an FDE Surefire Scout light and an FDE Magpul MIAD grip be out of spec for clone purposes?
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 1:57:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#12]

Originally Posted By M4A1:

For the CQBR block 2, would an FDE Surefire Scout light and an FDE Magpul MIAD grip be out of spec for clone purposes?
View Quote
Not if you look at all of the pics of them installed in the field. It's not "as issued" but I bet there are close to if not more Surefires installed on CQBR MOD I/Block IIs than the M3X lights.

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 2:09:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SPTiger] [#13]
snip
View Quote

Pure awesomeness! Very nice. Some of the best looking so far, and that's counting the other thread that was derailed.

ETA- I snipped off too much of the post I was quoting, but I was commenting on FAB-10_GUY's pics
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Not if you look at all of the pics of them installed in the field. It's not "as issued" but I bet there are close to if not more Surefires installed on CQBR MOD I/Block IIs than the M3X lights.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

There are pics of them with Scout lights. One of my favorite all time CQBR pics is of a Marine with his leaned against a wall. The rifle has an ACOG and a T1 in an offset mount and a Scout light. Bad ass.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Will816:

There are pics of them with Scout lights. One of my favorite all time CQBR pics is of a Marine with his leaned against a wall. The rifle has an ACOG and a T1 in an offset mount and a Scout light. Bad ass.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#16]
My humble contribution.

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 5:59:53 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes

Nice, what mount do they use when using an FDE Surefire Scout?  Just the stand scout mount?
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 6:06:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manny2_0] [#18]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FstR6WEE2gw/UKf9wdABvbI/AAAAAAAAADY/QSIVLWJanzQ/s1600/pic7.jpg

what I thought the Marines were poor
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Manny2_0:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FstR6WEE2gw/UKf9wdABvbI/AAAAAAAAADY/QSIVLWJanzQ/s1600/pic7.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Manny2_0:
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

thats Marsoc. totally different funding
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 6:40:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lawdog-1] [#20]
What place do go to ask question about the last photo of the US Marine MARSOC w/surefire scout light and who do I direct the question to?
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 7:21:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bending_rodriguez] [#21]
Originally Posted By Lawdog-1:
What place do go to ask question about the last photo of the US Marine MARSOC w/surefire scout light and who do I direct the question to?
View Quote

Official Mk18 and CQBR Photo and Discussion Thread
Ask away man!

I just ordered a BFG "special green" (st pattys day green) vcas sling today for my MOD 0-pics when it arrives......anyone else have one of these?  I'm hoping the green looks the same as it does on their site
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Ask here and ask anyone.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:

Done. RC on transfer now to me. Now to find a SU-231 reasonable price.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 7:44:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Done. RC on transfer now to me. Now to find a SU-231 reasonable price.
View Quote

Go for the 231a. You won't regret it! Way better model.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 7:46:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECPrevatte] [#25]
I really dislike the way they look. Sounds dumb, but this clone look is what I am aiming for.

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#26]

I really dislike the way they look. Sounds dumb, but this clone look is what I am aiming for.

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac108/SJasper84/10591337784_86983d0e28_o.jpg
View Quote

I think I had asked this a while back, but are those painted AAC cans?
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

View All Quotes

The one on the right looks like an M42K, and the one on the left looks like an NT4
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

The one on the right looks like an M42K, and the one on the left looks like an NT4
View All Quotes

That's what I was thinking as well.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

View All Quotes

Hell yeah, now all of us AAC can guys have our "seen in the wild" card we can use, as well as the guys who want to paint their lower orange.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 9:14:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lawdog-1] [#30]
How can you tell if the guy in Woodland camo is a USMC MARSOC? What is that cage thing on his hip with something orange in it? Is that a KAC M4QDSS can?
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Is that a ERGO FDE grip I see?
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jukeboxx13:

Thats a lot of muzzle flash.

I thought CQBR's used flash hiders?  
View Quote

Silly Californians You don't get to see the fireball that is SBR.  I don't think there is enough flash hider made for some of the ammo fired out of 10.3
I know why guys buy cans, now.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 9:31:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-Ryan21] [#33]
Originally Posted By G_MAN:

Hell yeah, now all of us AAC can guys have our "seen in the wild" card we can use, as well as the guys who want to paint their lower orange.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By G_MAN:

Yep. That sure is an M4-2000.

Let's ask wayfaerer before we make AAC cans a legit spotted in the wild acceptable can though. I wouldn't want another thread nuked.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Damn it, Ryan.  I am shopping cans, now. I may need a place to live after this is over.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 9:45:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:
Damn it, Ryan.  I am shopping cans, now. I may need a place to live after this is over.
View Quote

I've got a guest room.

Your rent can be paid with ammo.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

Let's ask wayfaerer before we make AAC cans a legit spotted in the wild acceptable can though. I wouldn't want another thread nuked.
View Quote

... give the guy a break.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 9:56:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TurbineGuy] [#37]
How can you tell if the guy in Woodland camo is a USMC MARSOC? What is that cage thing on his hip with something orange in it? Is that a KAC M4QDSS can?
View All Quotes

MARSOC is primarily issued woodland cammies as their main mission overseas are FID missions, esp in Afghanistan where the ANA (?) are issued woodlands. Other units wear them as well, just not as much or as a primary uniform when deployed from my understanding. SEALs, Army SF, EOD, and several other units where it when necessary as several pics of them are shown wearing it, even in this thread.

The cage thing is a muzzle as he is a MWD handler.

The suppressor does appear to be a KAC suppressor.

Originally Posted By Tmender03:

He should have known better. He already sidetracked this thread too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:09:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#38]
I don't think that can is a M4-2000. The one in the pic has less of a smooth area between the end of the knurled portion and the rear end of the can. I think it looks more like the M42K or M41K:

or the impossible MP7-SD2

Edit:

For reference, here is an M4-2000

I'd love to get AAC on the "As Seen in the Wild" list, but we have to figure out which exact model it is first.

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:19:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dog_dad] [#39]

Nice, what mount do they use when using an FDE Surefire Scout?  Just the stand scout mount?
View All Quotes

Danger Close/ Low-Pro on this dude's CQBR. Also a Danger Close/ Low-Pro handstop on there as well.

I see an ANVIS battery pack on the helmet, doesn't MARSOC use the PVS-15 instead?

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#40]
<snip>
I'd love to get AAC on the "As Seen in the Wild" list, but we have to figure out which exact model it is first.

View Quote

Doesn't matter... AAC can spotted in the wild! Put it on the chart!!! I need it on there to keep my Silver status!
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By DJ_Skinny:

Doesn't matter... AAC can spotted in the wild! Put it on the chart!!! I need it on there to keep my Silver status!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DJ_Skinny:
<snip>

It would probably be worthwhile to actually track down whether that really is an AAC can, and why it's on that rifle. Even on the Mk12 side, we tend to try and verify not just what is on the gun, but why it's there. Helps separate legit .mil gear from contractor gear or even worse Airsoft pics.

Who do we know of in .mil using an AAC can? SEALs on their HK's supposedly? What about the AAC cans that were supposed to be paired with the SCAR? In the same vein as the UBR and PRS stocks we've seen on 1 off Mk12 Mod 1's, it didn't necessarily open the floodgates to whatever stock you want. You should be able to find the pics in the wild for any divergence from off the rack specifications.

***This is coming from a guy with an AAC SPR/M4 on a Mk12, as much as I wish it were a spec can, in retrospect it ain't, nothing is changing that. If you want a clone with an AAC can, then the 10" HK416 is your huckleberry.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:43:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#42]

Originally Posted By TurbineGuy:
View All Quotes

To the tag-team that is AR-Ryan and TurbineGuy...

With all due respect, the only thing that "already sidetracked" this thread were your comments. Congratulations. And for the record, TurbineGuy - please take a look at page 605 of the Block II clone thread - the three posts at the top...

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Bury it and move on...Please.

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:53:46 PM EDT
[#43]

With all due respect, the only thing that "already sidetracked" this thread were your comments. Congratulations. And for the record, TurbineGuy - please take a look at page 605 of the Block II clone thread - the three posts at the top...

View All Quotes

You should take the petty stuff to IM.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#44]
I could be wrong, my memory is not the best these days and I don't pay that much attention to AAC cans because I have a SF. However, there was a brief discussion in the other thread regarding a unit having them, might 've been PJs, I believe pics were displayed. I can't remember the details, but it may have been during the testing/selection process when SOCOM switched to Surefire. Fans of these suppressors should go back through the thread and see if they can find it. Hope that helps
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Always liked this one:

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 11:03:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Some cool pics in this one

Day 99...

I have everything, but a stamp, and lower.  Thanks Ident
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Always liked this one:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk148/pezboytate/Firearms/mk18mod1.jpg

View Quote

One of my favorites. Several hundred pages ago in the original thread someone commented, "looks like the Viking god of ass-kicking". I fell off the couch laughing!
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 11:06:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#49]

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#50]

Originally Posted By Thunder79:
One of my favorites. Several hundred pages ago in the original thread someone commented, "looks like the Viking god of ass-kicking". I fell off the couch laughing!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Thunder79:

Always liked this one:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk148/pezboytate/Firearms/mk18mod1.jpg

Haha yes - Vikings definitely come to mind.

Beards make the weapon look that much more badass too.
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 3 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top