BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/25/2007 11:36:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scottMO]
Here's some great info on making your own Pod-Lock for the swivel style Harris Bipods.  A few months ago, I needed to outfit 4 swivel bipods and the Pod-Lock "kits" are 20.00 each + shipping on the net.  I recently followed the instructions of others and for 22.00 shipped from "T-Nuts", I converted all 4 bipods.  From most of the vendors listed below, you will need one of the "3/16th washer/spacers" (model SS1) and one "bipod lever/lock", per bipod.  (If you are converting 2 bipods, you will need 2 spacers total and 2 bipod locks/levers total, etc.).  Heck, even if you are just converting one bipod, the parts will run you a total of 5.00-8.00 + shipping.  That's still less than 1/2 of the "kit" price.  FYI- some of the vendors below use the term "spacer" or "washer".  These are interchangable as long as these are 3/16".  The same with the term bipod "lock" and bipod "lever".  I used "T-Nuts" to place my order as everything is listed on one page, but I've listed the other recommended vendors too.

T-Nuts Most people recommend the BPL-ZS (and dont forget the SS1 steel spacer).

SS1       3/16 Steel Spacers     $0.81 - $0.95    
   BPL-ZS   BPL-Metal/Stainless   $5.90 - $6.89    
   BPL-Z     BPL-Metal/Steel        $4.44 - $5.20    
   BPL-NS   BPL-Nylon/Stainless   $4.65 - $5.39    
   BPL-N     BPL-Nylon/Steel        $3.25 - $4.81  

Reid Tool - No part number to provide

McMaster Carr - Part number 64835k32 (zinc) $6 or 6305k32 (nylon) $4.

Directions for Installation - The directions seem complicated but you can install these in less than 2 minutes per bipod.

scottMO

Link Posted: 7/26/2007 12:02:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice OST
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 12:07:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been needing one of these, thanks!!!

Real quick, from T-Nuts, do I order the BPL-ZS w/1 spacer in 10-32 thread pattern?  And is that it?

Thanks again,

-X
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 12:57:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scottMO] [#3]

Originally Posted By Black-X:
I've been needing one of these, thanks!!!

Real quick, from T-Nuts, do I order the BPL-ZS w/1 spacer in 10-32 thread pattern?  And is that it?

Thanks again,

-X

I updated my orig thread.  The spacer you want/need is the one listed on the same page/link.  It's part number SS1.  If you click on the lever part number then if gets complicated as it gives you a list of steel spacers and thread pitch's, etc, and that's overkill for this application.  You could prob use one of those too, but the "SS1" works just fine....  

SS1       3/16 Steel Spacers     $0.81 - $0.95    
   BPL-ZS   BPL-Metal/Stainless   $5.90 - $6.89    
   BPL-Z     BPL-Metal/Steel        $4.44 - $5.20    
   BPL-NS   BPL-Nylon/Stainless   $4.65 - $5.39    
   BPL-N     BPL-Nylon/Steel        $3.25 - $4.81  

Link Posted: 8/1/2007 5:45:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it was the lever with the 10-32 thread pattern.  It says that you can include a 3/16th spacer for $.80 so that's what I did.  

-X
Link Posted: 12/19/2007 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks good. Has anyone tried both the plastic & metal handle versions? Wondering which would be more rugged.
Link Posted: 12/25/2007 1:26:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I have both the plastic and metal and if I had to buy any more I would just go with the plastic as they seem to be extremly strong and I havent had any issues with them.
Link Posted: 12/26/2007 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Appreciate the info!
Link Posted: 5/1/2008 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#8]
BTT for a great idea
Link Posted: 6/13/2008 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks!

I got the BPL-ZS

T-nuts shipped fast!
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 1:47:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: exocet] [#11]
AR152008 coupon code will give you 10% discount

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 12:23:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll be ordering this setup.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:40:23 AM EDT
[#13]
just got my order. for $20 I got 3 "pod locks"
10% discount for ar15.com members.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Great information!  Just placed a tiny T-Nuts order with delivery by USPS and payment via PayPal.  Total with extra spacer, so I have one to drop, less than $10.

You rock!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/24/2008 12:42:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I just found this! Sweet!

So do I select 10-32 or M6?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/24/2008 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#16]
GREAT info. I know I'll be getting a bipod for X-mas so I went ahead and ordered the goods. $11.73 delivered for mine.
Thanx again
Link Posted: 12/10/2008 6:25:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bc5000] [#17]
Got mine from T-Nuts.com. Works great.
Link Posted: 12/28/2008 1:45:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Delphi] [#18]
I ordered mine from T-nuts and they shipped the day after I placed the order. Sadly the USPS managed to eat the pod lock somehow...

I sent T-nuts an e-mail and they immediately sent me a new replacement for free which arrived within about 2 days.

Awesome service, these guys really take care of you and actually care about their customers. If I ever need anything and they have it in stock i wont hesitate to pick T-Nuts first.
Link Posted: 1/1/2009 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By exocet:

Coupon expired
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Cool
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By CarbineReloaded:
Originally Posted By exocet:

Coupon expired

Try AR152009 ;-) Its working for me
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 2:47:41 AM EDT
[#23]
kick @$$!!!
i just ordered a harris swivel for my 700 from LR.  i didn't want my AR to feel left out so i ordered it from LR to get the quick disconnect adapter.  i was bummed that LR didn't sell the pod lock and then less than a hour later... i run across this thread!
i just placed an order from t-nuts for the micro lever.  even better for me.  i didn't like the idea of that long lever sticking out.  i'll post back to when i get it in and installed.  no reason it shouldn't work.
also, it seems like all of the bipod locks on the t-nuts page include a spacer now.  

thanks scottMO, and thanks again ARFcom!!!  
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 4:42:13 AM EDT
[#24]
the micro fit like a champ.  when in the 6 o'clock position, it sticks out just as far as the folded bipod.

plenty of lever too.  i couldn't get the swivel to lock with the knurled nut.  hardly any effort with this lever and it is stiffer than the stock.
Link Posted: 3/5/2009 3:41:50 AM EDT
[#25]
got the micro and it is great! it also comes with the spacer included.
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Just wanted to say thanks for the heads up on a cheap alternative to the pod lock. I went with the micro and must say it works very very well!!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 11:46:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Does anyone know if this will work on the Caldwell copy of the Harris?
Link Posted: 6/28/2009 7:48:34 AM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By Texaspyro21:

Does anyone know if this will work on the Caldwell copy of the Harris?

I called and talked to the guy from t-nuts, andhe told me I neede the metric one for my Outers brand Harris knockoff.   That is what I got and it worked great.   Just contact them, or check the stud to see if it is metric or standard.

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks, just got my parts from T-Nuts and it all went together like a charm.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Got mine today. Shipping was extremely fast from T-nuts. I got the micro and it works great (no need to order the spacer because the micro comes with one already). Installed it in 2 minutes. Had to do a double-take to make sure I installed it right thinking that :"it can't be that easy."  But it is!
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 1:29:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Good morning all.

If any of you want the best deal on a cheap way to get this done, just cut T-Nuts out of the equation all together. They just buy the imported components and re-sell them. If you can’t afford a Pod-Loc kit, then why give them the extra money when you can cut them out all together? I mean, isn't the reason for not buying a Pod-Loc kit to save your money?

The washer T-Nuts sells is a standard electronic spacer. Country of origin unknown. It doesn’t support the bipod’s pivot rod and doesn’t shield the threads from dirt but if it suits your needs, you can get one from MSC (part#67715425) for 66 cents instead of paying $1.00 to T-Nuts. That is a 44% savings!!!!

The lever T-Nuts sells is from J.W.Winco. The lever is imported.
J.W.Winco lever

You could get a group buy direct from J.W.Winco and purchase this imported lever for about $4.00. That is a 40% savings over T-Nuts!!!!

All the other T-Nuts levers are from J.W.Winco and can be had at similar savings by going direct.

This is an exact apples to apples comparison of product for way, way less money. The T-Nuts brokered parts compared to my Pod-Loc kit is not apples to apples.

For those of you that use and abuse your Pod-Loc kits, “Thank You for your business”. We appreciate it and work hard to keep improving these kits.

Every component of the Pod-Loc is made in the U.S. They come to my shop in bulk from each manufacturer. The stainless steel parts go through a Chrome Sulphide bath at C.T.I. in Phoenix. They are then assembled with Red Loc-Tite and the threads lubricated by us right here in Forest Hill. They are then inspected and packaged with complete instructions. While I do let dealers handle the sale of these kits so I can concentrate on building rifles, KMW is the one stop place to call if you have a problem or breakage.

This is just a small kit, not a rocket guidance system, but I do take it's evolution and use serious enough to try to do it right just like the other projects at KMW.

Hope this helps. If you want cheap made and cheap price, you are silly to pay a middle man. If you want the original kit with full support from my shop, then look at the Pod-Loc. I will never frown or point a finger at someone shooting on a budget. I just want to make sure they make their purchase decisions after being informed. I hope all of you that purchase the other kit have fun and shoot safe. Maybe we can earn your business later down the road.

For more direct info you can view this page.

http://kmwlrs.com/Pod-Loc%20subpage.htm

Everybody stay safe.
Terry
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:21:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Loadthis] [#32]
Well I fell victim to being a dumbass and bought a G&P Harris "Type" HBRS Bipod thinking I was getting the real Harris at a discount. After I kicked myself I ordered the T-nuts Lever for "knockoffs" threaded in M6x1.0. I got the lever and it didn't fit. The thread is larger than the bolt on the chinese bipod. I havent sized it yet but of all the extra hardware I have laying around, nothing fits the threads on the bipod.
Just something to watch out for.
Link Posted: 1/25/2010 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Just ordered this.  Thank you for the link.  If ordering from T-nuts, use coupon code AR152010 to get 10% off
Link Posted: 4/28/2010 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#34]
I just ordered the parts from T-Nuts and used the 10% discount code, thanks! I couldn't be sure whether the micro came with the spacer (should have read the thread more closely) so I guess I am getting an extra spacer. Oh well.
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#35]
I must be the only person in here that is "rich enough" to buy the original PodLoc for $20.  

I dunno,....but I wish this thread went bye bye.  We NEED to support companies in the community that support shooters.  

The gun community is small...and one we cannot afford to have people "stealing a design" from.  Cough up the damn $20 people.  

And you wonder why people don't get in the gun business

sad to see it when we are too fucking cheap to support a company involved in the long range community.  

Go ahead...send all your cash to China....maybe when you realize how big a sucker you were buying cheap...you will learn.

geesh...should he ashamed
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By BWood:
I must be the only person in here that is "rich enough" to buy the original PodLoc for $20.  

I dunno,....but I wish this thread went bye bye.  We NEED to support companies in the community that support shooters.  

The gun community is small...and one we cannot afford to have people "stealing a design" from.  Cough up the damn $20 people.  

And you wonder why people don't get in the gun business

sad to see it when we are too fucking cheap to support a company involved in the long range community.  

Go ahead...send all your cash to China....maybe when you realize how big a sucker you were buying cheap...you will learn.

geesh...should he ashamed

You are a noble man for only buying US and supporting Terry Cross. I, however, along with many fellow members, am more concerned with saving money. It's about value. Why should I pay $20 for something I can get for $8? Saving that $12 is a bigger deal than saving $2.44 by putting together a factory direct group buy like Terry recommended. I'm sure the parts are slightly different but they serve the same purpose and no one has posted a negative review after 3 years. Why should I pay Terry $12 for putting the parts together, typing up instructions, and using US made parts? Will we notice the difference? Probably not. Buying chinese-made hardware is much different than chinese optics or knockoff LaRue mounts; optics and mounts won't perform the same while a basic non-critical non-loadbearing nut likely will.

If you sleep better at night knowing that you're "buying American" congratulations. Meanwhile the rest of us will enjoy the extra $12 in our pocket
Link Posted: 5/22/2010 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#37]
$12 is worth the innovation work that they put into it.  

Keep buying Made in China crap....when all the manufacturing jobs are gone....most likely many of the members here will be in the unemployment lines.  

This is about keeping OUR economy, and OUR society strong...by supporting those in OUR country than are innovative and bring cool products to the market.

I guess the price for selling out our country to some here is $12

Link Posted: 5/24/2010 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By BWood:
$12 is worth the innovation work that they put into it.  

Keep buying Made in China crap....when all the manufacturing jobs are gone....most likely many of the members here will be in the unemployment lines.  

This is about keeping OUR economy, and OUR society strong...by supporting those in OUR country than are innovative and bring cool products to the market.

I guess the price for selling out our country to some here is $12

It's called "free market". Should we buy from the creator of the product just because he created it, regardless of price? Support a monopoly? Nope. He can deal with competition just like every other American business does. Competition with overseas producers/copy-cats is unfortunately part of that, but that is the state of our economy for better or worse.

The vast majority of our mfg jobs ARE gone because American's as a whole are too good for them. The US has gone through the transition of being a mfg-based economy to now a service-based economy. Look at the UAU workers' salaries; more than most college grads make when UAU workers don't even need a HS diploma. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to most.

It's not about selling out, it's about being economically smart.
Link Posted: 5/29/2010 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Evidently you are not that econically smart.

McMaster Carr, MSC and J.W.Winco all carry imported parts that can be used to assemble a pseudo Pod-Loc kit.   T-Nuts and MIDWAY purchase these off the shelf imports, package them and make money off of you.

If you do not go straight to the source for those same parts and get maximum savings, how is that being econimcally smart?

If someone does not purchase a KMW kit because of financial reasons, that is cool, however it will never be because of quality, design, support or warranty deficiencies.  
I just think you look silly when you say that you dodge the original product due to cost savings (not comparing apples to apples anyway) and then you run to line up at another vendor that is charging you beyond what you should have to pay for cheap parts.  

Your logic does not shine through.

Everyone have a safe Memorial Day.
Special "Thank You" to all of our brothers and sisters that serve and have served in our military.

Terry
Link Posted: 5/29/2010 1:03:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmkrick] [#40]
Originally Posted By TerryCross:
Evidently you are not that econically economically smart.

McMaster Carr, MSC and J.W.Winco all carry imported parts that can be used to assemble a pseudo Pod-Loc kit.   T-Nuts and MIDWAY purchase these off the shelf imports, package them and make money off of you.

If you do not go straight to the source for those same parts and get maximum savings, how is that being econimcally economically smart?

If someone does not purchase a KMW kit because of financial reasons, that is cool, however it will never be because of quality, design, support or warranty deficiencies.  
I just think you look silly when you say that you dodge the original product due to cost savings (not comparing apples to apples anyway) and then you run to line up at another vendor that is charging you beyond what you should have to pay for cheap parts.  

Your logic does not shine through.

Everyone have a safe Memorial Day.
Special "Thank You" to all of our brothers and sisters that serve and have served in our military.

Terry

I have a thought on this subject. Why don't you offer the guys here a discount on your product? That way they get the "quality parts" you keep talking about and also get a good price on them.
If you are not prepared to do that then I don't see a need for any further discussion on this matter.

Link Posted: 5/29/2010 2:55:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 300ultramag] [#41]
Originally Posted By jmkrick:

I have a thought on this subject. Why don't you offer the guys here a discount on your product? That way they get the "quality parts" you keep talking about and also get a good price on them.
If you are not prepared to do that then I don't see a need for any further discussion on this matter.

Originally Posted By TerryCross:
While I do let dealers handle the sale of these kits so I can concentrate on building rifles, KMW is the one stop place to call if you have a problem or breakage.

Maybe because Terry doesn't sell them directly, if he did this it would take time away from build's so he would probably have to charge more for the kit. Furthermore as he also said his kit's use USA made parts not cheap chinese crap so there's probably not all that much room to move on these kit's. Me personally I don't see the point in being cheap to save a few bucks, it's not like we're talking a big difference in money. I know Terry's product's are not going to have a issue and should it have a issue a call to Terry and explanation would probably be all that's needed and a replacement part would be on the way to you. If you call T-nuts and say one of their chinese parts broke they are probably going to say something along the lines of "I'm sorry, I'll be glad to sell you another one".

We're talking a few bucks here people, and for that money you are getting a high quality USA made product that the company will stand behind. No brainer.
Link Posted: 5/29/2010 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Personally I could care less what he charges. I don't care that people are buying cheap parts either. I just think that all the negative comments in this thread are unnecessary.
I think that the comments come off as if you don't buy "x" product you just wasted your money on junk.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#43]
I think you and others are missing the point of my posts.  

I have decided to offer a kit with domestic origins. I do this knowing full well that the final street price will be more expensive than if I used imported components.
Members of this forum have decided that they prefer to purchase a less expensive version of our kit based purely on price even though the kits are not the same.
Now my point was that if they are making their decision solely on how much money they have to pay, then why on earth would they not spend the extra minute to go all the way to the original import source and cut out T-Nuts and MidWay?  

If my kit is $20 and the import kits are $12.00, then why would anyone not want the same $12.00 kit for $6.50?

You ask about me dropping the price of my kit and therefore my margin without even flinching,  but you take no steps to encourage the same forum audience to cut out the margin of the import parts alltogether.
It makes no sense.

As to the tone of some posts on this thread, I have not conducted myself in a disrespectful manner or been negative toward any other product.  I have only come to this site to attempt some balance and bring information that others may not have the complete of this story.  If any of my own posts were taken as negative, I apologize.  Only facts were posted.  Additionally, I never said anyone was wasting their money.  In this instance, you get what you pay for and some are OK with a cheap price vs. performance trade off.  I'm cool with that also, so I hope you are not referring to my comments as the negative ones.

Everyone have a safe holiday.  
PS:  Yes, my spelling sucks sometimes when I'm trying to get my fingers on the tiny BlackBerry buttons.

I
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone had any 'performance' issues with either the PodLoc or the T-nuts lock?

Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#45]
I can tell you right away that there have been recent performance issues with our own Pod-Loc kits.
We had about 5000 levers (not the assembly, but just the synthetic lever without internals) made to our specs that came in without the 30% glass fill in the nylon.   We had no way of knowing until our breakage rate went from 1 every 3 months to 2 dozen in a 4 week period.

We immediately quit shipping kits to the dealers and started a list for those that experienced failures so that we could ship the newly corrected parts.  Public service type announcements were made at several locations including here:    http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1718742&page=1

For those of you not wanting to visit another forum, the contents of the announcement are pasted below:
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-
Good morning all.

I wanted to post this note to give any potential new users and existing users of our Pod-Loc kits a public notice of an issue that we have found with our kits.

I have written and forwarded this letter to our dealer/distributor network to let them know about this issue and to help them be prepared for a hopefully short lived supply problem. I am sharing it with you on this forum so that the facts are in place ahead of any misplaced conclusions that may be forwarded on the internet by well meaning people with too much time on their hands. The body of the letter is quoted here:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
3/19/2009

TO: Purchasing and Marketing Dept.
**All distributors of the KMW Pod-Loc kit

RE: Temporary disruption in supply of new kit orders

First off, I would like to thank you and your establishment for your business and your patience with us as we have grown and evolved the Pod-Loc kit for Harris S Model bipods. While building rifles is our core business, I do take this kit and all other KMW products seriously when it comes to quality and value.

Early development and testing proved that we should use a synthetic lever on this assembly. Metal levers can result in bent or broken Harris bipods if subjected to impacts or snags when moving. We have had very good luck with this strategy in the past with an average of only 1 breakage per 3000 kits sold.

However, in the last 6 months we started to see a large increase in reported breakages. The specified material is 30% glass reinforced nylon but speculation is that there was a large batch of levers shipped to us without that reinforced material. Visually the material looks the same either way. This is not the first quality issue we have seen from this supplier and delivery has always been randomly late.

While this is not a high tech kit, it is used on many U.S. Military and L.E. rifles as well as friendly countries abroad. Due to the serious scenarios that this simple product can find its way into, I feel that we cannot chance sending out any additional kits that may have flaws leading to unacceptable failures in the field.

Effective immediately, I have put all new Pod-Loc orders on hold and we are destroying all levers sent from our last supply so they cannot accidently get into circulation. I am spending $12,800.00 on a new injection mold to be used at a U.S. supplier in Idaho. The new levers will use the same material as used in Glock frames and similar military grade synthetic items. The new levers will be quickly identifiable with the addition of “KMW” and “made in U.S.A.” lettering molded into the surface.

I have been told that we can expect our first supply of levers in 6-7 weeks. Upon receipt of the new levers, I will shut down all rifle production at KMW to concentrate on filling all Pod-Loc backorders. Estimated time to ship all backorders will be 72 hrs after receipt of the levers. Pricing of the updated kits will not be affected as I will absorb the cost of the new tooling into our other business operations.

I will continue to accept and track any incoming dealer/distributor orders and they will be shipped on a first in, first out order upon resumption of the kits being assembled here.  
I very much understand that this will cause inconveniences for you and your customers. Under the circumstances, I feel that this is the only ethical and moral way to handle the issue. I can assure you that it will be inconvenient for KMW as well.

It is my sincere wish that this change in our supply will result in KMW being able to supply a superior product and do so without the delivery issues that we have experienced in the past.  
If you would like more information regarding this kit and its history, please visit this web page: http://www.kmwlrs.com/Pod-Loc%20subpage.htm

If you have any additional questions regarding this letter, and the issues addressed, do not hesitate to contact me directly.  
We really do appreciate your business and hope that we will come out of this problem with improved quality and delivery. Thanks in advance for your patience and your understanding.

Best regards,
Terry Cross
Owner, KMW
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> End of Letter. .
_
In the mean time, if you have any problems with your Pod-Loc kit, please email me direct ( [email protected] ) for a replacement. A new lever will be sent at no charge from my remaining stock of parts and should get you back up and running for the time being.

Once the new levers are in house and assembled, we can then offer the new part. I am also redesigning the internals of this kit and integrating the dust shield spacer into the splined insert. All upgrades will be phased in over the next 6 months.

The Pod-Loc kit is made up of 5 components. Each component is made in the U.S. to my specs. All metal parts are stainless steel with Chrome Sulphide bath. Even the metal insert that is molded into the levers is machined stainless. Each component is shipped in bulk to KMW. Every kit is assembled with red LocTite 268 and then the inside of the 10-32 female thread is coated with Anti-Seize thread lubricant. Each kit is packaged with detailed instructions and carefully packed for shipment to the distributor.

The Pod-Loc is the original Harris –S locking kit and is the only one that is made in the U.S.
Thanks in advance for reading this notice. Your business and your patience with us during this growing pain is appreciated.

Everyone have a safe weekend.

Terry
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

We have been supporting the users and standing behind our product for the last 12 years.  This has been the most expensive error yet but one that will make these kits better in the long run because we have a tighter control of the custom  molded levers.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#46]
I have to admit that I have not seen any of the T-Nuts or Midway kits break.

However, I have had dozens of reports where those kits have broken the Harris bipods.
Basically, they do not support the threaded rod (pivot rod) against lateral impacts.  Especially the kits that insist on using a metal lever and just a washer or electronic standoff for a spacer seem to be the biggest culprits.  We learned this lesson during product development in 1999/2000 and designed the parts to work properly under hard use.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 10:34:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Good Info.  I highly recommend T-Nuts.  I ordered from them after reading this.  The guy was super helpful and shipped my stuff that day.  Did two bipods for $22 shipped.  I went with the micro as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#48]
I just installed a Pod-Lock last night and did some field testing today. Easy to install, good looking,and stout. Best of all it does say USA, and that does make me feel good, because I know it is quality. Most important of all, when I lay my head down at night, I can say that I did not help cut our own throats to save a few bucks. You do it your way, I'll do it mine.
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 4:04:38 PM EDT
[#49]
i have a podlok, the midway alpha bravo, and now this tlock stainless/metal version...............well...they all work identically in my use.   if someone wants to pay MORE money for the same stuff....go for it, but I'm more fiscally wise than that.  I like your stocks Terry, a lot, but the podlock just IS NOT worth that much more money.   I honestly could care less if something is made in the US or not...that doesn't mean better quality anymore...usually it means worse.   And as for putting money into US workers hands...well, until the US learns that being overpaid and underworked is NOT a sustainable way of life or how to do business, US quality will continue to plummet while cost increases.
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 9:55:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By roberthd81:
i have a podlok, the midway alpha bravo, and now this tlock stainless/metal version...............well...they all work identically in my use.   if someone wants to pay MORE money for the same stuff....go for it, but I'm more fiscally wise than that.  I like your stocks Terry, a lot, but the podlock just IS NOT worth that much more money.   I honestly could care less if something is made in the US or not...that doesn't mean better quality anymore...usually it means worse.   And as for putting money into US workers hands...well, until the US learns that being overpaid and underworked is NOT a sustainable way of life or how to do business, US quality will continue to plummet while cost increases.

Wow really , I'd much rather buy everything made in the US if possible.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top