Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2018 12:50:13 PM EDT
Are the Magpul mags made especially for the 300aac worth it or even needed? I have 6 new black Hexmags to save for my dedicated 5.56. Was thinking about going ODG Magpul furniture on the 300aac but Magpul only makes the 300aac in black. As a safety measure, I'd like different colors for each caliber.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 10:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
ODG Pmags have been discontinued for a long time now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I know, the issues people have with 5.56 mags, is with heavy subs and full mags.

Correct?

Iv never had a issue, but Iv been using M3 20rd  mags.

I did pick up 2 of the 300 blk mags just to see and they do UNLOAD smoother. (With subs)
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By EMT-4607:
Are the Magpul mags made especially for the 300aac worth it or even needed? I have 6 new black Hexmags to save for my dedicated 5.56. Was thinking about going ODG Magpul furniture on the 300aac but Magpul only makes the 300aac in black. As a safety measure, I'd like different colors for each caliber.
View Quote
My thoughts:
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 12:28:43 AM EDT
[#5]
They aren’t essential but they definitely are good to go if you go that route. I got a few just because and I like them, though I’ve never had any issues running any type of 300 ammo whether it be sub or super in my normal pmags.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 12:24:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I will buy a couple of PMAGs in 300 BLK when they produce a 20rd magazine. Much more practical than a 30rd. Please?
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 7:56:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rover4444] [#8]
Originally Posted By Mrgunsngear:
Originally Posted By EMT-4607:
View Quote

My thoughts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UwILeYXZlI
View Quote

The video was deleted. What was your overall assessment?
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#9]
for subs you are absolutely going to want 300blk specific mags. they get rid of an internal nub on both sides of the mag that is found on 5.56 mags. supers you can get away with it more since there isnt as much bullet protrusion.

i dont like that the magpul 300blk mags are VERY similar in overall size/shape/texture. if you pick them up in the dark, there is a good chance that you wont be able to immediately figure out what mag is really in your hand. its just going to feel like a pmag. for that reason alone, i use lancer 300bk specific mags. they also get rid of the internal nub.

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mesooohoppy:
for subs you are absolutely going to want 300blk specific mags. they get rid of an internal nub on both sides of the mag that is found on 5.56 mags. supers you can get away with it more since there isnt as much bullet protrusion.

i dont like that the magpul 300blk mags are VERY similar in overall size/shape/texture. if you pick them up in the dark, there is a good chance that you wont be able to immediately figure out what mag is really in your hand. its just going to feel like a pmag. for that reason alone, i use lancer 300bk specific mags. they also get rid of the internal nub.

View Quote

I’m probably one of the only people in this group that only owns 300 BLK ARs. 😳

I have a lot of 5.56 military surplus magazines, but rarely use them. I bought enough 300 BLK Pmags that they are all I use. That said, I had no idea the 300 BLK magazine was any different than the 5.56 NATO. Good to know.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top