AR Sponsor
Posted: 9/21/2025 6:24:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MHeemeyer][Edited]
|
I have been using the McFadden Machine Lightnin’ Grip Loader for a bit of time and I can't stand the thing. It constantly feels like it is going to break and it has a few times. I've replaced it twice. YMMV. Guess I have become so used to the solid feel of the MagLULA for loading everything else. Found a possible alternative with the Hilljak CMMG 22LR Bravo Magazine Loader Speed Loader, but in the description says it is designed to exclusively fit the new, wider CMMG .22lr M4 mags. With the popularity of the 22lr M4 platform, someone has to making a quasi-MagLULA for these mags. Anyone come across anything? ETA - I am currently using Black Dog Machine mags |
Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things.
Joined:
Aug 2024
Posts:
173
EE: 0% (0)
|
Loader I use this for my CMMG and BDM mags. I hated the McFadden loader. |
|
I use this. It’s only $4.00. Works great. Might as well pick up a few mags while you’re at it. https://armsunlimited.com/speed-loader-for-22lr-conversion-kit-magazine/ I have the McFadden loader also. I don’t use it anymore.I don’t like how it puts a lot of pressure on the bullet. I’ve seen bullets get deformed from trying to squeeze the last few rounds in. The more concerning part is the possibility of bullet set back. Another con is it to dam big of a contraption to take with you to the range. When I was using it, it was relegated to loading at home before heading out. |
I'm not lazy, I just really enjoy doing nothing.
Joined:
Mar 2019
Posts:
14292
EE: 100% (17)
|
Originally Posted By BoomBoom: I use this. It’s only $4.00. Works great. Might as well pick up a few mags while you’re at it. https://armsunlimited.com/speed-loader-for-22lr-conversion-kit-magazine/ I have the McFadden loader also. I don’t use it anymore.I don’t like how it puts a lot of pressure on the bullet. I’ve seen bullets get deformed from trying to squeeze the last few rounds in. The more concerning part is the possibility of bullet set back. Another con is it to dam big of a contraption to take with you to the range. When I was using it, it was relegated to loading at home before heading out. I don't think you need to worry about 22lr bullet setback. |
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.
|
Ive loaded thousands and thousands of rounds using the. McFadden. Never an issue. Yes it's sloppy and flimsy. I definitely wish it was made more solidly. Im on my second one. I had to replace the screws with 6-32 bolts once. I spray the inside with silicone lube. It helps. I use it for.my tx22 and P322 as well. But yes I want something built better. |
| Black Dog used to make a modified Butler Creek loader that had a AR mag well. I'm not that talented but made one work with a bit of plywood and Gorilla glue. After modding the Butler Creek so the AR mag would fit in there |
valheru21:"The argument, "this gun won't go down in value," is used to convince the wife that you are not making a bad financial decision when purchasing a firearm. You're not ACTUALLY supposed to ever sell the gun."
Matt
Matt
|
These from Black Dog work fine. The only thing I might change is a bright color option. Looking for them wastes range time. Attached File |
Gang rape is democracy in action.
AR Sponsor