Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2024 8:36:09 PM EDT
So I was able to get the Jakle out this evening and put 120 rounds of Armscor 223 62gr FMJ through it.  

The first 30 were unsuppressed with the gas knob at the 12 o'clock position.  Was able to get most the way through the mag with no issues.. there were a few failures but I chalk that up to being new.  By the end of the first 30 rounds it seemed to shoot fine.  

Next I attached my AAC 762SDN-6 and turned the gas down one click.  Fired a few more rounds and had a few more malfunctions.  It seemed to be catching the empty case as the bolt moved forward with the new round (some what of a stovepipe) Twice that I recall it caught the empty case between the face of the bolt carrier and the front of the ejection port with the bullet end of the case facing rearward.  I am assuming it was overgassed and outrunning the ejecting round.  I do like the forward charging handle!  Was a good opportunity to practice malfunction drills.  The brass seemed to fall almost at my feet where when unsuppressed it slung the brass to my 4-5 o'clock position.

On the next mag I turned it down one more notch and I felt like it was sluggish cycling and caught more brass... I had to remove the magazine to preform remedial action...  

I didn't try it on the fourth position but next time I will.  

Any thoughts or insights are greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks...
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
A couple pieces of the brass that got stuck in the ejection port....

Untitled by sky_soldier_82nd, on Flickr

This is the front of the ejection port....

Link Posted: 1/8/2024 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s good 3000+ FPS ammo, maybe it just needs a few hundred more rounds break in there.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Atropian_Defector:
That's good 3000+ FPS ammo, maybe it just needs a few hundred more rounds break in there.
View Quote
Yea I'm not passing judgement off the first 120 by any means... I love the way it feels for sure!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I just test fired a jakl.
It has a 8 position gas block.
Looking at the dial from the front.
Turning it all the way counter clockwise (lefty loosy) is position 1.
All the way clockwise (righty tighty) is 8.

It shot perfectly at position 7.
So almost fully open.
I did not shoot it suppressed.
I did oil and grease it extensively as well.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 9:11:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wparkinson] [#5]
I just took my gas plug out and it is only a 4 position.... hmmm...(edit to add pic)

Link Posted: 1/8/2024 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought I heard they are supposed to have 8 positions on that knob. Mine that just arrived last week only has 4. Even the second knob that it came with still only has 4. Looked like a loose 4 compared to a tighter 4 IMO though. I thought one would have been the 8 position.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 10:16:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brent31] [#7]
You have the old system, one of your plugs should be for suppressor use.

https://youtu.be/pI5uPKpwZoo?feature=shared

see this thread

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Extra-Suppressor-Plug-In-The-Box/129-772991/?page=1&anc=bottom#bottom
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 6:27:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brent31:
You have the old system, one of your plugs should be for suppressor use.

https://youtu.be/pI5uPKpwZoo?feature=shared

see this thread

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Extra-Suppressor-Plug-In-The-Box/129-772991/?page=1&anc=bottom#bottom
View Quote
I don't believe mine is the old style since it has the plunger to prevent over rotation of the gas plug.  I only got a single plug.  There was a baggie in the box with an extra detent but no extra plug.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#9]
The newest style has 8 positions, may want to call psa to get the suppressor plug
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine came with 2, one has an "S" stamped on it but both have only 4 positions.

Link Posted: 2/12/2024 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got a 13.7" Jakl with the extended top rail and handguard... it has a "caged" gas plug. I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet, but it only came with the plug installed in the rifle.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top