Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2018 1:49:35 PM EDT
My google FU has been lacking as of recent. I'm looking for 5.56 caliber charts for XM193 or XM855, zero'd for 25 Meters and their drop trajectory from a 10.5" barrel. If anyone has a link I'd be appreciative!
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Quick research shows 2755 fps from 10.5" barrel. I found a calculator and changed velocity to 2755 and zero to 25 yards and it gave me a chart.
http://www.shooterscalculator.com/ballistic-trajectory-chart.php?t=d6b60069

50 yard zero is my preference.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quick research shows 2755 fps from 10.5" barrel. I found a calculator and changed velocity to 2755 and zero to 25 yards and it gave me a chart.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/451123/image-447178.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/451123/image-447180.JPG
View Quote
great graphic for the difference between 25yrd and 50yrd zero.
Thanks
SS33
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/451123/image-447178.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/451123/image-447180.JPG
View Quote
I really appreciate that Bashby! I much prefer the 50 yard zero to the 25 yard but I can't get to the outdoor range to zero at 50 for some time it's looking like. Thanks again bro!
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I really appreciate that Bashby! I much prefer the 50 yard zero to the 25 yard but I can't get to the outdoor range to zero at 50 for some time it's looking like. Thanks again bro!
View Quote
If you sight it to shhot about 1" low at 25 it should be pretty close at 50.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

great graphic for the difference between 25yrd and 50yrd zero.
Thanks
SS33
View Quote
I think you can do overlay charts on that site I linked.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#6]
25 meters. LOL
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
25 meters. LOL
View Quote
Forgive me Mr. Fudd for wanting to know an approximate hold over/under at range... Maybe if I was a Space Capsule Door Gunner like you were during the Apollo Missions with Buzz Aldrin I'd have it all figured out too...
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's you a chart I did out to 50 yards in 5 yard increments. 25 yard zero w/ optic 2.6" above bore center-line as indicated in the above graph.

Link Posted: 2/13/2018 3:28:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here's you a chart I did out to 50 yards in 5 yard increments. 25 yard zero w/ optic 2.6" above bore center-line as indicated in the above graph.

https://i.imgur.com/cpQPmbv.jpg
View Quote
another good chart.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/cpQPmbv.jpg
View Quote
Total badass! Thank you Logan10! Many thanks...
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#11]
You bet. Please understand the results of these charts and graphs are decent but by no means near-perfect.  But they should definitely be good enough to jump-start your zeroing and comparative analysis of your individual weapon poa / poi as compared to the data. Even using the freebie Shooters Calculator, I find it to be pretty darn good. Perhaps I missed it. Is your optic 2.5 / 2.6 inches above center-bore? Is your ammunition (55gr?) the same?
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 7:28:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You bet. Please understand the results of these charts and graphs are decent but by no means near-perfect.  But they should definitely be good enough jump-start your zeroing and comparative analysis of your individual weapon poa / poi as compared to the data. Even using the freebie Shooters Calculator, I find it be pretty darn good. Perhaps I missed it. Is your optic 2.5 / 2.6 inches above center-bore? Is your ammunition (55gr?) the same?
View Quote
Its the Vortex Spitfire 3x Magnification and I believe it's 2.5 inches above bore. Ammo is Federal XM-193 and all from the same lot. I got lucky and was able to buy multiple cases of it for cheap during an SG ammo sale years ago. So even though it's XM-193 ammo... it's rather consistent for what it is. And this 10.5 just seems to really like it so for now it's what I'm using to get it dialed in. This was my second group before I got the optic really tuned in @ 25 meters... Heading out to see what it can do @ 200 in March...

ETA: forgot to add pics...

Link Posted: 2/15/2018 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
25 meters. LOL
View Quote
And?
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I picked up 200 rounds today of Hornady 75 grain Steel Match rounds to play with after I get it dialed in @ 200 meters with the XM-193 during my March outdoors shoot trip @ Riverbend Gun Club. I'm going to keep it set up/targeted for the XM-193; as that is what I have a good bit of and what this 10.5" barrel likes. I know there is going to be a hold over for the 75 grain Hornady's for sure especially at 200 meters... I'm looking forward learning the sweet spot/hold over, seeing and getting used to shooting both 55 and 75 grain ammo at range. I'm printing trajectory charts from the online trajectory websights that Bashby and Logan10 referenced. Thanks again fellas! This is my first AR with a barrel shorter than 14.5 inches and I'm really digging the concept!
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad to have helped a little. Nice lookin' weapon. I need to get (want to get actually) some heavier stuff for my 8.5". After seeing your coffee pot in the corner, I'm headed to the kitchen. If you need anything else, just holler.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Glad to have helped a little. Nice lookin' weapon. I need to get (want to get actually) some heavier stuff for my 8.5". After seeing your coffee pot in the corner, I'm headed to the kitchen. If you need anything else, just holler.
View Quote
Thanks again Logan and others in this thread for your help. This 10.5" pistol is surprisingly accurate @ 200 yards and almost video game accurate at closer distances... I should have built a 10.5" years ago! 10 different kinds of ammo were used and all performed stellar; certainly no malfunctions of any kind either. With the sun setting I noticed the Smith Vortex flash suppressor dissipated about 95% of muzzle flash of which was surprising to me using Federal XM-193 ammo. It's truly an amazingly designed flash suppressor! With the help I received from you guys it made for an accurate paper and gong thumpin' day; lots of fellow shooters were asking all kinds of questions and were plesantly surprised at the results of a 10.5" barreled AR with just a 3x magnification Spitfire optic.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thanks again Logan and others in this thread for your help. This 10.5" pistol is surprisingly accurate @ 200 yards and almost video game accurate at closer distances... I should have built a 10.5" years ago! 10 different kinds of ammo were used and all performed stellar; certainly no malfunctions of any kind either. With the sun setting I noticed the Smith Vortex flash suppressor dissipated about 95% of muzzle flash of which was surprising to me using Federal XM-193 ammo. It's truly an amazingly designed flash suppressor! With the help I received from you guys it made for an accurate paper and gong thumpin' day; lots of fellow shooters were asking all kinds of questions and were plesantly surprised at the results of a 10.5" barreled AR with just a 3x magnification Spitfire optic.
View Quote
More than welcome. Here's a free 30-day trial calculator with a much, much nicer graph. The chart is good too. Small learning curve but sure you can handle it. https://oehler-research.com/ballistics-explorer/
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Bashby... I'm happy to report that the chart you posted for the 25 yard zero, with IMI XM-193, from a 10.5" barrel is damned close... to almost dead on in its trajectory... I really appreciate you and Logan10 and others for your help. It really makes for a nice day; right out of the Pistol's Hard-Case! I've never been into magnified optics before this years birthday... but at 40years young a 3x optic is much enjoyed @ 100 meters, very appreciated @ 200 meters, and a necessity at 250+ meters for this "Old Man!" And listening to the "Fudd's" ohhh and ahhh at the report of a steel gong @ 300 meters with a 10.5" barreled pistol is exhilarating! I'd like to think it opened a few minds up to the application of a PDW other than just being a close quarters rig...
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Bashby... I'm happy to report that the chart you posted for the 25 yard zero, with IMI XM-193, from a 10.5" barrel is damned close... to almost dead on in its trajectory... I really appreciate you and Logan10 and others for your help. It really makes for a nice day; right out of the Pistol's Hard-Case! I've never been into magnified optics before this years birthday... but at 40years young a 3x optic is much enjoyed @ 100 meters, very appreciated @ 200 meters, and a necessity at 250+ meters for this "Old Man!" And listening to the "Fudd's" ohhh and ahhh at the report of a steel gong @ 300 meters with a 10.5" barreled pistol is exhilarating! I'd like to think it opened a few minds up to the application of a PDW other than just being a close quarters rig...
View Quote
I think you have it figured out Kid.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top