AR Sponsor
Posted: 2/9/2018 1:49:35 PM EDT
| My google FU has been lacking as of recent. I'm looking for 5.56 caliber charts for XM193 or XM855, zero'd for 25 Meters and their drop trajectory from a 10.5" barrel. If anyone has a link I'd be appreciative! |
|
Quick research shows 2755 fps from 10.5" barrel. I found a calculator and changed velocity to 2755 and zero to 25 yards and it gave me a chart.
http://www.shooterscalculator.com/ballistic-trajectory-chart.php?t=d6b60069 50 yard zero is my preference. Attached File Attached File |
|
Quoted:
Quick research shows 2755 fps from 10.5" barrel. I found a calculator and changed velocity to 2755 and zero to 25 yards and it gave me a chart. http://www.shooterscalculator.com/ballistic-trajectory-chart.php?t=d6b60069 50 yard zero is my preference. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/451123/image-447178.JPG https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/451123/image-447180.JPG Thanks SS33 ![]()
|
|
Quoted:
Quick research shows 2755 fps from 10.5" barrel. I found a calculator and changed velocity to 2755 and zero to 25 yards and it gave me a chart. http://www.shooterscalculator.com/ballistic-trajectory-chart.php?t=d6b60069 50 yard zero is my preference. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/451123/image-447178.JPG https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/451123/image-447180.JPG |
|
Quoted: I really appreciate that Bashby! I much prefer the 50 yard zero to the 25 yard but I can't get to the outdoor range to zero at 50 for some time it's looking like. Thanks again bro! |
|
Quoted:
Here's you a chart I did out to 50 yards in 5 yard increments. 25 yard zero w/ optic 2.6" above bore center-line as indicated in the above graph. https://i.imgur.com/cpQPmbv.jpg |
|
Quoted:
Here's you a chart I did out to 50 yards in 5 yard increments. 25 yard zero w/ optic 2.6" above bore center-line as indicated in the above graph. https://i.imgur.com/cpQPmbv.jpg |
| You bet. Please understand the results of these charts and graphs are decent but by no means near-perfect. But they should definitely be good enough to jump-start your zeroing and comparative analysis of your individual weapon poa / poi as compared to the data. Even using the freebie Shooters Calculator, I find it to be pretty darn good. Perhaps I missed it. Is your optic 2.5 / 2.6 inches above center-bore? Is your ammunition (55gr?) the same? |
| I picked up 200 rounds today of Hornady 75 grain Steel Match rounds to play with after I get it dialed in @ 200 meters with the XM-193 during my March outdoors shoot trip @ Riverbend Gun Club. I'm going to keep it set up/targeted for the XM-193; as that is what I have a good bit of and what this 10.5" barrel likes. I know there is going to be a hold over for the 75 grain Hornady's for sure especially at 200 meters... I'm looking forward learning the sweet spot/hold over, seeing and getting used to shooting both 55 and 75 grain ammo at range. I'm printing trajectory charts from the online trajectory websights that Bashby and Logan10 referenced. Thanks again fellas! This is my first AR with a barrel shorter than 14.5 inches and I'm really digging the concept! |
|
Quoted:
Glad to have helped a little. Nice lookin' weapon. I need to get (want to get actually) some heavier stuff for my 8.5". After seeing your coffee pot in the corner, I'm headed to the kitchen. If you need anything else, just holler. |
|
Quoted: Thanks again Logan and others in this thread for your help. This 10.5" pistol is surprisingly accurate @ 200 yards and almost video game accurate at closer distances... I should have built a 10.5" years ago! 10 different kinds of ammo were used and all performed stellar; certainly no malfunctions of any kind either. With the sun setting I noticed the Smith Vortex flash suppressor dissipated about 95% of muzzle flash of which was surprising to me using Federal XM-193 ammo. It's truly an amazingly designed flash suppressor! With the help I received from you guys it made for an accurate paper and gong thumpin' day; lots of fellow shooters were asking all kinds of questions and were plesantly surprised at the results of a 10.5" barreled AR with just a 3x magnification Spitfire optic. |
| Bashby... I'm happy to report that the chart you posted for the 25 yard zero, with IMI XM-193, from a 10.5" barrel is damned close... to almost dead on in its trajectory... I really appreciate you and Logan10 and others for your help. It really makes for a nice day; right out of the Pistol's Hard-Case! I've never been into magnified optics before this years birthday... but at 40years young a 3x optic is much enjoyed @ 100 meters, very appreciated @ 200 meters, and a necessity at 250+ meters for this "Old Man!" And listening to the "Fudd's" ohhh and ahhh at the report of a steel gong @ 300 meters with a 10.5" barreled pistol is exhilarating! I'd like to think it opened a few minds up to the application of a PDW other than just being a close quarters rig... |
|
Quoted:
Bashby... I'm happy to report that the chart you posted for the 25 yard zero, with IMI XM-193, from a 10.5" barrel is damned close... to almost dead on in its trajectory... I really appreciate you and Logan10 and others for your help. It really makes for a nice day; right out of the Pistol's Hard-Case! I've never been into magnified optics before this years birthday... but at 40years young a 3x optic is much enjoyed @ 100 meters, very appreciated @ 200 meters, and a necessity at 250+ meters for this "Old Man!" And listening to the "Fudd's" ohhh and ahhh at the report of a steel gong @ 300 meters with a 10.5" barreled pistol is exhilarating! I'd like to think it opened a few minds up to the application of a PDW other than just being a close quarters rig... |
AR Sponsor
Join the Community
Your next conversation starts here.
Create your free account to join discussions, share your experience, save topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.
- Join discussions
- Follow topics and replies
- Connect with fellow enthusiasts
Already a member? Sign in
Stay informed by subscribing to our Newsletter





