Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
AR Sponsor
Previous Page
/ 21
Next Page
9/5/2017 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Quoted:

Yes. From the days when "must retain the outward appearance of the standard service rifle" was more strict.

There's a few manufacturers with slight variations. There's about 0.125" of room around an HBAR.

FF tube.
View Quote
Been looking for one of these for a carbine model though.  Do you happen to know if they made anything like this?
9/5/2017 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
Quoted:

Been looking for one of these for a carbine model though.  Do you happen to know if they made anything like this?
View Quote
I don't know of any that are carbine length. Got a saw and welder?

WOA had midlength tubes.
9/5/2017 11:42:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quote History
Quoted:

I don't know of any that are carbine length. Got a saw and welder?

WOA had midlength tubes.
View Quote
I'm not afraid of a saw but I have no business behind a welder.
9/6/2017 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#4]
9/8/2017 5:33:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Quoted:
I guess you never got the memo... photobucket doesn't work anymore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't rock this setup for very long because I'm weak and thought the rifle was too bulky and heavy.  Wish I had better pics.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah281/THEdtw/20170418_101010_zps41tyyt6o.jpg

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah281/THEdtw/20170520_202856_zps6yuwwwqr.jpg
I guess you never got the memo... photobucket doesn't work anymore.
Ha!  That I did not.  I also don't have the required number of posts for pics.



9/8/2017 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quick question. how do you install the rail with a pinned fsb? I understand how when the bottom of the handguard is cut out as well as the top, but a few of these have the bottom intact.
9/8/2017 11:40:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Quoted:
Quick question. how do you install the rail with a pinned fsb? I understand how when the bottom of the handguard is cut out as well as the top, but a few of these have the bottom intact.
View Quote
All but the DD rails are two piece (Centurion, MI, Troy) .  DD RIS requires a more delicate touch and patience and there are custom DIY rails in here that fit the DD category...
9/9/2017 7:11:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Quoted:
Quick question. how do you install the rail with a pinned fsb? I understand how when the bottom of the handguard is cut out as well as the top, but a few of these have the bottom intact.
View Quote
The 2 piece rails can kind of move up out of the way to get access. 1 piece rails usually have holes that line up with the pins. You can't use a FSB block like you normally would  but rather have to have the end of the barrel on a block and the receiver on another. Some people might be using set screw or clamp on FSBs.
9/21/2017 3:23:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Attached File


Cat's always in the way

Been searching for a Carbine FF RAS for a while and probably overpaid for it, but happiness has no cost
9/21/2017 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#10]
My last FSP FF setup.  This is old school circa 2010 or so...

Attached File
9/22/2017 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/455660/IMG_7807-312907.JPG

Cat's always in the way

Been searching for a Carbine FF RAS for a while and probably overpaid for it, but happiness has no cost
View Quote
Nice! I wanted one of those for my 11.5” SBR. Wasn’t willing to shell out the money. 
9/23/2017 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Quoted:
Nice! I wanted one of those for my 11.5” SBR. Wasn’t willing to shell out the money. 
View Quote
For the money, you can get so much more, but I had to have it -_-  I found a medium length RAS the week before and was not expecting to find the short one a week later. My girlfriend would lose her damn mind if she truly knew how much this hobby costs haha
9/24/2017 12:32:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Attached File
Attached File
10/1/2017 12:24:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Quoted:


Hello GripStop.
View Quote
It’s not even the cool one -___-
10/1/2017 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Quoted:
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l136/xprocharged/IMG_20150711_204819.jpg

That particular fixed FSB BCM is my wife's, which she used to shoot all the time. She has since moved on to a 10.5 PSA CHF upper that she now uses for her HD gun. I also have a standard 6920 that I'm getting ready to have the barrel chopped and will probably go with a C4 carbine cutout rail, but that's gonna be down the road a little.
View Quote
Nice.
I have a basic BCM middy with regular handguards that has been on backup duty since forever. I am really wanting to install a new set of BCM rail or mlok handguards to modernize the upper a bit.
10/9/2017 12:53:05 AM EDT
[#17]
https://ibb.co/f3vOow

Kimda considering swapping out the 14.7 for a 16 inch barrel.

Possibly even a flip up gas block sight.
10/9/2017 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#18]
10/10/2017 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Attached File
10/10/2017 7:09:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks to photobucket here is my A2 SBR again.


10/11/2017 1:53:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Pezboy What fsb is that?
10/11/2017 3:13:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Quoted:
Thanks to photobucket here is my A2 SBR again.


https://i.redd.it/suxy26pytwhz.jpg
View Quote
I’ve always had a soft spot for the SIR rails. I used to airsoft a lot growing up and one of my best friend’s M4s had the SIR with the full length top rail. I miss those days :/
10/11/2017 3:14:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Quoted:
Pezboy What fsb is that?
View Quote
Not Pezboy, but it looks like the ARMS 41b.
10/11/2017 8:41:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Quoted:
Not Pezboy, but it looks like the ARMS 41b.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pezboy What fsb is that?
Not Pezboy, but it looks like the ARMS 41b.
Yep, #41 B-L-P. It is a little bigger than a standard FSB near the taper pins and had to be fitted.
10/11/2017 11:47:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Attached File
Couple setupsAttached File
10/12/2017 12:34:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
That's one sick SBR.. Absolutely love the Carbine FF RAS. Beautifully executed..
10/12/2017 2:52:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Quoted:





That's one sick SBR.. Absolutely love the Carbine FF RAS. Beautifully executed..
View Quote
Thank you very much! As long as you don’t see the Anderson roll marks on the other side, we’re all good :p
10/25/2017 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Are there any good options for m-lok handguards with carbine length FSB?
10/25/2017 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Quoted:
Are there any good options for m-lok handguards with carbine length FSB?
View Quote
Geissele Mk8 or Mk14 7“?
11/5/2017 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#30]
A lil added C4 FSP Love updated...............Just needs a SSA-E





14.5" Colt Socom with Adco Spacer and A2 FH
11/7/2017 8:56:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Quoted:
A lil added C4 FSP Love updated...............Just needs a SSA-E


https://i.imgur.com/LB4Fhnw.jpg?1


14.5" Colt Socom with Adco Spacer and A2 FH
View Quote
Love the FSP C4. Centurion Arms just did a limited run of these a few months ago. They actually still have 41 in stock on their site. I'm told when this inventory is exhausted, the next run will include a modification to reduce the size of the from sight "pocket". This will eliminate the gap in front of the FSB. I am holding out for the next batch. Will provide updates as I receive them.
11/7/2017 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#32]
https://flic.kr/p/GjGoAn

My first AR pistol that I built sometime last year.
12/5/2017 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Attached File


13.4" FSB barrel with an M4A1 RIS II FSP.
12/5/2017 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138579/_20171205_141227-381898.JPG

13.4" FSB barrel with an M4A1 RIS II FSP.
View Quote
That's sex
12/5/2017 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Quoted:

Love the FSP C4. Centurion Arms just did a limited run of these a few months ago. They actually still have 41 in stock on their site. I'm told when this inventory is exhausted, the next run will include a modification to reduce the size of the from sight "pocket". This will eliminate the gap in front of the FSB. I am holding out for the next batch. Will provide updates as I receive them.
View Quote
Sweet news
12/5/2017 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quote History
Quoted:
That's sex
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138579/_20171205_141227-381898.JPG

13.4" FSB barrel with an M4A1 RIS II FSP.
That's sex
Thanks!
12/5/2017 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Quoted:

Thanks!
View Quote
What's the barrel? Cut down 6920?
12/5/2017 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Quoted:
What's the barrel? Cut down 6920?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
What's the barrel? Cut down 6920?
Yeah, everything that's not obviously swapped out is Colt. I had it turned down to a lightweight profile too. I've been planning this for a while now, there's something neat that's going to go with it.
12/8/2017 12:53:50 AM EDT
[#39]


Colt M4, T-1, SF suppressor with DD FDE FSB Rail
1/17/2018 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#40]
I appreciate your reposting that. I had not seen it before. It's interesting how many areas of the AR market have come full circle with high rise mounts now being popular. That rail set up looks well made.
1/17/2018 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#41]


My carbine going into the new year.
2/19/2018 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone still chopping rails out there? I haven't seen any new commercial offerings in a while.
2/19/2018 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm considering hacking on a Geissele MK14.
2/19/2018 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn its been a minute since I checked this thread. Awesome guns Pez.

2/19/2018 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Quoted:
Damn its been a minute since I checked this thread. Awesome guns Pez.

https://i.imgur.com/BIW78yc.jpg
View Quote
Thanks. Check out this thread too if you're a fan of FSBs.

Attached File
2/21/2018 12:41:41 AM EDT
[#46]
My Contribution. I have wanted to build an AR in more or less this exact configuration for years, and I finally got around to doing it. And at least so far I think I can say it has instantly become my favorite way to set up an AR carbine. Probably the most interesting thing about this exact build is the actual FSB. The one here is a Dez Arms "clamp on" set screw FSB. I wasn't really sure about it at first, but I figured I would give it a shot. And I have to say I have actually been very impressed with it. With a dimple for the bottom set screw, it really is on there rock solid. It's obviously not as sturdy as a pinned FSB, but for those of use without access to the equipment to do it ourselves, and don't want to pay to ship the barrel to a gunsmith, it's a great option. And by my measurements, you should be able to run a drill through the side set screws holes to actually pin it at a later date.


TA33G-H
White Sound Defense FOSSA-556
Centurian Arms C4 Mid Length Cut Out
Green Mountain GM-G19 14.5 5.56 midlength
Aero receivers
ADM Nitride Bolt Carrier Group
Strike Industries LPK
Geissele SSA
Griffin Armament A3 Pistol grip, ECS Stock and MRE buffer tube
Armaspec H3 SRS (which is actually probably to heavy may have gotten a bit carried away with this one)
3/6/2018 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#47]
3/6/2018 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quote History
3/7/2018 9:56:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quote History
That's hot.
3/7/2018 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#50]
My simple HD FSB carbine build with Daniel Defense Omega 7.0 free float quad.  Omega is a two-piece drop in that retains delta ring and front cap, but is free float design.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 21
Next Page
AR Sponsor