User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 8:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
SOC, what kind of battery life are you getting? I've had mine for 4 months now with 7+ trips to the range on it, not sure on total hours though...

At least a hundred hours.

There were a few times I found out I had left it on but hadn't messed with it for a day or two.

I'm still using the same battery it came with.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for a great review.  I have a Elcan DR on my FAL and really like it as well.  Pretty much the same pros and cons as you covered it.  But, was curious if your illumination dial is as stiff as the 7.62mm version?
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 2:19:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks for a great review.  I have a Elcan DR on my FAL and really like it as well.  Pretty much the same pros and cons as you covered it.  But, was curious if your illumination dial is as stiff as the 7.62mm version?

It loosens up a bit with use but does require deliberate force with out being excessive IMHO.

I suppose I could check it with a torque wrench next chance I get.
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The ELCAN Specter DR’s are one of the best 1-4x scope on the market.  I had a prototype and I would have kept it but they wanted it back.  The Flip-Switch 1x to 4x is a very great way to go, the daytime illumination is outstanding, optics are great, and the reticle is a very nice layout.

Mike @ CSGW
www.csgunworks.com
[email protected]

Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS on AR15.com
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS on Snipersparadise
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS on the HIDE

I bought mine from Mike and he really took care of me.

If you are interested in one of these I would recommend contacting him.
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Another happy Elcan owner. If there are any issues with the zero working loose or it not holding when switching between 1x and 4x I can't tell. ARF is making me nervous with it using ARMs mounts now, but I think ARMs are more durable than people think... or atleast I hope so. This product is my first experience with ARMs to be honest and I have no problems with it yet (knock on wood right ARF?). For right now though, with a great working Elcan optic and very much working ARMs mounts this optic is so far in my opinion the best optic I could have bought.
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish that was the kind of elcan I had been issued, ours were heavy and annoying to say the least
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wish that was the kind of elcan I had been issued, ours were heavy and annoying to say the least

Do the ones you guys get issued have magnification or are they just a red dot?
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#8]
oops, i can't read...
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 12:21:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Do you use any lens covers with Elcan Specter DR? Or are the lenses (and outer lens coatings) tough enough to be just wiped clean if getting wet or dirty time after time?
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 2:02:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do you use any lens covers with Elcan Specter DR? Or are the lenses (and outer lens coatings) tough enough to be just wiped clean if getting wet or dirty time after time?

I just wipe mine with a soft cotton or a lens cloth.  No scratches yet.
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 1:06:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey thanks for the info man, im looking at getting one when I get back from this deployment. Good luck out there. Stay Safe.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 1:06:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No light on your M4 SOC? That's crazy...

I subscribe to the.  "There is a lot of things I'd point a light at that I wouldn't want to point a rifle at."  Mentality.

I subscribe to the I like to shoot a rifle with 2 hands theory and using a hand held light and a rifle is difficult at best. Use trigger finger discipline and if you see something that does not need shot bring the muzzle down. Simple.
Pat
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top