Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/25/2023 1:44:26 PM EDT
I can see the 5.56 AK getting more popular, especially with Russian ammo drying up.  Think magpul will ever make 5.56 AK magazine
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure they will eventually. I beat them to it with this. Takes 556 Pmags and has been absolutely flawless.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/25/2023 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I do enjoy my definitive arms AK with conversion mag well for 5.56 AR15 mags

It’s a great setup
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Make them to what standard? There probably 5+ different 5.56 AK mag types that are not all interchangeable. Some are close to each other but some of the aftermarket 5.56 AK mags are a compromise and fiddly in about everything.

I do not think MAGPUL would want to enter that market.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:30:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tac556] [#4]
Magpul might do mags for PSA 5.56 guns, unless PSA has them being done elsewhere.  That would ensure their market is as big as possible.  Not sure which pattern they used though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
PSA is Bulgarian pattern.  They are rolling their own AK-101 Russian-style mags at some point this year.

I feel like I post this in every pertinent thread but it isn’t 2000 anymore. The vast majority of commercial AKs in 5.56 in the US are Bulgarian.  I’d guess Serbian and Polish would be the next two major designs.  Converted Russian Saigas as well.  Chinese and Finnish guns are statistically meaningless.  Bulgarian/Polish/Russian mags are interchangeable.  They will also often fit into the Zastava Serbian guns, if a little tight.  A carefully designed mag would work across all the reasonably available AKs in the US.

Magpul is too busy being a lifestyle brand to bother with it.  PSA will have their mag eventually; Bosnian AC-Unity and Zastava polymer “Z-mag” options are currently available for under $25 and will work in both major mag well patterns.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Bulgarian/ Russian and Polish are the same. Construction methods differ but they interchange with each other. The AK 101 clone from KUSA for example is being developed with Bulgarian magazines and any video of it from Shot Show shows this. Yugos, Gallils and others differ. I’m anxiously awaiting the PSA magazines, they make very good magazines.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top