Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/25/2022 10:31:53 PM EDT
I’m looking to purchase a MAK90, preferably one unfired in box. What is a good or fair price for one?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:40:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve seen mak-90s in CT priced for sale in a local shop at $1,800 a few years ago but then about 2 years ago when I last saw them here, they were priced up to $2,400.
Not sure how much they went out the door for. This is a shop that prices the shit out of pre 1994 semi auto rifles because state laws can allow some prebans to be purchased by us serfs.

Hopefully your cost in what is presumed to be a free state isn’t that high.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 1:34:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Concentricity:
I’ve seen mak-90s in CT priced for sale in a local shop at $1,800 a few years ago but then about 2 years ago when I last saw them here, they were priced up to $2,400.
Not sure how much they went out the door for. This is a shop that prices the shit out of pre 1994 semi auto rifles because state laws can allow some prebans to be purchased by us serfs.

Hopefully your cost in what is presumed to be a free state isn’t that high.
View Quote

I’m in AZ so luckily I don’t have to deal with any of that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 1:58:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Since you want an unfired in the box mak-90 you can expect to pay much more than what its really worth.

I can tell you since last summer I have still been able to find on the regular unfired or near mint mak-90's with no box in the $750-850 range locally.

Id guestimate you are going to be in the $1k+ range for an unfired in the box one now. Would i pay that.....no but thats just me.

It all depends on what your plan is. If you plan to shoot and keep it id say screw the box and save the money.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Biohawk1:
Since you want an unfired in the box mak-90 you can expect to pay much more than what its really worth.

I can tell you since last summer I have still been able to find on the regular unfired or near mint mak-90's with no box in the $750-850 range locally.

Id guestimate you are going to be in the $1k+ range for an unfired in the box one now. Would i pay that.....no but thats just me.

It all depends on what your plan is. If you plan to shoot and keep it id say screw the box and save the money.
View Quote

It’s definitely going to be a shooter. I would buy a clean example with a low round count if I came across one.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:47:18 AM EDT
[#5]
OK I have to ask - why do you want a MAK90?  For what these are bringing in places like MA that have preban / postban distinction there are a ton of options for AZ, including parts guns.

Dont get me wrong, factory original AKs are very desirable and I have several, but for what a factory MAK90 will cost these days, there are probably better options for our location unless you are moving IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:57:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AKR:
OK I have to ask - why do you want a MAK90?  For what these are bringing in places like MA that have preban / postban distinction there are a ton of options for AZ, including parts guns.

Dont get me wrong, factory original AKs are very desirable and I have several, but for what a factory MAK90 will cost these days, there are probably better options for our location unless you are moving IMHO.
View Quote

Well I would like a factory built com block rifle. The mak90 is a very well built rifle. I’m also keeping eyes peeled for a Arsenal. Parts kits are $1500 right now. Even the available imports are $1400 plus. I’m looking for a stamped rifle and the only current stamped imports are the WBP rifles.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#7]
OK makes sense.  If I were you, I would look for a Hungarian SM-85M -  euro spec and well made but kind of a sleeper -  most people are not that into them but they are great shooters and a furniture swap away from being a russian AK.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top