Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/23/2020 5:12:51 PM EDT
I'm going to start off by saying I don't know a whole lot about differences between different AK variants. I have an old 10/63 I haven't used in years. Back when I didn't have a steady income I put a Tapco stock on it. I'm looking for an upgrade. I'm looking to put QD sling mounts on a few of my other long guns so I'm wondering if there's an AK stock that has one that would be decent for use with a single point sling.

Also I'd like an option for a solid optic mount that goes on the side rail. I have a QD mount that cost like $20 and is flimsy as shit. I'd like something that's more durable. Preferably something with a pic rail since I'm not sure what optic I want to throw on there later.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two Wasr's.  A newer one and and a 10/63.  My newer one is in a Magpul Zhukov stock.  I left the 10/63 in stock form.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
RS Regulate or Midwest Industries both make solid side mounts
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#3]
All my other AKs are underfolder or have Bonesteel Galil folders but my WASR sports a Fab Def GL Core & adaptor.
With the scope setup I have the GL Core with the adjustable cheek riser was the only setup that worked for me.
Has a QD swivel mount on each side.
I’ve had good luck with other Fab Def gear and when I saw Rob Ski sporting one I gave it a shot.
Nice looking alternative to an M4 stock if you want an adjustable option which I highly recommend for magnified optics.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have used everything on my WASR's and my M10, that's one of the joys of romy rifles, anything fits.

Currently have a nice set of plum from Atlantic on the 10/63, and a Magpul stock (NOT the fugly Zhukov robot foot) on the M10, other than the needlessly complex attachment system, the Magpul AK stock is excellent, even has a nice storage compartment that fits a standard AK cleaning kit perfectly. Looks good too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the Magpul stuff. Had the fixed stock, then went to the Zhukov. Not too expensive and really easy to install.

If you go with the Magpul handguard and want a foregrip, consider the BCM shorty. I had the Magpul RVG, and for me, it got in the way of mag exchanges with 30rd mags.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 9:40:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's my WASR with all Magpul furniture, this handguard did require me to cut the sling loop off. Which wasn't hard with a Dremel, just take your time and be steady.

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top