Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2021 7:51:13 PM EDT
Posting for my dad.  His VZ2008 went down A little while back after a day of shooting.  When he pulled the trigger the round wouldn’t fire and it was difficult to hear the striker fall.  The primer had a slight dimple but didn’t fire.  He manually cycled it and same problem.  No problem with the trigger resetting.

He tore it down at home and noticed that the firing pin wasn’t protruding from the bolt face and the firing pin would not move freely.  Remove the firing pin and he thought the tip of the firing pin looks like it might be broken.  So he ordered a new firing pin and swapped it in.  Then he took it to the range and it worked just fine for 15 to 20 rounds and he had the exact same problem again.  Pull trigger, click, round doesn’t fire and The primer is dimpled.  Manual cycle the bolt and same thing.

Trigger doesn’t have problems with resetting so I’m guessing it’s not the gremlin? Any ideas?  I’m about to tearing down the bolt myself and I will be posting pictures tonight.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Firing pin fell out of the back of the bolt when I disassembled everything, before I removed the extractor, so it went back past the firing pin stop that the extractor has built in.  After reassembling it, the firing pin is now retained Buy the piece on the bottom of the extractor and it moves freely from inside the bolt to a full firing pin protrusion, The only problem is that when the striker is pushed all the way in the firing pin doesn’t come fully out of the bolt.  He’s going to order a new extractor and firing pin and this time replace both and see if that takes care of everything.  Worse comes to worse, he has an extra complete bolt coming that he can just swap in if necessary
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure if this guy can help or if he even still does VZ work, but I sent mine to him years back for tabbing.  It appears he's still active, I tried to cross reference him here but did not find him.  

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top