Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/10/2022 4:29:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: panzersergeant]
I've had this VZ 2008 for a few years but haven't shot it in a while. I recently took it out of the safe, lubed it up, and went to the range. It shot fine when I first got it. The problem I'm having now is it will chamber the first round but will not chamber the second round. I tried 4 different mags to no avail. It will only feed from the right side of the mag, not the left. The round binds up as it's entering the chamber.

Anybody else ran into this problem? I searched everywhere on google but no luck.

Picture taken from bottom with mag out:

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#1]
After tinkering with it all day I finally got it figured out. There are two small tabs on the bottom of the bolt that pick up the rounds from the mag. One of the tabs was broke off, hence it only picked up rounds from one side of the mag. Didn't catch it because I thought that was the way it was supposed to look.

Anyway, hope this helps someone else with the same problem.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:
After tinkering with it all day I finally got it figured out. There are two small tabs on the bottom of the bolt that pick up the rounds from the mag. One of the tabs was broke off, hence it only picked up rounds from one side of the mag. Didn't catch it because I thought that was the way it was supposed to look.

Anyway, hope this helps someone else with the same problem.
View Quote

Good info to have available, thanx for posting your answer. Maybe if you have time post a pic of the broken area to look for. :)
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By woolgar:

Good info to have available, thanx for posting your answer. Maybe if you have time post a pic of the broken area to look for. :)
View Quote

I've got a new bolt on the way. When it gets here I'll post a side by side comparison.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting. I have a similar issue but it's only the last round in the mag that get hung up in the exact same way. Half my mags have issues and half are fine.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Replacement bolt came in today. I got it from Gatewood Supply Co. out of Trussville, Alabama. You can see where a small tab broke off near the bolt face. It looks to me like it's only purpose is to strip rounds from the magazine. Makes me wonder how such a narrow strip of metal  stands up to full-auto fire but I guess it works. I considered trying to warranty it out with Century Arms but heard so much negative
feedback about dealing with them I decided not to bother.

Anyway, my vz is back up and running.

Link Posted: 9/20/2022 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Did the bolt get dropped?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Good to know. I'll have to check my VZ2008 and kit build to see what those areas look like in mine. At least there are still replacement parts out there to get you back to shooting.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:
Did the bolt get dropped?
View Quote

Not by me.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top