Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2018 3:44:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigdude01]
I own a D-technik vz58 in 7.62mm. I have been struggling to properly co-witness. The upper rail is Bonesteel arms. First, I owned an Aimpoint Mirco H-1 but ended up selling it because I wanted something lighter and with a smaller footprint. Now I own a Leica Tempus red dot (2.0 MOA) and my rear sight is a Magwedge peep sight. If I mount the Leica on the upper rail, it blocks the rear sight view. In my attempt to lower the red dot, I am considering having a gunsmith mill the upper rail and mount the red dot directly to the rail. Anyone else have any suggestions? I will not use an angled mount, side mount or dust cover mount as I don't like the like look of those nor want the added weight.

Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
do what you want is my only advice, i hate red dots myself, my eyes are defective so for me they suck.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 5:49:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MadDogDan] [#2]
First of all these are “NOT” AR’s so forget that whole co-witness thing. I am running an aluminum hand guard with integral top rail but there isn’t ANY red dot sights that will co-witness, so I am running an Aimpoint ML3 in a LaRue QR mount.  If the Aimpoint goes belly up, I can just quickly remove it and use the irons.

JMHO 😄
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 10:30:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Co-witnessing a VZ-58 is pretty straight forward with a Bonesteel Arms upper rail. My is absolute co-witnessed with a Leica Red Dot 2 MOA.

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 2:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigdude01:
Co-witnessing a VZ-58 is pretty straight forward with a Bonesteel Arms upper rail. My is absolute co-witnessed with a Leica Red Dot 2 MOA.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/46980133235_4d617c167f_z.jpg
View Quote

You realize you're responding to your own thread from years ago, right?

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 4:36:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigdude01] [#5]
I am responding to Maddogdan's post that he is not able to co-witness his rifle and these are not ARs so forget the whole co-witnessing thing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got a Sig Sauer Romeo 5 with a Bonesteel upper handguard rail and it co-witnesses just fine with the low mount it came with.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top