Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2020 9:37:33 AM EDT
Was kinda curious if anyone has some real experience using an ultimak on a 7.62x39 krink.

I like the idea of having a true co-witness with the irons. I just havent seen alot of people running a ultimak on a krink and was kinda thinking there's probably a good reason why maybe? Idk.

With that said if you have run a ultimak rail on a krink, did you keep your standard lower handgaurd or swap out to a railed option. I'd like to go full on ultimak with a railed lower so I can run a grip also but once again haven't seen anyone with a setup like that.

If im dumb just let me know. I'm not opposed to using the optic rail on receiver just would like a more solid option.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 9:54:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesTheScot] [#1]
I’ve put an Ultimak on a Zastava M85 in 5.56. I left the stock wood lower hand guard on it.

No issues. But I also haven’t done consecutive mag dumps to torture test it.

I have my RDS co-witnessed but honestly, when you put one of the smaller RDS setups that far out in front of you, the sight picture through the sight gets awful small. You see the sight picture, the sight housing and every other thing out there in front of you all at the same time. It’s still faster than lining up the irons, but it’s noticeably less clean, for lack of a better word, than having a RDS closer to your eye.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JamesTheScot:
I’ve put an Ultimak on a Zastava M85 in 5.56. I left the stock wood lower hand guard on it.

No issues. But I also haven’t done consecutive mag dumps to torture test it.
View Quote

I just dont want to put good money in this set up and cook red dots lmao.

I know this rifle gets HOT FAST especially in 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Do it with a cheap Bushnell RDS like I did. If it roasts it, no big loss. If it doesn’t, you can upgrade.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#4]
My guess is that if you don’t like it, you can flip the ultimak on eBay for about 90% of what you paid for it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I put a stormworks rail in mine. Best option imo unless you get a railed top cover
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cheezzyizill:

I just dont want to put good money in this set up and cook red dots lmao.

I know this rifle gets HOT FAST especially in 7.62x39.
View Quote

I have a PA Micro on a BT QD low mount on a Krink Ultimak rail that still allows a low cowitness but lets me take it off after long shooting session to try to reduce the heat exposure to the optic.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#7]
4 years, thousands of rounds and multiple 2-gun matches and mine hasn't fried any optics.  Just do it OP.  It'll work fine.

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ve had the Ultimak gas tube but wasn’t a fan. I like the rail mount on the top cover option better. No issues with holding zero.

Link Posted: 2/12/2022 3:17:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Smurgeon:
4 years, thousands of rounds and multiple 2-gun matches and mine hasn't fried any optics.  Just do it OP.  It'll work fine.

https://i.imgur.com/IAmM7KG.jpg
View Quote

Not to hijack the thread, but what light mount is that?
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top