Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/11/2022 8:04:05 PM EDT
What's the right fix for this?  It gets painful to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I’d start with the hammer.
My WASR 10 came with a Tapco trigger, the one with the squared off back on the hammer. Bad trigger slap and my bolt was peening on the back.
You can grind it down. Some don’t recommend that as it might affect the hardness of the hammer but IMHO better than peening.
Best bet is to put a proper hammer in it, or use it as an excuse to replace the trigger group.
I replaced mine with a RAK-1 and was worth it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:38:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wormraper] [#2]
Originally Posted By SO3184:
What's the right fix for this?  It gets painful to shoot.
View Quote

change out the FCG. The triggers that Century used for SAR-1s were BRUTAL. the disconnector tail was too long and they caused trigger slap.

many triggers out there that will work. I prefer the Romy Semi auto FCGs from Apex... good romy trigger for a good gun.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/ak-semi-auto-trigger-pack-w-hammer-new-romanian.html

you can use one of the myriad of USA made fcgs too

Century Rak-1
Fime
Fime Enhanced
ALG (I don't reccomend the ALG triggers though. people love a light bougie trigger, but it's almost too lite and it's over hardened and beats up carrier tails. most over rated AK trigger)

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 10:51:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 1:07:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Cut the tail off the disconnector.  Done...
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top