Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/1/2020 10:58:52 PM EDT
Hey folks!

Finally got around to hunting down a dong grip in the EE, and think I'm closing in on finalizing my first AK setup with my WASR :)

http://imgur.com/a/WzGf44E

However my big question is do I want to scrounge around for a laminate upper HG to match my dong grip, or get one of the "cheese grater" uppers? I really enjoy the look and contrast of the cheese grater, however I also like to have my support thumb ride high.

Any thoughts/experiences with the grater? Or is it just a cool looking thumb burner?

Only other thought I may have is if I wanna swap the US Palm style grip for a dark bakelite.

Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had a cheese grater on my WASR for years. It’s works fine

If you like the look I say go for it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 4:55:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it's just a good place to fry bacon.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 12:56:00 AM EDT
[#3]
To resurrect an older thread, I have the cheese grater on my Draco...I think it has improved ventilation over the wood, should help the barrel cool faster. Of course I have not done any studies to prove this.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top