Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/22/2022 9:59:06 PM EDT
Hello all, I stumbled into a Norinco 84S that happens to be brand new, still in the box. It has all of the accessories, bayonet, cleaning kit, etc...this rifle is not an underfolder.

Unfortunately, the only gauge I have is gunbroker, but all of the 84S's listed are used, don't have their boxes, etc...in other words, not great comparisons.  A buddy of mine who is into AK's a bit more than I am told me to never sell this rifle just due to it being unfired and having the box and all of the associated hardware.  He basically told me that the thing is priceless.

My conundrum, of course, is that I really want an AK in 556 that I can actually shoot, and I am having a really tough time trying to justify putting even one round through this 84S. I just don't have the scratch to run out and grab a SAM5.

Any of you folks have any thoughts on what a piece like this would bring in?  I realize any thoughts would be a best guess.

Thanks much.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 4:29:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Out by me I have no trouble finding mint 84s Rifles without the box for $1500  and they all sit and sit and sit for months.

$1500 for one NIB would be about right.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 7:42:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Problem with the 84s are the mags. This will forever keep the value down. Face to face NIB about 1500-2000.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Right on.  Thank you guys for the info.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top