Site Notices
Suppressed AK Thread (Page 1 of 8)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 12/18/2017 9:48:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TX-Zen]
Post em if you have em. Your own suppressors and .mil welcome

In late 2023 the green rattle can came out, and I won't lie - I love it
Tig-IR + 1P78 Kashtan on the 105 and a Skeet-IR X on the Arsenal in front of the Browe
Larue Tranquillo on the Tiger, Vox K on the 105 and Sandman K on the Arsenal

This was from a while ago but I think I have more AKs suppresssed now than I did then. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't suppress AKs. You definitely can, but it's trickier, and not all of them can be suppressed. Most of them can however. Just be careful, do your research and triple test and triple check everything

2022:
Scored an AK12 and am only beginning the testing but its off to a good start. In 2023 I actually have an approved Form 1 for an AK12K SBR, so we'll see how that goes

2023: The KR9 is been a solid varmint gun. I switch between the Eotech and the Novus Vzor-1 red dot clone (MDS-3), and the actual Vzor-1 you see in the lower right

MDS-3 red dot, Wilcox clip on thermal mount in front, Omega 9K and a Klesch 2 IR on the KR9
Rugged Micro and some white light version of Klesch on the ZenitCo AKSU

Vzor-1 and the Skeet or Voodoo S actually work believe it or not. It would be better to have a magnifier, but due to the low recoil of the KR9 I won't get scope eye being pushed in a little close. Since this is a varmint gun and not a CQB rifle to protect against Antifa, I can accept slightly trickier ergonomics or sight picture than I would with my personal defense rifles

Updated 2021:
AK105 with Perst 3, ZenitCo B33 top cover, B10u lower HG and Ultimak gas tube rail, with modified ModButton pressure switch for Perst 3. Also lucked into an AK74M3 modernized buttstock and PG

KUSA KR-9 with OKP-7 optic, Perst 3 and Ghost-M in short configuration

AK105 with Sandman K + E-Brake, ZenitCo Perst 2 laser, Skeet-IR and Kashtan 2.8x

With TigIR clip on thermal and Vox S suppressor

Sandman K with PEQ15 and Browe BTO optic

Repainted the Browe and an AK12 mag with a new style of 'Syrian' camo I'm experimenting with

With Vzor-1 red dot

Sandman K with DBAL A4

My back window doubles as my hunting blind

Griffin M4SDK modified to Dead Air KeyMo mount by ECCO Machining

2024 RPK74M ZenitCo goodness
It's true, Kashtan is in fact my favorite Russian optic closely followed by the 1P87 and Obzor, but unfortunately Obzor isn't compatible with clip on thermal optics
Kashtan is very similar to an ACOG in function and use, but definitely not a clone

Sandman K, 762SDN-6, SOCOM762, Wolverine

SOCCOM 762

AK103 with Obzor and Rugged Micro 30

Sandman K

Griffin M4SD-K (bottom) and Mini 4 (top)

Dead Air PBS-1 Wolverine with 1P63 Obzor

Browe BTO-RS with Wolverine

SGL31 with ZenitCo B10M+B33 topcover, DBAL A3 and Kashtan 1P with AAC Mini 4 5.56

Old style AKM

Modern AK103

Auzie's RPK74

1PN51

With TA31GH and TNVC PVS14. This was an old config I fooled around with in the early days. It works but you have to leave the PVS14 attached or the zero will obviously shift without it

AAC 51T Brakeout 2 with Griffin 24x1.5 adapter

With NPZ PN22K Gen 3 Day/Night

Mini 4

PBS-1

SOCOM 7.62 RC and 1P63 Obzor

1PN93

AKSU with ZenitCo B11 Handguard. This is a tight little package and very handy. Holosun does not interfere with 1PN93

View of the Kashtan reticule through the Tig. Say what you want about Russian optics not being designed to work with night vision or thermal, but for me a number of the more modern ones like Kashtan and 1P87 have been remarkably effective, and oddly have the same height as western optics

5.45x39 gets it done BTW
I've sent hundreds of hogs to swine valhalla over the years with simple 7N6 and even Hornady Black. Like any caliber good shot placement is important for DRT hits like in this photo, but two or three random hits on a hog running after the sounder busts will usually put them down. I've never seen hogs call for evac or pop an IFAIK, so you can be reasonably sure if they do happen to run off they won't be coming back

Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:50:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TX-Zen] [#1]
After 18 months of various ups and downs waiting on my PBS-1 Wolverine, I have now been able to suppress my Tiger. This is a project I've been after for a long time but hampered because SVDs are expensive and I didn't want to permanently modify a rare collectors rifle. Some guys have had custom barrels made and some others have moved the FSB back and had the existing barrel threaded for a suppressor but I tried a different direction and had a custom AK74 style FSB made by a really good machinist. I have to say his work turned out fantastic and I couldn't be happier with it. BR762 from the AKFiles forum did the FSB fitting and mounting to my Tiger

I have not been able to test POI shift suppressed or unsuppressed yet, frankly I have been having too much fun blasting away to be scientific just yet. So far the ejection distance of spent brass appears to be the same but I'll have more detailed info in the next few weeks when I get down and systematically bench the rifle
Update: Like many rifles there's enough of a POI shift that I don't remove the suppressor, and frankly that is true these days for almost all my rifles. I ended up dedicating a suppressor to each rather than moving suppressors around. Simpler. What I will additionally say about POI is that suppressing SVDs and AKs seems to really help reduce the group size. I have gotten 1 MOA out of my Tiger and some sub MOA groups on the FEYG, and 1.5 MOA out of my AK105 with Hornady Black 5.45. Rob Ski tested two PSA 103 rifles and got less than 1.5 MOA on both. My experience has generally been the same

Update 2024
The Voodoo-S is coming along nicely on the Tiger, and the huxworxwhatevertheirnameisnow Ti 762 is pretty damn impressive. I still need to get a better 5/8x24 solution for the FEYG but so far with a low round count it's holding up

Update 2023
ZenitCo B13N rail fits a Perst 3 laser

2023 I rattlecanned an SVD. Fight me

Update 2021
I decided to move to the Larue Tranquillo because of it's low backpressure. I'm also using the Skeet-IR thermal clip on in this photo but to be honest it doesn't move very well from gun to gun, so I ended up with the TigIR instead (and in 2024 the Voodoo S replaced the Tig)

TigIR. This is an amazing clip on
(for what I do with it, which is less than 200 yard shots. Long range guys don't like the fuzziness of the image and the lack of objective focus, but I use a handheld thermal for PID before pulling the trigger, so the lower image quality of the Tig has not impacted my style of shooting)

Also added an RMR for daylight hunting. Sometimes pigs pop out in the weirdest places while driving the mule, buttheymostlycomeatnightmostly

HD-18 with Larue

HD-18 with Sandman K. This rifle passed the rod test with the AAC 762SDN6 which is a very long suppressor

Forgot to add this is a UW Gear custom chest rig I had made by Diz and John based on the Russian Chamelion SVD chest rig. It's a super handy 10 mag DMR chest rig with molle attachments. UW Gear did a fantastic job on it

At 300 yards with PN22K day/night gen 3 optic

Custom 24x1.5 FSB based on an AK74 but designed for the NDM86 barrel. Top is the modern SVD flash hider, bottom is the SVDS flash hider

My particular barrel tapered slightly at the muzzle and two small 3.5mm pins were added to help stabilize the front collar area

Tiger SVD and AK105

Confirming zero at 100 with the REAP-IR. You can see most paper targets clearly if they have a bit of contrast to absorb heat. I've been able to see 1 inch squares on paper targets at 50 yards, and the bullet hole through paper right after putting rounds on the target

I don't own enough land to justify a mule but I will for damn sure be getting one if I ever own a ranch. This has been by far the funnest way I have ever hunted. Spot while driving and fire from a short halt, very similar to my time as an Abrams commander haha (except we didn't have to fire from a halt like those wretched T72 and T80s did )

The unfortunate varmints who ceased to cause trouble for the landowner after being acquired in the thermal

Link Posted: 12/18/2017 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
OST.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
All I can say is...  "WOW!!!!"

Those are some kick ass AKs!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 1:11:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 12/19/2017 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm very interested in suppressing one of my AKs.  Any tips?  It will have a chopped barrel so I'm not worried about the threads and shoulder.  I have a direct thread 30cal can looking for a home.

I was wondering if cutting back and/or "porting" the gas tube could help to relieve some of the back pressure and over gassing?
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ordersman:

I was wondering if cutting back and/or "porting" the gas tube could help to relieve some of the back pressure and over gassing?
View Quote
Unfortunately, the "gas tube" on an AK is really more of a piston guide tube. Adding more holes will not affect the gas pressure.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 10:25:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Noice. Have you done a review on the PBS1 Tx?
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 10:37:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sparks556] [#8]
RPK

Vepr 308

Link Posted: 12/19/2017 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a few huntertown arms cans they were crazy good priced and do ok but I will be rocking some wolverine cans soon hopefully.

Link Posted: 12/19/2017 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:
View Quote
Not yet, it should be arriving from Capitol Armory before the end of the year. Hope to very soon
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#11]
cool pics everyone, thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TX-Zen:
Not yet, it should be arriving from Capitol Armory before the end of the year. Hope to very soon
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:
Awesome, looking forward towards it like your optic threads.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 1:12:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Man, I don't feel worthy posting in a TX-Zen thread.

Potato pic.  

Gemtech HALO with a Vltor HALO-74 adapter on rebuilt Bulgarian AKS-74 kit.  Dunno if it was because it was a military barrel, the barrel was made on a Tuesday (weekend hangover is over, Friday hangover hasn't started ), or just straight dumb luck, but it works pretty well, no baffle strikes.  Not as good as an AR, you get a gas jet under the dust cover, but better than the AUG I've also tried it on before.  The Vltor adapter would work on any 24mm FSB, but I haven't tried it on any of my others aside from a SLR-106 where there is a lot of resistance screwing it down.

I like that Griffin 24mm adapter, I've screwed around with a lot of those 24mm adapters but I've never found one I trusted.  I like how it indexes on the muzzle.  Need to look into that to setup some 51T adapters.

Hopefully a Wolverine in my future, it's just been low in priority.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Suppressed M85NP

Link Posted: 12/21/2017 12:06:08 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm assuming you've had good luck using the 24x1.5 adapter, TX?  I'm contemplating using the one from CNC Warrior with an AAC brake for my SDN-6.  I've just been buying bakelite mags instead. Haha
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 1:47:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Rifle Dynamics x Arsenal 104UR x Dead Air Sandman-K

Arsenal 107FR x Dead Air Wolverine PBS-1

AKT-98 x Dead Air Mask

Link Posted: 12/21/2017 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Cartel-:
Rifle Dynamics x Arsenal 104UR x Dead Air Sandman-K

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4554/38331962964_ee9f9cc3b1_z.jpg

Arsenal 107FR x Dead Air Wolverine PBS-1

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4488/38052641811_b4c126300c.jpg

AKT-98 x Dead Air Mask

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4398/35518125734_38c36f392c_o.jpg
View Quote
Hows the SLR107 with the wolverine? Any increase in back pressure? Also, how about your krink and sandman?
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Vepr 7.62x54r / Sico Specwar .

Link Posted: 12/21/2017 12:15:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#20]
I confess, my AK (yes, singular)is unsupressed.

I haven’t monkeyed with my sig556R (it’s sort of AK-ish) to see if it’ll suppress.

If I ever get off my ass with my 5.45 Krink project, I plan to can it.  TX-Zen, you’re the guy with the extremely badass rattlecan paint job on a krink, right?

In my “sort of want” folder is an HK-pattern 7.62x39 (maybe SBR), which would need another can

Too much work, too much pussdom, not enough time For fun fun projects lately.

I am full of fail and should feel bad.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:
I confess, my AK (yes, singular)is unsupressed.

I haven’t monkeyed with my sig556R (it’s sort of AK-ish) to see if it’ll suppress.

If I ever get off my ass with my 5.45 Krink project, I plan to can it.  TX-Zen, you’re the guy with the extremely badass rattlecan paint job on a krink, right?

In my “sort of want” folder is an HK-pattern 7.62x39 (maybe SBR), which would need another can

Too much work, too much pussdom, not enough time For fun fun projects lately.

I am full of fail and should feel bad.
View Quote
I can tell you that the 556R in its original flavor is waaaaay overgassed, and using a suppressor on it causes it to cycle faster than the magazine can feed.  I had my gas valve modifed to add "off" and "maybe suppressed" positions with no port and an extremely small port.  I haven't tested it yet, but my plan was to drill it out step by step until it works.

Supposedly the PTR-32 runs pretty well suppressed, I have mine setup for it but also haven't had a chance to test it.  A suppressed 7.62x39 semi auto has been a goal of mine for a while. Probably should just order the Wolverine since it's designed to work with AKs nicely.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#22]
A couple of Non-AK, AKish suppressed guns....

Link Posted: 12/21/2017 5:01:24 PM EDT
[#23]
My M92 with a form 1 8'' can, I had to modify the hell out of a gas piston to get it to run without beating up the rear trunnion. has 2800 rounds through it to date (75%of those suppressed)and runs perfect. I'm always surprised at threads like these where guys throw a can on their AK's and do nothing to tame the crazy overgassing you'll get, that shit will kill your trunnion, rivets, or receiver if it's bad enough.

Next to the 12.5'' SBR
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 12:18:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dryflash3] [#24]
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Poppy83:
I'm assuming you've had good luck using the 24x1.5 adapter, TX?  I'm contemplating using the one from CNC Warrior with an AAC brake for my SDN-6.  I've just been buying bakelite mags instead. Haha
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Poppy83:
I use the Griffin, not the CNC, and the Griffin is quite good yes

I don't use the CNC adapter with my AAC mounts because you still have to be ultra careful about the concentricity problem. No disrespect to CNC because they make a good adapter but IMO it doesn't help with concentricity. It indexes against the FSB detent pin like any muzzle device and while it works extremely well as a thread adapter it is still affected by the threads same as any other muzzle device. Some of my AKs are non-concentric enough that I don't want to risk a suppressor, some are marginal and some straight as an arrow. For the marginal ones I can squeak by with the Griffin but not the CNC

The Griffin indexes to the muzzle face and according to them gives you the highest chance for proper alignment of the adapter and the barrel. From what I have seen I would believe this is true. As I said on my marginal rifles the CNC is still a no go but the Griffin does seem to improve the situation

Since I am a 24x1.5 FSB kind of guy I would say that in my collection it's about 50/50 of good to go vs iffy or non-concentric threads. IMO 24x1.5 seems to have a higher percentage of non-concentric threads than directly threaded barrels. I don't have as much experience with 14x1 but we checked a good number of Auzie and Joshard's rifles and I would say over 90% looked good to go. As always though, each time you want to add a suppressor to an AK it takes a bit of soul searching, a lot of triple checking concentricity and then a decision to go for it. I think the boogey man is in the first few, after that you get a feel for what is going to work and what isn't.

Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:
TX-Zen, you're the guy with the extremely badass rattlecan paint job on a krink, right?
Yeah that's me. Sold it but planning on doing another

Originally Posted By dryflash3:
I'm going to set the archive toggle to keep this thread out of the archives.
Thanks Dry, that's very kind of you
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 9:24:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Sparks556:
RPK

Vepr 308
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sparks556:
RPK

Vepr 308
Love the camo schemes my friend and always enjoy your photos. I wish we had that much space and desert in Texas!

Originally Posted By Findsman:
Man, I don't feel worthy posting in a TX-Zen thread.
Haha thanks mate, but I'm a regular guy like you. Just been building the collection slowly over the past 10 years. Good luck on the Wolverine!

Thanks for posting my friend, and thanks for the advice and experience from your Tiger. I'll give you a buzz after the new year when my PBS-1 arrives
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#28]

I use the Griffin, not the CNC, and the Griffin is quite good yes

I don't use the CNC adapter with my AAC mounts because you still have to be ultra careful about the concentricity problem. No disrespect to CNC because they make a good adapter but IMO it doesn't help with concentricity. It indexes against the FSB detent pin like any muzzle device and while it works extremely well as a thread adapter it is still affected by the threads same as any other muzzle device. Some of my AKs are non-concentric enough that I don't want to risk a suppressor, some are marginal and some straight as an arrow. For the marginal ones I can squeak by with the Griffin but not the CNC

The Griffin indexes to the muzzle face and according to them gives you the highest chance for proper alignment of the adapter and the barrel. From what I have seen I would believe this is true. As I said on my marginal rifles the CNC is still a no go but the Griffin does seem to improve the situation

Since I am a 24x1.5 FSB kind of guy I would say that in my collection it's about 50/50 of good to go vs iffy or non-concentric threads. IMO 24x1.5 seems to have a higher percentage of non-concentric threads than directly threaded barrels. I don't have as much experience with 14x1 but we checked a good number of Auzie and Joshard's rifles and I would say over 90% looked good to go. As always though, each time you want to add a suppressor to an AK it takes a bit of soul searching, a lot of triple checking concentricity and then a decision to go for it. I think the boogey man is in the first few, after that you get a feel for what is going to work and what isn't.

Yeah that's me. Sold it but planning on doing another

Thanks Dry, that's very kind of you
View Quote
Thank you for the in-depth response.  I was unaware of the differences in the adapters.  I already have the CNC adapter on and when I put my AAC Blackout on there, it seems to have enough clearance.  I took the bolt and carrier out and was looking through the rear.  I also jave an alignment rod from McMaster and it clears.  It still makes me nervous, though.

I should have the AAC Brake in the next week or so and then I'll check using it.  If I'm not comfortable, then I at least really like that brake.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Lol the barrel on my AK is so canted, you’d really be able to see it with a can on the end...
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Great thread. I’ve had very minimal (noticeable?) increase in gas pressures with the Wolverine PBS1 on my AKs. They’re definitely not “Suppressed AR” quiet but, as long as you understand that, it’s still pretty awesome and I highly recommend it as an out-of-the-box suppressor for AKs. It is noticeable quieter on two different VZ58s I have but, it seems to overgas those and I do get misfeeds.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Might have to get a griffin adapter for the Draco.

Got a ti 7.62 can that would be great on it
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#32]
So jelly.........
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 3:11:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Draco SBR with a titanium form 1 can i built.  Can screws onto a griffin minimalist flash hider.  Made the gas block adjustable, very pleasureable to shoot after adjusting it. I shoot it without ear pro, no ringing in my ears.

Link Posted: 12/30/2017 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By hitchhiker:
Draco SBR with a titanium form 1 can i built.  Can screws onto a griffin minimalist flash hider.  Made the gas block adjustable, very pleasureable to shoot after adjusting it. I shoot it without ear pro, no ringing in my ears.

http://i64.tinypic.com/70l4t1.jpg
View Quote
wow the dracos look so good with a can... I have owned 2 and sold them like a idiot I need to pick up another soon. nice boom stick brother...
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Saiganov .223 with HTA Kestrel.  Is that thing a collectors item now?

Link Posted: 1/7/2018 8:45:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mustangduckk] [#36]
F1 Tula Krink with HTA Kestrel-

Link Posted: 1/7/2018 10:50:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Has anyone used a Silencerco Hybrid on their AK? I wanted to buy 1 can that would handle all of my rifles and pistols other than rimfire. Never really thought of suppressing one of my AK's but I figured I would ask. I would probably only want to suppress my Arsenal's. Preban stuff only get shot occasionally and I would rather not modify them in any way. I'm figuring they would most likely have concentric threads. Not sure but I would imagine they very possibly could be over gassed. Are each of your guns being modified to run one can and only run suppressed? Sorry for the noob questions. Just joined here and read this thread.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 11:11:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shortbuss] [#38]
Originally Posted By JoeCorrado:
Has anyone used a Silencerco Hybrid on their AK? I wanted to buy 1 can that would handle all of my rifles and pistols other than rimfire. Never really thought of suppressing one of my AK's but I figured I would ask. I would probably only want to suppress my Arsenal's. Preban stuff only get shot occasionally and I would rather not modify them in any way. I'm figuring they would most likely have concentric threads. Not sure but I would imagine they very possibly could be over gassed. Are each of your guns being modified to run one can and only run suppressed? Sorry for the noob questions. Just joined here and read this thread.
View Quote
@JoeCorrado

I slapped a dead air flash hider on it (Key-mo adapter for my hybrid) and run it. Pics in 5...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

In all fairness, understand what you're getting. It's a master at none. Put weight in looking at a Dead Air sandman (coming from the owner of 3 SiCo's)
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Place holder for something cool with the Tiger
View Quote
Zen are the SGL31 still relatively available?
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By saigamanTX:
Zen are the SGL31 still relatively available?
View Quote
Yes, if you are willing to pay up. I don't think I've seen one posted for less than $1500-1600 in the last year. Even more for the factory side folders. I thought I overpaid ($1200) for mine right after the ban but they are a quality AK and it looks like they will hold their value. That said I'm shooting the piss out of mine and enjoying every range trip
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Looking forward to putting together something like this.

Link Posted: 1/7/2018 9:14:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By mustangduckk:

F1 Tula Krink with HTA Kestrel-

https://i.imgur.com/J1WJvOY.jpg
View Quote
*swoon*
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Shortbuss:

@JoeCorrado

I slapped a dead air flash hider on it (Key-mo adapter for my hybrid) and run it. Pics in 5...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/376523/20180107_110907-413492.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/376523/1515341422560653022327-413493.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/376523/1515341454818193493239-413495.JPG

In all fairness, understand what you're getting. It's a master at none. Put weight in looking at a Dead Air sandman (coming from the owner of 3 SiCo's)
View Quote
I would look at a different suppressor company but I get a deal on SiCo cans. I appreciate your input on what this can is. I know I'll buy more but I wanted something in the mean time before/if the HPA passes. I really wanted to add it on to my SCAR 17 and then started thinking about my other rifles. Somewhere I got it in my head that AK's can be finicky about running suppressed and just happened to stumble across this thread. I bought a Warlock II as well to suppress my 22's and figured anything I wanted to suppress, I now will be able to. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 2:57:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By hitchhiker:

http://i64.tinypic.com/70l4t1.jpg
View Quote
@hitchhiker can you comment more on your gas block? How did you make it adjustable?
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Saiga 5.45 SiCo Omega.

Link Posted: 1/20/2018 3:30:07 AM EDT
[#46]

SLR-104fr with VLTOR adapter and Gemtech Halo
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#47]
any recommendations on a good 14x1 to 5/8x24 thread adapter? wanting to put my rugged surge on a slr107 when i get it
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:26:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TX-Zen] [#48]
Based on my experience with the 24x1.5 to 1/2x28 I'd say get this:

https://www.silencershop.com/griffin-14x1lh-to-5-8x24-adaptor.html
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By ordersman:

@hitchhiker can you comment more on your gas block? How did you make it adjustable?
View Quote
I drilled into the top of the gas block and tapped it 1/4x28.  The hole i drilled and tapped lines up with the gas port hole coming up through the FSB, so as you screw in the grub screw i installed it closes off the gas port opening.  It cycles without the can at about 95% closed, so it would be rediculously overgassed without the mod.  Ill try and post pics tonight.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 11:12:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Here it is:  1/4x28 x 3/8" grub screw.  The screw can go in far enough to completely close off the gas port.  Ill post another pic to show how small the opening is with it set to barely cycle unsuppressed.

" />
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Suppressed AK Thread (Page 1 of 8)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top